Why are SMGs OP again????

#11RS_YELARAKA(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:57:15 AM
Timmotheuss posted...
You do realize when you use an SMG most of the people you run into will also be using one as well? So obviously you're not going to have as high of a KD compared to If you're using an LMG the most effective way.

I don't personally think they are OP, but the maps are designed for their use and for them to do the best.

but as you can see... they dont DO THE BEST.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#12ZosoGoldeneyePosted 3/30/2013 6:03:24 AM
Gun balance, to me, is decent in this game. As they all stand now I don't think any of them could be considered overpowered; frankly, I've yet to figure out why people realistically complain about weapons being OP now, since none give anyone who uses them such a distinct ability to overwhelm opponents. But then again, I'm a COD noob and don't really know what I'm talking about.
---
[RS]ZoSo = Beastblood, screw K/D
YT: youtube.com/user/ZoSoGoldeneye?feature=mhee
#13NeutronRaptorPosted 3/30/2013 6:04:45 AM
Well for one you have over 11k kills with your SMGs and not even 4K with your LMGs which are a defensive weapon anyways. SMGs are going to have lower k/d ratios since you are up close and personal in most gun fights thus giving you far greater chances to die. Shotguns are the same for this reason.

ARs (minus stock)/LMG/Snipers are a defensive style weapon so you will be setting back farther and thus racking up a higher k/d ratio normally at the expense of total kills overall at the end of a match.

SMGs are not that powerful anymore compared to ARs like the AN-94 and FAL (even post patch it is still good just not great)
---
My Crappy Youtube Videos.........
http://www.youtube.com/NeutronRaptor
#14RS_YELARAKA(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:12:26 AM
up close, far away.... as in these maps are BF3 or something??

Bottom line, in the end, in conclusion, fact of the matter, Do you get more kills than you do deaths......
---
#15SevenDayCandlePosted 3/30/2013 6:21:15 AM
NeutronRaptor posted...
Well for one you have over 11k kills with your SMGs and not even 4K with your LMGs which are a defensive weapon anyways. SMGs are going to have lower k/d ratios since you are up close and personal in most gun fights thus giving you far greater chances to die. Shotguns are the same for this reason.

ARs (minus stock)/LMG/Snipers are a defensive style weapon so you will be setting back farther and thus racking up a higher k/d ratio normally at the expense of total kills overall at the end of a match.

SMGs are not that powerful anymore compared to ARs like the AN-94 and FAL (even post patch it is still good just not great)

^ Makes sense and uses logic against the TCs badness attempt.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#16DvoloS88Posted 3/30/2013 6:28:49 AM
Fire rate... Run and gun, spray and pray.
#17RS_YELARAKA(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:32:14 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
NeutronRaptor posted...

^ Makes sense and uses logic against the TCs badness attempt.

You do realize the more time yo spend with a gun the better you get with it... therefore your KDR should go up.... at least thats how it has gone for me.

I understand the up close vs distance that are involved. Most SMG cryahards complain ALL/MOST encounters are close quarter because maps are so small. Therefore your FAR away argument isnt really that valid. I know from experience no mater what weapon you use close quarters is gonna happen frequently.

With SMG you may rack up more kills but you also sacrifice deaths.... so what makes that OP? You are killing and dying at a worse rate than other weapon classes. Is that OP and is that helping your team.
---
#18fatclemenzaPosted 3/30/2013 6:32:21 AM
People still think SMGs are OP? I hope not.
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#19TheSaintGPosted 3/30/2013 6:33:35 AM
NeutronRaptor posted...

this right here. if you use lmgs almost 3 times as much as an smg you will see better results...

if you look at the diamond smg clan users that only use smgs you will see similar trends to. except much higher (padded by dashboarding, but not getting into that) kds
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#20RS_YELARAKA(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:33:40 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
Fire rate... Run and gun, spray and pray.

what does that have to do with overall effectiveness? If you kill and die at a worse rate than other classes??
---