Can't wait to get my razer sabertooth controller for COD

#1ZeroShot101Posted 4/4/2013 6:17:36 PM
unfortunately they are on back order so that makes me sad...
#2JacobD99Posted 4/4/2013 6:18:55 PM
If you're going to spend money on a controller, you mid as well just get a scuf.
#3fatclemenzaPosted 4/4/2013 6:28:03 PM
Razer controllers are terrible. The sticks on mine got extreme drift within two months and the B button stopped working. The extra buttons weren't great either since they are between RT and RB or LT and LB. Better off with a Scuf.
---
He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot, an assassin that's second to none, the man with the golden gun
#4supercoolisaacPosted 4/4/2013 6:51:11 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Razer controllers are terrible. The sticks on mine got extreme drift within two months and the B button stopped working. The extra buttons weren't great either since they are between RT and RB or LT and LB. Better off with a Scuf.

My scuf has pretty horrible drift on the right stick, the rubber(?) on the left stick fell off, my 2 paddles snapped off. I'm hoping I just had horrible luck...I'd like to get a new one because it was fantastic when it was new and everything worked lol.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#5JacobD99Posted 4/4/2013 6:53:35 PM
My scuf has pretty horrible drift on the right stick, the rubber(?) on the left stick fell off, my 2 paddles snapped off. I'm hoping I just had horrible luck...I'd like to get a new one because it was fantastic when it was new and everything worked lol.

How the hell did you snap the paddles off? Their hard plastic stuck on the back! You'd literally have to stick your finger underneath it and pull up. You must have just gotten really bad luck. I've had mine for over a year and it still works perfectly.
#6fatclemenzaPosted 4/4/2013 6:55:07 PM

How long did you have it? I know scufs can go for $100+ depending on the customizations but my Razer only cost $50. My regular wired controllers cost $40 so I figured why not. Guess you get what you pay for
---
He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot, an assassin that's second to none, the man with the golden gun
#7supercoolisaacPosted 4/4/2013 6:55:27 PM
JacobD99 posted...

How the hell did you snap the paddles off? Their hard plastic stuck on the back! You'd literally have to stick your finger underneath it and pull up. You must have just gotten really bad luck. I've had mine for over a year and it still works perfectly.

I have no clue haha. Only have had mine for a few months, maybe 4? They've been off for like 2 months. Kinda sucks.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#8BansheeNTDmodePosted 4/4/2013 7:31:01 PM
I have vanilla console controllers and they work better than 3rd party controllers once they been used a bit. But id buy a new pair every 12 months and sell the really worn out ones when the analog sticks start to move on their own when they get stuck.
#9zxrax_alt_1Posted 4/4/2013 7:42:23 PM
Yeah Joel you probably snapped that s*** off in a drunken rage one night, cause I've had my SCUF well over a year and it's still in perfect working order.

You can't talk about the Onza like it's the Sabertooth, they're different products. Yes, Razer's quality control should be questioned, but the Onza was their first foray into console controllers. You can't expect it to be perfect the first go. Perhaps the Sabertooth is a more lasting product.
---
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.875GHz | 2x HD7970 | 16GB 2000MHz | Rampage IV Formula | 250GB 840 SSD +2TB | Custom Watercooling | 1440p IPS
#10ZeroShot101(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:43:13 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
JacobD99 posted...

I have no clue haha. Only have had mine for a few months, maybe 4? They've been off for like 2 months. Kinda sucks.

100$ for a controller you should at least have a warrenty on them for a replacement