bandwidth question

#1wishfacePosted 3/29/2013 12:13:40 PM
Does anyone here play with a bandwidth at least 10,000 kbps (you can check the system info by pressing back when in the options menu of the multiplayer section) and still experience being a second behind everyone else?
#2Andrew_RyannPosted 3/29/2013 12:19:15 PM
Bandwidth doesn't matter; you likely have enough even on the worst connection. Ping is what matters, and that will always be different every game depending on whose hosting. Besides all of that network stuff, the game has an internal issue with camera's not being synced up correctly that also causes the "1 second behind" thing.

You are boned no what you do in this game.
#3SevenDayCandlePosted 3/29/2013 12:36:54 PM
wishface posted...
Does anyone here play with a bandwidth at least 10,000 kbps (you can check the system info by pressing back when in the options menu of the multiplayer section) and still experience being a second behind everyone else?

I play on the PS3 and haven't seen the bandwidth part change at all.

I went from 25/10 internet to 75/35 and it's still the same.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#4wishface(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:39:16 PM
according to activision tech support (FWIW) they claim Treyarch tell them the lag problems are due to ports. They also say that, because my bandwidth is around 800kbps my ports must be forwarded incorrectly.
#5wishface(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:39:55 PM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Bandwidth doesn't matter; you likely have enough even on the worst connection. Ping is what matters, and that will always be different every game depending on whose hosting. Besides all of that network stuff, the game has an internal issue with camera's not being synced up correctly that also causes the "1 second behind" thing.

the cameras?
#6darkshadowmasterPosted 3/29/2013 12:40:27 PM
wishface posted...
according to activision tech support (FWIW) they claim Treyarch tell them the lag problems are due to ports. They also say that, because my bandwidth is around 800kbps my ports must be forwarded incorrectly.

They are not going to say the problem is on their end. Even though the problem is on their end.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#7SevenDayCandlePosted 3/29/2013 12:44:19 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
wishface posted...

They are not going to say the problem is on their end. Even though the problem is on their end.

^ Basically.

One of the main articles on their support page is 'how to get rid of lag in multiplayer' which blames it on your router lol.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#8Andrew_RyannPosted 3/29/2013 1:05:12 PM(edited)
wishface posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

the cameras?

Camera's being what you actually see on your screen vs where your soldier model is...apparently internally, without any sort of hinderance from lag, your camera is sometimes/always ahead of your model. "Internally" means this happens even in local, custom games where network isn't even a factor. I don't remember the exact specifics...you can probably google black ops 2 camera problem for more.
#9wishface(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 1:10:56 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
wishface posted...

Maybe not, but there's nothing else I can do but try. If i can get things to work then great.

It cannot make sense that I, consistently, am firing at people who aren't where they appear to be. I feel at times like I'm armed with a water pistol not an assault rifle. Whatever the problems are, why am I always on the crappy end compared to my opponents?
#10wishface(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 1:11:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]