final AR to get gold before unlocking Diamond AR's

#1GameMaster14GMPosted 4/5/2013 5:08:58 AM
I have the Diamond SMG's and now i just completed all the camo unlocks for the SMR (almost killed myself) and now all i have left is the FAL starting from scratch with the 100 headshots challenge/

any tips for the headshots? i went to hardcore and used quickdraw and acog on the SMR and seemed to get headshots consistently, but any other method is sure appreciated to help
#2roach06Posted 4/5/2013 5:11:44 AM
Just aim for their head and enjoy using the best gun in the game. I doubt you will want to put it down after you finish golding it.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#3Aether_LyricPosted 4/5/2013 5:19:20 AM
GameMaster14GM posted...
i just completed all the camo unlocks for the SMR (almost killed myself)

But the SMR is great, why would you say th-

GameMaster14GM posted...
i went to hardcore

oh
#4GameMaster14GM(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:32:27 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
GameMaster14GM posted...

GameMaster14GM posted...
i went to hardcore

oh

The gun is ok but post headshot challenge I was joining my friends parties on regular core and the gun indeed loses many close engagements even with select fire.

Hardcore it indeed oneshot kills so its viable there but I guess fal shoots faster so its better? Not familiar with these two weapons as much as the other ar's
#5roach06Posted 4/5/2013 5:33:49 AM
GameMaster14GM posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...
GameMaster14GM posted...

GameMaster14GM posted...
i went to hardcore

oh

select fire.

There is your problem....select fire is a garbage attachment. You can fire faster without it.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#6Aether_LyricPosted 4/5/2013 5:35:49 AM
GameMaster14GM posted...
The gun is ok but post headshot challenge I was joining my friends parties on regular core and the gun indeed loses many close engagements even with select fire.

Hardcore it indeed oneshot kills so its viable there but I guess fal shoots faster so its better? Not familiar with these two weapons as much as the other ar's

Using single-fire weapons in hardcore takes away every advantage they have over other ARs.
#7trakrunr4evrPosted 4/5/2013 6:08:56 AM
Using Select Fire on the FAL gives it vertical recoil, making headshots a little easier. Personally I don't use Select Fire, but figured I'd give you some insight
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#8pwnater777Posted 4/5/2013 6:12:21 AM
Why did they have to put all these pointless unlocks in the game. Diamond ARs? Really? Did they try to have no realism AT ALL in the series?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#9TheRealJayveezyPosted 4/5/2013 6:24:00 AM
pwnater777 posted...
Why did they have to put all these pointless unlocks in the game. Diamond ARs? Really? Did they try to have no realism AT ALL in the series?

What do you got against all that bling bling! Half of the M1126421 challenges for diamond shotties and 1 blood thirsty away from diamond pistols to go with my diamond riot shield. BLING BLING!!
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#10BA_in_BSPosted 4/5/2013 6:28:38 AM
I only have double kill and a couple bloodthirsty challenges left on 3 of my ARs. Can't wait to be done. SMR with no attachment/perks was somewhat brutal for me. The littlest bit of lag seems to turn the semi auto rifles into marshmallow shooters. So much for fiber internet.
---
PSN: AlwaysGetsWasted
Xbox Live: BA in BS