Why do garbage connections always win over good ones?

#1BansheeNTDmodePosted 4/4/2013 7:28:21 PM
And don't say lag compensation doesn't exist because it does. And maybe your saying it because your on the bad connection side
#2SevenDayCandlePosted 4/4/2013 7:33:44 PM
Earlier today I was just stomping people left and right.

Went on a while ago and couldn't kill anyone with my gun who was facing me. I shot a few people in the back and blew others up with C4.

I could headglitch behind something while ADS'ing and fire first at a guy who's full sprint with an LMG without quickdraw or dexterity and still die to them as they ADS to kill me in 20 bullets.

There's something that's happening here....
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#3JonnywestsidePosted 4/4/2013 7:37:07 PM
Connection issues do exist but rarely do players on the bad side of connection get the advantage.
---
"U MAD?", "Get good" & "Use x perk" are legitimate responses to everything.
#4nath999Posted 4/4/2013 7:44:37 PM
It's possible you're just bad.
---
PSN / GT: Deathstroke XII
SSBB:2578-2790-7862
#5SevenDayCandlePosted 4/4/2013 7:51:30 PM
Jonnywestside posted...
Connection issues do exist but rarely do players on the bad side of connection get the advantage.

I've got a 75/35 connection, ping under 80 to a server 2550 miles away in California.

I get on the 'unstoppable' side of the games connection where I can just tear through groups like it's nothing just as much as I get on the 'youseriousbro?' side of the games connection where I can't kill anyone. I can't tell you when it occurs by any 'facts' other than it just happens.

I get on the 'even playing field' connection about 33% of the time I'd say. However, if I'm host and someones connection keeps fluctuating, I'm just flat out screwed since my game lags/freezes for a second each and every time their 'bars' changed.

I also have the hardest damn time killing people on a 3bar connection (whether or not I'm host) if I'm using a KSG or other OSK weapon like a Sniper, Tomahawk, Ballistic Knife, etc. For some reason they aren't where their player model is on my screen unless they're running directly towards or away from me.

If someone in the lobby is on a 1bar connection, each and every time I die it takes me numerous seconds to respawn as I mash the button. It takes so long sometimes my screen is completely frozen on my character dying, I never see the killcam, spawn and die yet again.

If there's quite a few people in the lobby on 3bar connections for some odd ass reason everything that goes on with me feels like I'm the one who is on a 3bar connection and everything happening on my screen is .5 seconds or worse behind what the game says is going on. People will come around a corner and shoot me, yet on my screen the guy didn't appear.

These are facts from my experiences playing. I can't tell you why it happens, I can tell you the circumstances it happens under and what happens with my 'gaming experience'.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#6Mr_CumberdalePosted 4/4/2013 8:32:18 PM
When I come home from work my ping is usually higher and I don't do as well. When it's later at night my connection usually goes upper 3 / 4 bars. I guess the bars usually work for me. When I'm on 2-bars, there's a huge latency and 1-bar is constant skipping.
---
GT: Why you quit
#7tadmfpolePosted 4/5/2013 2:30:39 AM
This game is hard to figure. I am on 4 bars 95% of the time but I can tell zero difference when I am on 3 bars, seems to have no bearing at all on me. I played a match earlier tonight against a guy on 3 bars who just raped everyone all match. I could not kill the guy no matter what I did, and he would insta kill me every time I encountered him. Apparently no one else could touch him either.

I checked his gamercard after the match, dude was from Mexico. I am in Missouri. How the **** did I even get put in a match with someone that far away?
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#8Manor_47Posted 4/5/2013 3:09:21 AM
I've never understood the lag in CoD, don't have any major issues in any other games. I know that if I play between 1800-2100 I get stomped but then from 2100 onwards I do a lot better. It could be that I'm playing against a better group who's bed time is at 2100 but if I watch the replays I often don't fire a round before being gunned down, since my reactions are the same and my weapons are the same I'm assuming its lag.
Next are these teleporting players that don't walk, they teleport 6', I still have no idea how to bring them down since I can't actually hit them. Their latency is usually low but they obviously see no lag as they always seem to do well and gun me down with ease, I've always assumed this is "lag compensation" but if anyone has a better explanation I'm all ears!
The problem is that it only takes 1-4 hits to kill so even a few tenths of a second lag make a massive difference.
#9Telvanni_guardPosted 4/5/2013 3:10:42 AM
Because the game only pairs you with a good host to your connection when you do your first initial search.

After that, the games chooses the host with the best connection to the majority of players when the game starts.

This is why you have a good couple of games and then you feel like the lag is just overbearing you.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#10Aether_LyricPosted 4/5/2013 3:13:54 AM
A 3 bar in this game is unplayable... bad connections do not have any advantage