Any SnD tips for someone who's played very little SnD before?

#1Gallis_OTKPosted 4/1/2013 5:16:44 AM
I wanted to unlock the emblem pieces associated with the mode, but seeing as though I've played Search and Destroy a grand total of zero times in Black Ops 2, I'm here to ask some advice:

1) What strategies or tactics are usually used by the 'average' SnD player?
2) Should I play more cautiously in SnD compared to other modes like TDM?
3) When on offense, is it a better strategy to try and plant the bomb or just find and try to kill the enemies?
4) Are there any perks/equipment that are really helpful or almost required for good SnD play?
5) What weapons are the best to use when trying to do well in SnD?
6) What weapons are the best to use when trolling just to get a reaction?

Thanks in advance, and have a good day.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3a9zc.gif
#2riceboyee12Posted 4/1/2013 5:20:07 AM
Gallis_OTK posted...
I wanted to unlock the emblem pieces associated with the mode, but seeing as though I've played Search and Destroy a grand total of zero times in Black Ops 2, I'm here to ask some advice:

3) When on offense, is it a better strategy to try and plant the bomb or just find and try to kill the enemies?
4) Are there any perks/equipment that are really helpful or almost required for good SnD play?

1) Rushing
2)Yes
3)Defend it until teammates come, then plant
4)Claymores, Bouncing Bettys, Flashbang, EMP are all ok
5)SMG or LMG
6)Knife

Hardpoint is better
---
The Asian Invasion. It's coming.
PSN: riceboyee12
#3bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/1/2013 6:02:10 AM
Mute everyone in the game so you can concentrate. Unless you like listening to a whole bunch of little kids screaming.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#4TheRedKirbyPosted 4/1/2013 6:16:51 AM
Camping is practically the goal of the game. Also expect to be EMP grenaded from across the map a lot.
---
Super Delicious Ultra Great Atomic Mega Hyper Maximillian Posting Power! Are the GameFAQ boards doomed to be plagued by idiots?
#5billnye69Posted 4/1/2013 6:28:06 AM
I've only played one game of S&D Blops 2 and I was the last man standing and killed the 4 guys left on the enemy team.

Just do what I did.
---
The worst mistake a game developer can make is listening to the community. Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are the ending result.....enough said.
#6Black_Ops___Posted 4/1/2013 6:31:55 AM
yeah, camp with the R870
#7Purely_LuckPosted 4/1/2013 6:37:11 AM
Take the bomb, equip the AN-94 with Stock, Red Dot and Quickdraw, or M8A1 with these attachments, or the FAL.
Use Lightweight, Toughness, and Dead silence
Use a Single Kap 40 or B23 for your secondary, and run 1 concussion. If your on defense, you don't have to kill them, just scare them away from the bomb to win, if you get a bomb planted and its a 1v1, don't try to kill them, shoot, and run. Check the bomb every increment you see fit, make sure he can't ninja. Play Slow and safe in pub, but rushing works too.
---
LoL IGN:Paradox, Gamertag-Nuhlified-Best Search and Destory player on the Blops 2 boards. MW2>Blops2>Cod4
#8Teh_5_StarzPosted 4/1/2013 7:20:01 AM
Gallis_OTK posted...

1) rushing, but i stongly advise against it unless its like round 3 and you know there not going a certain way
2) Hell yes
3) Bomb planting is important. If time runs out, defense wins automatically
4)Ghost. In any other game, i would say Dead Silence, and i would say awareness, but they seem useless in Blops 2 imo. If anything, use awareness.
5) something silenced
6) crossbow, Riot shield, Ballistic knifes, Combat axe and RCXD
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#9Astro_B0mbPosted 4/1/2013 7:20:37 AM
Lightweight
toughness
DS/ExCon/Awareness
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#10destructoclausPosted 4/1/2013 7:28:36 AM
Gallis_OTK posted...

1. Feel your opponents out a bit. Try to develop some opening strategies on every map. You kind of have to learn this as you go. You'll start to learn popular spots and enemy moves and whatnot. Play it slow and DO NOT sprint around corners. Ever.
2. Yeah, be cautious as hell. stay alert.
3. Feel the area out, asses your situation and then make a decision. If it's 3v1 in your favor and you're near it, you probably want to get your teammates near the site and then plant it.
4. Awareness, toughness, dead silence, lightweight, engineer and extreme conditioning are the perks you'll see. Only use awareness if you have a headset. For perk 3, engineer or dexterity are your best options if that's the case.
5. The good ones. Remember, you're winning individual gunfights here. MSMC is the king SMG. AN-94, FAL, and the M8A1 are the king ARs. Snipers are also extremely common in SnD. Perhaps make a class that has overkill with a sniper/MSMC. That's what I did, and it's awesome.
6. Shield, launchers, LMG spam, akimbo weapons.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634