So I just gave a serious go at shotguns for the 1st time today....

#11DtheBruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 1:36:55 PM
roach06 posted...
why are you using a crossbow?

Try the laser as well as long-barrel

use dexterity

something like this?

R870
longbarrel+laser

lightweight
scavenger
quick hands
dexterity

semtex
concussion

and I use a crossbow for those times when i know i am going to be out of range and for snipers and such. id love to hear a better way to handle that (seriously, no sarcasm intended)
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow
#12AlexanaxelaPosted 4/3/2013 1:44:26 PM
and I use a crossbow for those times when i know i am going to be out of range and for snipers and such. id love to hear a better way to handle that (seriously, no sarcasm intended)

run away or ignore them and then get closer
---
Dollar Palace
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ovhargro/sophistication-fail2.jpg
#13EvelSaiyanPosted 4/3/2013 3:11:18 PM
Don't bother with trying to combat the snipers. Just try to stay out of their line of fire. Your bread and butter is going to be flanking and firing off a few shots to clear out one or two guys from a space.

You can try to sprint around to wherever the snipers are and blast them, that's probably the best way to do it. Remember that some maps are just awful for shotguns. Turbine comes to mind.
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#14roach06Posted 4/3/2013 4:11:47 PM
DtheBruiser posted...
roach06 posted...
why are you using a crossbow?

Try the laser as well as long-barrel

use dexterity

something like this?

R870
longbarrel+laser

lightweight
scavenger
quick hands
dexterity

semtex
concussion

Thats the problem with shottguns...no range. Crossbow sucks though, try the TAC-45 or Five-seven for those long-range battles if you have to...or just try and flank...stick to the buildings if need be

Do NOT use scavenger if you are having trouble staying alive...switch it for cold-blooded or something else.

Honestly I would drop quick-hands/scavenger/semtex/concussion for Flak jacket and Tac mask. Awesome lifesavers in objective modes

Play hardpoint...great for shotguns because the objective is always in a CQC area.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#15SinCityKidPosted 4/4/2013 1:42:56 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
m1216
long barrel
laser sight

flakjacket
scavenger
dexterity + tactical mask

emp grenade
c4

ur welcome

This, except use the R870. And have a clone setup with Ghost/Engineer instead of FJ/TM for lobbies that dont effectively use nades and stuns.
#16ingo4Posted 4/4/2013 4:05:55 AM
crossbow is fun when they're being generous with the stickies.
---
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#17Frumpy88Posted 4/4/2013 4:15:16 AM
Crossbow is good for window campers on hardcore. Core probably doesn't kill them in one shot unless u stick them
---
B BAKD
#18roach06Posted 4/4/2013 4:17:06 AM
Frumpy88 posted...
Crossbow is good for window campers on hardcore. Core probably doesn't kill them in one shot unless u stick them

Wouldnt it be easier/faster to just shoot them with a pistol or long range weapon you picked up?
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#19DtheBruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 11:44:19 AM
Thanks for everything everyone posted! I have alot to work with here :-)

After trying some of these suggestions out....I still suck with shotguns but at least now I suck less! lol
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow
#20shadowsofdawnPosted 4/4/2013 11:48:04 AM
Best shotgun class from my experience is:

870 - long barrel + laser

Ghost + lightweight
Scavenger
Your choice

C4
EMP

You don't want to be glowing on the radar while using a gun that can't shoot past close range. Lightweight makes you ridiculous with the Remington. Chuck EMPs and C4 like candy. I prefer engineer, but others like dex or excon.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||