Spotting Crutches

#1I_Got_RhythmPosted 3/31/2013 1:12:06 AM
So I was just in a game of Kill Confirmed on Hijacked, unfortunately leveling my M27, and a guy on the opposing team was running around with an R870. After getting killed by him I immediately thought to myself, "man, it must be nice to just run around with an R870 on this map like that, too bad I'm so bent on golding everything. I bet that guy has triple my score, I know I would". So I went to check his score, of course, and noticed his was less than half mine AND he was performing in the lower tier of his team. I even found myself winning CQ battles against him...

Stuff like that just makes me think about how often I run into players that require crutches to do well at all; I mean, that kid NEEDS that gun for any ounce of hope.

So how about you guys? Any sightings that would make a better man cringe? And yeah, we all know target finder is gonna be a hit, but go for it, I can never read enough target finder hate.
---
GT: Isorhythmic
#2NeutronRaptorPosted 3/31/2013 2:07:43 AM
The funny part is when you run across MMS sights on shotguns. Never understood the fascination with that. You have a shotgun so clearing a corner camper or something while going in a room should be a piece of cake. MMS sight doesn't center very well either on shotguns.
---
My Crappy Youtube Videos.........
http://www.youtube.com/NeutronRaptor
#3Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/31/2013 2:11:14 AM
I say using the M27 is a crutch, as it has little to no recoil... why not use a gun that has higher recoil?
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#4ArcXenosPosted 3/31/2013 2:33:23 AM
NeutronRaptor posted...
The funny part is when you run across MMS sights on shotguns. Never understood the fascination with that. You have a shotgun so clearing a corner camper or something while going in a room should be a piece of cake. MMS sight doesn't center very well either on shotguns.

Now it depends on how good the enemy players are , but I assure you it helps.
---
Nanomachines, SON
#5bigbug1992Posted 3/31/2013 4:55:18 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
I say using the M27 is a crutch, as it has little to no recoil... why not use a gun that has higher recoil?

Because using the AR with the lowest damage is gimping you, regardless of recoil?
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#6Mr_CumberdalePosted 3/31/2013 8:42:34 AM
Yeah, I have a tough time in Hijacked. Half the time I play that map, everyone is running shotguns and hipfiring everywhere. :(
---
GT: Why you quit
#7Lerp85Posted 3/31/2013 8:50:29 AM
Funny how you say you are worried about maxing your weapon, but how do you know he ain't doing the same thing? Why don't people think of that?
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#8fatclemenzaPosted 3/31/2013 9:06:28 AM
The 870 is the 1 k/d player's weapon of choice
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#9SevenDayCandlePosted 3/31/2013 9:09:54 AM
fatclemenza posted...
The 870 is the 1 k/d player's weapon of choice

Sometimes, the KSG just says 'no, you cannot kill this man because I will not allow it' though.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#10LoshadtPosted 3/31/2013 9:15:27 AM
Near launch I didn't really have any problem with the R870, though that's because nobody really used it. But there has been a giant surge in people using things other than SMGs lately, and they all flock to the easiest setups. The R870 still isn't a huge problem, but even one person using it on Hijacked with a functioning nervous system is a nightmare. Because now you have to revolve your playstyle around avoiding 99% of the map or risk getting OSK out of nowhere.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.