"COD takes no skill" said by (randomFPS) fanboy

#1flamepeltPosted 4/4/2013 7:09:36 PM
Put a player that has only played CoD all their life against a player that played halo(random example) only all their life and see who would win, in call of duty. Call of Duty player would win. Put those same two people and put them in a match of halo. Halo player would win. I don't see why people say CoD takes no skill. Is it from black ops 2 and MW3's lag? They aren't the first game created that had unavoidable lag. They also aren't they only ones with a stupid company. BOII has teryarch, the little kid QS lovers and EA that has/seems like unlimited amount of DLC and other things you can buy (servers in BF3). is because COD is a bit bigger that it gets picked on the most? All games have bad and good community members, bad community members stick out more than the good ones. You 'steal' a kill and everyone yells at you, go out of your way to go around a teammates dog tag from a guy they just killed and they say nothing.
#2r3flexxPosted 4/4/2013 7:15:20 PM
That's just a pubstars (or worse) mentality. They play with tac inserts, hunter killers, uav's, shock charges ect. Those are made for scrubs so they can have their fun too.

I think the best way to put it is public match call of duty is easier to become good at than say, halo, but competitive call of duty is as hard to get good at as any other competitive game.

You can't blame someone for being ignorant, you can only blame their close-mindedness to learn otherwise.
---
PSN: ddflex add xFinland for Dark Souls
GT: c4nvas
#3Astro_B0mbPosted 4/4/2013 7:18:18 PM
It's true, though. Most casual shooter ever.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#4SAMCROftwPosted 4/4/2013 7:27:36 PM
Astro_B0mb posted...

This. Everything in COD is designed to help people who suck at FPS games be decent, good, or even pro at Call of Duty.
#5r3flexxPosted 4/4/2013 7:34:19 PM
SAMCROftw posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...

This. Everything in COD is designed to help people who suck at FPS games be decent, good, or even pro at Call of Duty.

False because they ban a lot of the pubstar equipment in competitive. They designed a lot of the game so noobs like you can have fun too is what you guys need to understand.
---
PSN: ddflex add xFinland for Dark Souls
GT: c4nvas
#6SevenDayCandlePosted 4/4/2013 7:38:42 PM
I would take competitive COD more seriously if there weren't proven things that are broken even in LAN. Take the Player models vs hitboxes, they don't always line up 100%. Take the player models vs the cameras, they don't always line up 100%. I mean, a guy could be looking 30 degrees to the left of you on your screen, yet on his screen he's looking directly at you. That's something that just shouldn't happen.

It does take skill though.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#7AlleRacingPosted 4/4/2013 10:11:31 PM
CoD definitely has a lower skill ceiling than many other FPS games.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#8DemotivatingPosted 4/4/2013 10:16:56 PM
AlleRacing posted...
CoD definitely has a lower skill ceiling than many other FPS games.
#9KILLSTREAKPosted 4/4/2013 10:21:10 PM
People shouldn't assume that because you play COD you have less skill though, its a really stupid statement. A person can apply skill and strategy to any game, a good enough FPS player should not take long to adapt to any other FPS game. Halo has fairly comparative skill levels, its just that lower skilled players dont do quite as well score-wise as they get more of a helping hand in COD. Gears of war has a higher skill rating i would say, simply because my friends have real trouble adapting to it online.
#10BlitzJuggernautPosted 4/4/2013 10:54:24 PM
Wow, it's like a damn gang war when it comes to CoD or Battlefield/Halo/Enter Name Here.

From an unbiased standpoint of someone that loved the high points of Halo and Call of Duty, both games give a lot to their respective players and both are based in different environments, this changing mechanics.

The reason Call of Duty is scrutinized so badly is because they constantly release half-finished games with debilitating lag and insufferable hit detection, then sells us overpriced DLC. Does Halo? Yeah. Does it blow too? Usually, but they don't make titles every single year.

Finally, both do take skill and have a high learning curve to some, but what doesn't?

That's my opinion. I like both, hate the whoring out and issue denial CoD has become infamous for, but it's still playable.

Oh, and **** Battlefield and EA.
---
Currently Playing: N/A (Random Game. Random Console.) (Two Games Down. 125 To Go.)
XBL: BlitzJuggernaut / PSN: Blitz-Prototype