Spotting Crutches

#11White_Knight_01Posted 3/31/2013 8:27:51 AM
Loshadt posted...
Near launch I didn't really have any problem with the R870, though that's because nobody really used it. But there has been a giant surge in people using things other than SMGs lately, and they all flock to the easiest setups. The R870 still isn't a huge problem, but even one person using it on Hijacked with a functioning nervous system is a nightmare. Because now you have to revolve your playstyle around avoiding 99% of the map or risk getting OSK out of nowhere.

that 99% is bs. when I use a shotgun I get killed most of the time when moving from one piece of cover to the next. you think your 10 killstreak ended because of a crutch weapon. well you killed the guy 3 times what do you expect, he saw your playstyle and adapted. you should try it sometime.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD
#12LoshadtPosted 3/31/2013 8:33:32 AM(edited)
From: White_Knight_01 | Posted: 3/31/2013 12:27:51 PM | #011
that 99% is bs. when I use a shotgun I get killed most of the time when moving from one piece of cover to the next. you think your 10 killstreak ended because of a crutch weapon. well you killed the guy 3 times what do you expect, he saw your playstyle and adapted. you should try it sometime.

It was a hyperbole, and since we're going to make baseless assumptions I'm going to guess and say that you typed that up without giving it even the slightest thought.

Avoiding parts of the map where a shotgunner would destroy me IS adapting. And I'm going to assume even harder and say that you are desperately trying to justify using the R870 to me (and probably yourself) when I never said that you should feel bad for using it nor did I suggest you are a "noob" for doing so.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#13cifer520Posted 3/31/2013 8:39:41 AM
With all that headglitch glory on hijacked an M27 user should be rutt baping any shotties.
#14fatclemenzaPosted 3/31/2013 8:47:29 AM

I smell a bad player
---
Red wine with fish. Well that should have told me something.
#15Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/31/2013 3:49:38 PM
bigbug1992 posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
I say using the M27 is a crutch, as it has little to no recoil... why not use a gun that has higher recoil?

Because using the AR with the lowest damage is gimping you, regardless of recoil?

Yep, you still have way less recoil than any of the other ARs, hence it is broken and needs nerfing, just like everything else in the game that people whine about.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#16CalvinCandiePosted 3/31/2013 4:24:27 PM
Biggest crutches are those full party domination teams that have to cap flags to get their VSATs. I own the s*** out of them because they suck until the rest of my team does nothing but provide them with easy points and then it gets overwhelming and they start doing good when easy godmode gets enabled. That's the only way they can play well.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#17SkilzMCPosted 3/31/2013 5:01:49 PM
CalvinCandie posted...
Biggest crutches are those full party domination teams that have to cap flags to get their VSATs. I own the s*** out of them because they suck until the rest of my team does nothing but provide them with easy points and then it gets overwhelming and they start doing good when easy godmode gets enabled. That's the only way they can play well.

This.

Vsat makes party play OP.
---
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#18z1hayzePosted 3/31/2013 5:51:35 PM(edited)
Everything is a crutch to someone in this game. I swear this game is populated by a bunch of pre pubescent whiny brats. Hijacked is a CQC map and the remington is a CQC gun. If you come against someone in CQC and they have a remington YOU SHOULD LOSE! If you come across someone with a remington and you are at range you will win 100% of the time. It only has 2 purposes. To own at CQC and to make kids cry and make topics on blogfaqs... I mean gamqfaqs.
---
XBL & PSN GT- xxpurplehayzexx
#19BeastlyIguanaPosted 3/31/2013 6:39:40 PM
z1hayze posted...
Everything is a crutch to someone in this game. I swear this game is populated by a bunch of pre pubescent whiny brats. Hijacked is a CQC map and the remington is a CQC gun. If you come against someone in CQC and they have a remington YOU SHOULD LOSE! If you come across someone with a remington and you are at range you will win 100% of the time. It only has 2 purposes. To own at CQC and to make kids cry and make topics on blogfaqs... I mean gamqfaqs.

Where exactly is this "range" you speak of? I can't find any.
---
Voth tu ahrk spaan.
#20z1hayzePosted 3/31/2013 6:49:16 PM
Your problem.
---
XBL & PSN GT- xxpurplehayzexx