What determines a good CoD player?

#51SevenDayCandlePosted 4/5/2013 11:55:13 AM
Mr_Cumberdale posted...
I'll just go by SPM / KDR

TDM: 400 SPM / 2.5+ KD
DOM / KC: 600 SPM / 2.0 KD (KD doesn't matter much in Obj, but it's nice to strategically play the objective)

If you have these stats, you are actively seeking the objective.

SPM in Domination is very odd if you ask me.

If you're running the higher streaks, your SPM isn't as high as it would be normally, but your KD is much better.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#52roach06Posted 4/5/2013 12:07:49 PM
Mr_Cumberdale posted...
I'll just go by SPM / KDR

TDM: 400 SPM / 2.5+ KD
DOM / KC: 600 SPM / 2.0 KD (KD doesn't matter much in Obj, but it's nice to strategically play the objective)

If you have these stats, you are actively seeking the objective.

This

I am gonna say your TDM SPM might be asking a bit too much if you have never reset your stats and play hardcore.

Hardpoint - 700SPM+ is good
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#53arghhhhPosted 4/6/2013 4:15:28 AM
People seriously think connection doesn't play a major role in online gaming...******* Hell lol.
Plus you have to remember there are a lot of very bad players who can make others look better than they are, just look at the 'just went '85-2' videos people post...the 'good' player is usually against awful opposition and has a near perfect in game connection with everything running smooth and taking lots of damage etc (I've never taken damage in this game when I've played it, I die instantly).

Show me some gameplay of a player with a ****** in game connection getting a similar score against decent opposition while getting constant hitmarkers, 'insta' dying etc.

I'm not saying there aren't decent players around, what I am saying is these players aren't as good as they think they are due to them having very good in game connections and usually play in a party 'pubstomping' bad opposition.
---
Con=2, Skill=0, Bad=1
#54BBA322Posted 4/6/2013 4:29:43 AM(edited)
I'll keep it simple.

-Awareness both for knowing the things going on around themselves and for the state of the game they're currently in.
-Reaction time.
-Situation Preparedness.
-Accuracy.
-Weapon Knowledge and/or experience. This includes loadout effectiveness.
-Ability to play the role of an aggressor (slayer/objective player) or passive defender, especially pertaining to objective modes.
-Fight or flee notion.

Online: Must have host pro. Not always necessary, but it's a nice thing to get.
---
Uploading gaming videos as a hobby, enjoy at your leisure~
http://www.youtube.com/user/BamboozledByAnime
#55INewIRavePosted 4/6/2013 5:24:07 AM
In ye olde games it was how long you played and intelligence...Some people relied on reactions but unless they played a lot that wouldnt make them a great player, needed to know maps, guns, killstreaks, hotspots etc. More difficult now in these games (MW2-BO2) because there are too many variables...so i would say luck and playing like an *******.
#56FirebyrdXXPosted 4/6/2013 7:36:28 AM
Its a stat that isn't listed in the game, which is the kd to spm ratio.

If your kd ja high but spm low, then you are a risk mitigated. You stick to a very particular part of the map. You use defensive explosives. You use stealth and pop people from corners. Sure, you kill well, but you're not winning games for your team, particularly obejective games. You aren't necessarily a skilled player, just cautious.

Low kd but high spm. You are the aggresive and wreck less objective player. You throw caution to the win. You dolphin dive on every flag and sprint for every tag. You get a ton of points, and may help your team win a few games, but you could also be feeding them streaks, as suggested by your kd.

Average kd and spm. You are the team player, but not overly dependable. You can get UAVs for your team, but rarely get above a care package. You can stop.p the noobs but get wrecked by the pros. Your performance relies on your team more than anything.

Low kd and spm? No words necessary.

High kd and spm? This is someone with supreme situational awareness, and the reflex and skills to keep deaths to a minimum. They will flank, clear rooms, cap the objective and duck back out while getting a streak or two to cause havoc. Then, knowing where the enemy will spawn, will get to the best spot to catch them off guard. These players know where you will be coming and stay in the most advantageous position to be ready for you. Their ability to stay alive nets them high streaks, thus making it easier to get more points and objectives over all. These, are skilled COD players.
#57bigbug1992Posted 4/6/2013 11:04:45 AM(edited)
stixzilla posted...
QualiT posted...
Having a Rainbow Dash emblem.

but Pinkie is best pony...

That's a funny way to spell Princess Luna...
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48