Why does everyone love MW2 now even though they hated it back in 2009-10?

#31bbert901Posted 4/2/2013 7:54:48 PM
By far the most played cod for me, i have 33 days played, i think next highest is blops2 with 14 and mw3 with 10, i played 30 days of mw2 when it was "in season", mw2 has a special place in my heart other cod multiplayers cant hold a candle to, that and world at war because of zombies
#32WOT BSPosted 4/2/2013 7:56:59 PM(edited)
phillyeagles123 posted...
Killerinstinx posted...
Ive always hated it

This. MW2 is the most overrated of all the CODs.

whaaaaaat. some of the guns / firefights are maddeningly sick. im not even going to go on about the badassery of the ac-130 or the flattening entire teams with the stealth bomber... so good
---
GT: Extract Hz
#33NriepwPosted 4/2/2013 8:00:05 PM
phillyeagles123 posted...
Killerinstinx posted...
Ive always hated it

This. MW2 is the most overrated of all the CODs.

That title goes to CoD 4.
#34ChaosLives68Posted 4/2/2013 8:08:15 PM
Simply put, there are a very vocal but relatively uncommon group of people who play games who love nothing more then hating on whatever game is most popular. Mostly they do it for attention, but there is also a feeling of supremacy over people who do play whatever game is subject of their ire.
#35KotomineKireiPosted 4/2/2013 8:26:42 PM(edited)
DrBaus posted...
Why does everyone love MW2 now even though they hated it back in 2009-10?

They don't.
There is the people, who thought they were MLG pros and loved MW2.
Then, there is the people, who hated the game for the broken piece of fish code that it was.

ChaosLives68 posted...
Simply put, there are a very vocal but relatively uncommon group of people who play games who love nothing more then hating on whatever game is most popular. Mostly they do it for attention, but there is also a feeling of supremacy over people who do play whatever game is subject of their ire.

There are people who go with the crowd, but the crowd must be formed before they join.
Meaning, there are people who actually have reason for hating this game, before the people you talk about jumped in.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#36SlymandroPosted 4/2/2013 8:27:03 PM
I'm one of those guys that ran around with ninja + commando.

I'm one of those guys that blasted people with noobtube + rockets + scavenger.

It's the only game I've received death threats for playing.

And I ******* loved every minute of it. Haters gonna hate.
---
"I'm not a monkey, but I shot the messenger."
#37nightpol74Posted 4/2/2013 8:55:14 PM
I've played more MW2 than the last 3 combined, and I haven't even played it in about 18 months. My mates and I were completely addicted to it - as bbert says above none of the other ones have even came close.

I loved the fact you could pick almost any weapon and do well with it - made some great classes using all of the weapons at some point. Maybe it was because stopping power was in it, I don't know- but I definitely experimented a lot more with guns, attachments and perks than I do now.

Throw in some great killstreaks, as well as some of my favourite maps in cod history (scrapyard, terminal, afghan, favela, skidrow, sub-base, high rise, quarry- the only ones I didn't like were derail, fuel and rundown) and it's easy for me to say this is the best one. In fact, I'm gonna dig it out of the pile and see if I can get a game now...
#38arena11Posted 4/2/2013 8:57:05 PM
JVel91 posted...
MW2 is the best.

Anyone who doesnt think so is a nerd.

This. #MW2 #Master #Race
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#39MC_Brian1Posted 4/2/2013 9:10:24 PM
MW2... I remember when they first released MW2... Sweet, sweet MW2... and I always hated it!
---
Will Nuketown be like the McRib? - PatrickEwing
I hope not. I hate explosive diarrhea. - BadDecisions
#40DemotivatingPosted 4/2/2013 9:13:26 PM
If you're going to call anyone a clown, at least use the right phrase.

It's "stealth clown" by the way.