What determines a good CoD player?

#21stixzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:27:17 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
Connection isn't nearly as important as people seem to think. Unless you're consistently on a 1-2 bar it shouldn't make that big of a difference.

3 bar is pretty unbearable
---
Partnered by Machinima 01/13
www.youtube.com/AWiLdKe7chum
#22fatclemenzaPosted 4/4/2013 6:31:05 PM
3 bar is pretty unbearable

The bars don't mean anything in this game. I'm almost always on a 4 bar and it sure as hell doesn't always feel like a 4 bar.
---
He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot, an assassin that's second to none, the man with the golden gun
#23Andrew_RyannPosted 4/4/2013 6:51:46 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
Connection isn't nearly as important as people seem to think. Unless you're consistently on a 1-2 bar it shouldn't make that big of a difference.

Its very important, much more than you seem to understand. The better you are, the less you notice it because the majority of people that play this game have insanely terrible reaction time and slow aim speed, so you **** on them regardless of their advantage. Get someone who has a similar (doesn't even have to be that close) reaction and aim speed as you and watch as every fight is seemingly whose first around the corner.
#24ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 4/4/2013 7:08:48 PM
You can determine a good COD player by his map strategies, ability to predict his opponent, and power to manage recoil. Unfortunately, this is only possible to evaluate in WaW, and to a lesser extent BO1 and COD4.
#25Andrew_RyannPosted 4/4/2013 7:11:16 PM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
You can determine a good COD player by his map strategies, ability to predict his opponent, and power to manage recoil. Unfortunately, this is only possible to evaluate in WaW, and to a lesser extent BO1 and COD4.

Mah boi, W@W is the CoD that all true devs strive for
#26SevenDayCandlePosted 4/4/2013 7:11:25 PM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

Its very important, much more than you seem to understand. The better you are, the less you notice it because the majority of people that play this game have insanely terrible reaction time and slow aim speed, so you **** on them regardless of their advantage. Get someone who has a similar (doesn't even have to be that close) reaction and aim speed as you and watch as every fight is seemingly whose first around the corner.

I consider myself an above average player.

Yet I can run Quickdraw and Dexterity on an SMG, hipfire and then ADS as I see the guy first, and get beat by someone who's at full sprint with an LMG without Quickdraw or Dexterity and they ADS before they shoot me.

That's a serious problem involving the connection.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#27SevenDayCandlePosted 4/4/2013 7:20:58 PM
The connection was on my side earlier today, had numerous good games.

Tried to play again now, and am just getting destroyed by anything and everything, unless I'm shooting them in the back or they're just terribad at the game.

I checked the lobby leaderboard for Domination before the game started.

My stats, 451 SPM, 28k kills, 18k deaths. It's better than average, I forget what caps and defends are but probably 5500 caps and 6500 defends.

Enemies were all under 290 SPM, and all were below 1 with their KDs. Say like 1k kills, 1.5k deaths and 5k kills, 7k deaths.

Game starts, I'm just getting destroyed left and right and can't compete with any of them.

I left when I was 5-11. All 4 kills came from C4, 1 came from shooting a guy in the back. Any 1v1 gunfight I lost. I even was headglitching while ADS'ing and was getting blasted by people with 0 cover as I shot them right in the chest as they were sprinting without dexterity or quickdraw.

Had about 5-6 games in a row just like that where my only kills were explosive kills or shooting people in the back.

It felt like the days where I played Counter Strike and had bad 768k DSL while others had Cable internet or faster.

So, was it my lack of skill (everyone who's 'cool' will say that) or was it just my connection to the game saying 'nope, try again later'?
---
#28FeelMyBladePosted 4/4/2013 7:35:59 PM
The people who do well and don't complain are the ones doing something right.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best CoD yet! Love it!
#29SevenDayCandlePosted 4/4/2013 7:39:22 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...

The people who do well and don't complain are either oblivious or not effected by the problems that plague others.

Just because you haven't seen the Northern Lights doesn't mean they don't exist.
---
#30FeelMyBladePosted 4/4/2013 7:42:53 PM
SevenDayCandle posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...

The people who do well and don't complain are either oblivious or not effected by the problems that plague others.

Just because you haven't seen the Northern Lights doesn't mean they don't exist.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

Most of the decent players I have ran into don't complains. They were also good sport too.

You will never hear nV scream into their mics "OMG!? <blank> is overpowered!"
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best CoD yet! Love it!