Do you think there should be a perk that counters VSAT?

#21dario1101Posted 4/1/2013 8:23:17 AM
Cysi posted...
TheRedKirby posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
No, the VSAT shouldn't exist at all. It is absolutely100% broken playing with a full party all using VSAT.

It lasts as long as a UAV. And what the hell are the odds of a full party having VSATs?

If it's a full party pubstomping, very high.

My friend friends do that, and I usually just chuck EMP grenades at them when i'm on the other team. >_>
Oh wow, using Hardwired with VSAT disables Counter-Uavs and EMP? Wow! Thats a good combo!
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-181! :D Started Jan 18. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#22SevenDayCandlePosted 4/1/2013 8:32:10 AM
dario1101 posted...
Cysi posted...
TheRedKirby posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
No, the VSAT shouldn't exist at all. It is absolutely100% broken playing with a full party all using VSAT.

It lasts as long as a UAV. And what the hell are the odds of a full party having VSATs?

My friend friends do that, and I usually just chuck EMP grenades at them when i'm on the other team. >_>
Oh wow, using Hardwired with VSAT disables Counter-Uavs and EMP? Wow! Thats a good combo!

So yea, VSAT has no real counters... Yet almost everything else (except Guardians and Sentries, but those are easily EMP'd from across the map) have a counter.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#23roach06Posted 4/1/2013 8:34:24 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
dario1101 posted...
Cysi posted...
TheRedKirby posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...

So yea, VSAT has no real counters... Yet almost everything else (except Guardians and Sentries, but those are easily EMP'd from across the map) have a counter.

dogs
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#24SquireRamzaPosted 4/1/2013 8:40:09 AM
The existence of Hard Wired does not mean that the VSAT has no counters. It means that the counters to VSAT themselves have counters. This is a substantial difference. Considering I need to forego either Toughness or Scavenger to run Hard Wired (or, worse, use Greed, requiring foregoing two slots) I think it's fair to say that the cost of making my VSAT "uncounterable" is fairly steep, to the point that it is at best a fair trade.

Additionally, the entire team would need to be running Hard Wired to make a Counter-UAV or EMP "useless." Don't know how often that happens, but I'd be happy to run into a full team using neither Toughness or Scavenger just to squeeze a little more value out of a scorestreak that already requires 1200 points.
---
"But we, who name ourselves its sovereigns--we,
Half dust, half deity, alike unfit to sink or to soar."
#25MleviePosted 4/1/2013 8:43:10 AM
How about they bring back decoy grenades. That way the VSAT will still work as intended and the other team will have a small chance to distract them, Maybe even let the decoys work against the hunter killer if thrown close enough to it.
#26SevenDayCandlePosted 4/1/2013 8:44:28 AM
Last I recall, you can EMP grenade dogs... lol. Then pick them off for 50 points each.
---
#27TheRedKirbyPosted 4/1/2013 9:10:07 AM
Lmao decoy grenades were fun as s*** to use. I'm disappointed that Treyarch didn't bring those back.
---
Super Delicious Ultra Great Atomic Mega Hyper Maximillian Posting Power! Are the GameFAQ boards doomed to be plagued by idiots?
#28slaveanselmoPosted 4/1/2013 9:24:46 AM
Bullets counter Dogs.
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
Someone here REAAAAAALLY loves their job. Phenomenal Cosmic Power!!!
#29IlluminoiusPosted 4/1/2013 10:48:41 AM
dogs
#30SevenDayCandlePosted 4/1/2013 10:51:20 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
Last I recall, you can EMP grenade dogs... lol. Then pick them off for 50 points each.

---