LMFAO WOW I got kicked from a Hardcore S&D game because...

#71BushidoFlowPosted 4/1/2013 9:18:03 AM
I'm mostly a Hardcore player, but I will play Core games too. The only frustrating thing about Core that keeps me mostly in Hardcore is lag comp. It's still bad in HC, but I get so frustrated shooting an enemy and getting 4-5 hitmarkers, they seem to hit me with 2 and I die. After that, the kill cam shows them hosing me down while I'm still lifting my gun and not getting a shot off.
#72crazyeightz1Posted 4/1/2013 3:52:37 PM
This argument is going nowhere. Theyre totally different modes of play. Because of the no radar and limited health in HC, less of an emphasis is actually put on the gun and the actual gunfight itself. Perks and map "awareness" are more important to figure out whereas in core the attachments you put on the gun correlates to how to play when an actual gunfight is going on. Because core have an ongoing radar, your environment and map placement is less of a concern and your main "objective" is to basically focus and win your 1 on 1 gunfights. HC allows less of an emphasis on the actual gunfight itself but the battle beforehand to determine who gets the actual jump on their opponent first is the key.

people who hate HC say that its easier because the gunfights are so short well thats because the gunfight IS quicker but where you do good or bad is based on how well you know where your enemies are going to be and your twitch reflexes. Core is more well rounded because the guns and their balancing do matter in this mode so you cant expect to be longshotting a sniper from across the map with a pistol and expect to win. Core will always have more of that " realism" element to it and will have more support. I prefer to play HC because I like the twitch 1shot excitement of gunfights and its easier to get challenges for the weapons too.
#73BrostachePosted 4/1/2013 9:33:01 PM
as someone that plays HC KC/TDM almost exclusively, i can say core definitely requires more skill.

I mostly play HC because thats what people on my friends list always play, but when we accidentally invite a few too many in the party the team will jump to ground war... and they go from eating noobs to getting pooped on.

The vast majority of HC players are there because they cant keep their gun on target, thats just the truth. The final killcams are more often than not people sweeping back and forth over the target wildly spraying their gun. Kill times are insanely quick in both game modes, the main difference is HC is alot more forgiving for players with bad aim.

Assuming you are in a party putting up UAVs and doing callouts, the lack of a radar doesnt make much of a difference, it really only effects the randoms on the other team which puts the players already at a disadvantage at even more of one, making the mode even easier.

Sorry fellow HC players, but it is an overall easier game mode.
#74SevenDayCandlePosted 4/1/2013 9:35:14 PM
Brostache posted...
as someone that plays HC KC/TDM almost exclusively, i can say core definitely requires more skill.

I mostly play HC because thats what people on my friends list always play, but when we accidentally invite a few too many in the party the team will jump to ground war... and they go from eating noobs to getting pooped on.

The vast majority of HC players are there because they cant keep their gun on target, thats just the truth. The final killcams are more often than not people sweeping back and forth over the target wildly spraying their gun. Kill times are insanely quick in both game modes, the main difference is HC is alot more forgiving for players with bad aim.

Assuming you are in a party putting up UAVs and doing callouts, the lack of a radar doesnt make much of a difference, it really only effects the randoms on the other team which puts the players already at a disadvantage at even more of one, making the mode even easier.

Sorry fellow HC players, but it is an overall easier game mode.

I pulled off a pretty sick 5 man spray on Hijacked today... Too bad 2 of them were my teammates and I got kicked lol. Just put on an LMG with FMJ and sprayed the F*** out of the one house while slowly turning. Didn't even see anyone, just wallbanged everything for the hell of it.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#75dr_zombergPosted 4/1/2013 9:37:43 PM
if there is one thing i lke about hardcore, is that i can use weapons i would not use in core for the "kill x amount" challenges.
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
if my views are different than yours, heres my response: bite me
#76BrostachePosted 4/1/2013 9:44:35 PM
BushidoFlow posted...
I'm mostly a Hardcore player, but I will play Core games too. The only frustrating thing about Core that keeps me mostly in Hardcore is lag comp. It's still bad in HC, but I get so frustrated shooting an enemy and getting 4-5 hitmarkers, they seem to hit me with 2 and I die. After that, the kill cam shows them hosing me down while I'm still lifting my gun and not getting a shot off.

lag is worse in HC,

If its a 1 second gun fight vs a 2 second gun fight... having 100ms of lag is twice as detrimental in the 1 second gunfight.

The only reason you dont notice the lag as much is because there arent killcams showing it to you.

But simply due to the nature of HC, connection issues will always be a much larger factor than in core.
#77Mumble_Posted 4/1/2013 9:47:11 PM
Hardcore:
-get 4-5 hitmarkers
-die in 1 shot
-killed by teammates

Core:
-get 4-5 hitmarkers
-die in 1 shot
-teammates get you killed

I think the gamemodes are pretty even.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dpmm0MP.jpg
#78SevenDayCandlePosted 4/1/2013 9:51:03 PM
2 days ago, on Hijacked. I started off pretty bad.

I was a total of 3 kills and 14 deaths. 4 deaths from enemies, 10 deaths from teammates (2 got kicked, 2 more joined, they still killed me). I wasn't running in front of them as they were shooting, I was just rushing and coming around corners. They were just crouched down shooting any damn thing that walked by.

I got kicked shortly after because I brought a C4 into a room 3 of them were camping in...
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI