This got me really excited for IW's next game

#1Aether_LyricPosted 4/6/2013 6:50:30 AM
http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04/06/charlie-intel-visits-the-new-infinity-ward-studios/

"We had a chance to talk one on one with IW’s Mark Rubin, Tina Palacios , Candice Capen and along with a few other devs and we are now 100% confident that the studio is in good hands. Their passion for Call of Duty and it’s community is clear and they promised us that they will be VERY active with the community once their next project is announced…"

Let's not forget, MW3's problems were due to the Activision lawsuit destroying development of the game since 90-95% of their main staff left. They had to get help from Sledgehammer who had basically no experience making CoD. With full uninterrupted development next time around, I'm confident that we'll get a much more polished game than MW3.

But who am I kidding this is the internet right? No one is optimistic and MW4 will be hated for eternity before we've even played it..
#2ZuuFPosted 4/6/2013 6:58:42 AM
At this point, I'm just hoping that SOMEDAY, there will be another skill-based Call of Duty game (WaW was mostly skill-based...Black Ops 1 was half and half...3 was the last true skill-based Call of Duty, with 4 being more a 1/3 skill and class-build strategy, 2/3 luck and the "best possible class" mentality)...if anything, not even the trolls can deny that the controls are flawless. It's just somewhat sad that someone can't take these good controls, and add them to a skill-based shooter...
---
I am a writer (mostly a poet). If you're interested in buying my work, let me know (message me).
Feel free to check my ZuuF facebook page for samples.
#3zerooo0Posted 4/6/2013 6:59:09 AM
Finally someone with common sense. I truly think most of MW3 problems was due to the law suit also. No telling how it could have affected the development of MW3.(Obviously it did in a negative way)

I'm also confident that MW4(Or whatever New-IW makes) Should be better than MW3 since it was definitely hurt by the trial. No telling how much they could have had to start over from it from scratch.

That being said though, with the other games coming this year I may not get the next COD. Unless they do something different like Treyarch did with Black Ops 2.(Notice I said the something for Black Ops 2, but Treyarch got me on board)
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#4AlexanaxelaPosted 4/6/2013 7:18:56 AM
weird from my interactions with them, most of the problems stemmed from them having no idea what they were doing
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#5Aether_Lyric(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:21:27 AM
ZuuF posted...
At this point, I'm just hoping that SOMEDAY, there will be another skill-based Call of Duty game (WaW was mostly skill-based...Black Ops 1 was half and half...3 was the last true skill-based Call of Duty, with 4 being more a 1/3 skill and class-build strategy, 2/3 luck and the "best possible class" mentality)...if anything, not even the trolls can deny that the controls are flawless. It's just somewhat sad that someone can't take these good controls, and add them to a skill-based shooter...

I doubt it will ever be as skill-based as earlier games, but CoD's have progressively had less BS put in them since MW2 so that's something to be happy about. The devs are getting more in touch with the community every year.

zerooo0 posted...
That being said though, with the other games coming this year I may not get the next COD. Unless they do something different like Treyarch did with Black Ops 2.(Notice I said the something for Black Ops 2, but Treyarch got me on board)

That's another thing, IW are the real innovators of the series. CoD4 is one of the most influential FPSs ever made and MW2 made huge changes despite being a disaster. I'd like to think MW3 would have done the same if it wasn't rushed by the lawsuit.

Not to say Treyarch haven't contributed great things but I feel IW has more potential to "wow" us
#6TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/6/2013 7:21:51 AM
Treyarch's development wasn't disturbed by a trial and look what we got, the laggiest CoD to date, which pretty much messes up anything they managed to do well.

To be honest, if the new CoD from IW is exactly as good/bad as this game, I'd buy theirs and be done with CoD simply because I love their interface/menus/HUD and gameplay 10x more. Something about Treyarch games just never sat quite right with me but I got them because they were CoD games. Not to mention, IW actually has good gun sounds and footsteps too.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#7Aether_Lyric(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:22:31 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
weird from my interactions with them, most of the problems stemmed from them having no idea what they were doing

What interactions do you mean?
#8GnaTAcEPosted 4/6/2013 7:28:10 AM
ZuuF posted...

Give me an example of what you'd consider a skill based shooter.
---
GT: GnaTAcE (Formerly AceWildfire :P)
Blazblue - (Main: Taokaka) (Sub: Iron Tager)
#9Aether_Lyric(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:30:16 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Treyarch's development wasn't disturbed by a trial and look what we got, the laggiest CoD to date, which pretty much messes up anything they managed to do well.

To be honest, if the new CoD from IW is exactly as good/bad as this game, I'd buy theirs and be done with CoD simply because I love their interface/menus/HUD and gameplay 10x more. Something about Treyarch games just never sat quite right with me but I got them because they were CoD games. Not to mention, IW actually has good gun sounds and footsteps too.

Treyarch's games are always laggy though, so people shouldn't expect otherwise until they use IW's updated engine or a brand new one all together. The game itself is great though IMO and you can tell Treyarch put a lot of effort into it, that's why I'm excited to see the same passion from IW
#10AlexanaxelaPosted 4/6/2013 7:32:13 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Alexanaxela posted...

What interactions do you mean?

on their official mw3 boards where they'd say things such as dead man's nuke needed to exist or else sucky people wouldn't play anymore
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.