just learned to quick scope today

#1TheSaintGPosted 3/29/2013 5:17:39 PM
and i have to ask why do people do it?

i mean if you are going to quick scope why not just use the ksg or ballista ironsights??

thats how i had to train my self to do it and once i started actually quickscoping later it felt less effective than both of those (ksg is a sure thing, while the ballista has the option of never losing track of the targets)
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#2timilayas99Posted 3/29/2013 5:47:17 PM
I ask myself that all the time. Why people use Snipers to quickscope I will never know. Like you said, the KSG and Ballista ironsights are easier. It's mind boggling.
---
---
Go away.
#3CassieWonPosted 3/29/2013 6:05:58 PM
timilayas99 posted...
are easier.

There's your answer. Some people don't like to use what is easier, and may instead prefer a challenge or even just a change. If everybody just ran with what was easier, the Swat, Chicom and Five Seven would never be used.
#4TheSaintG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 6:07:46 PM
If they wanted to challange themselves why not use the xpr to quick scope or even better the SVU (lol)

i challange myself but more practical is not exactly the same as easier
---
#5AHarasPosted 3/29/2013 6:14:00 PM
its easier to quickscope people long range with a sniper scope, rather than the ksg (impossible), and iron sights (hard to aim as precisely quickly.)

up close there is clearly a disadvantage.
---
Gt: AHaras
#6TheSaintG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 6:21:56 PM
AHaras posted...
its easier to quickscope people long range with a sniper scope, rather than the ksg (impossible), and iron sights (hard to aim as precisely quickly.)

up close there is clearly a disadvantage.

but isnt true quick scopeing done without making the crosshairs come to view? wouldnt it be the same then?
---
#7AHarasPosted 3/29/2013 6:32:30 PM
true quickscoping you have a split second to see if you are on target i think. i think you get used to scoping in perfectly on target too.

i'm not really a quickscoper haha. ive watched some videos on it, and can do it, but never do. playing the objective with an smg is too fun. snipers are just a waste of a teammate. i'm just trying to figure out why the other side would do it. to me this is the only way it makes sense.
---
Gt: AHaras
#8HitokiriFelixPosted 3/29/2013 6:40:17 PM
AHaras posted...
true quickscoping you have a split second to see if you are on target i think. i think you get used to scoping in perfectly on target too.

i'm not really a quickscoper haha. ive watched some videos on it, and can do it, but never do. playing the objective with an smg is too fun. snipers are just a waste of a teammate. i'm just trying to figure out why the other side would do it. to me this is the only way it makes sense.

Most quickscopers would say the quintessential quickscope is when you stop and line up the shot perfectly with your hipfire reticules before ever touching the left trigger. If you adjust your aim looking through the scope even minutely, it's what we coin a 'dragscope.' It's also the only way I ever snipe haha. I've never been a true quickscoper.
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#9Astro_B0mbPosted 3/29/2013 6:56:46 PM
Did this guy just say ballista irons is easier than regular quickscoping?
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#10TheSaintG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:01:51 PM
Astro_B0mb posted...
Did this guy just say ballista irons is easier than regular quickscoping?

i can attest that it is, atleast for myself. the only downside is it takes a pick 10 slot.
the ballista is the quickscope rifle of choice either way and the only downside of iron sighting is that you have a harder time drag scoping
---