Audio Settings advice? (in regards to soundwhoring)

#1SinCityKidPosted 4/6/2013 9:18:49 PM
I've just now started to try out different audio settings/preset.......and wanna hear from people what their preference is.

I did some searching and haven't been able to turn up much information. General consensus is to lower all volumes except for SFX volume(have it maxed). But what about presets?

Most recommend supercrunch, but I heard convincing testimony that "high boost" was better for soundwhoring purposes.....which makes sense to me since I'm looking to amp up footstep volume and such. Supercrunch seems like it raises all volumes and I would think that it doesn't really help to differentiate sound levels between, for example, footsteps(more important) vs explosions(less important).
#2nuschler2212Posted 4/6/2013 9:34:42 PM(edited)
Nothing works.

You can't rely on it. Even if you hear it well at one point, you're not going to hear it at some point and relying on it will get you killed.

They purposely defeated the purpose of directional sound in this game and the developers are on record saying they thought its been overpowered in precious games.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#3Agent101cPosted 4/6/2013 9:39:28 PM
Go to sound settings and set it to SuperCrunch.

They increased the sound people make in the March patch. I actually hear people coming now without the Alertness perk.

I don't know if they changed it, but I'm pretty sure Alertness just increases the volume of enemy footsteps, and NOT the radius in which they start being hear-able. So as long as you can hear the footsteps with your Turtle Beaches at the edge of the radius without the perk ( like I or anyone with halfway decent hearing can ) then the perk is essentially worthless.

I could be wrong though. Point is you can sound whore w/o any perks and mayhap silent step perk might actually be used by ppl eventually now.
---
Gamertag:
Sidearm Slim
#4nuschler2212Posted 4/6/2013 9:48:49 PM
I've looked through all the March patch notes and didn't see anything related to sound. What's your source on the sound buff?

Super crunch makes everything louder. So anything that would drown out faint footsteps is going to be even louder. The footsteps in super crunch have never compared to the surrounding noises.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#5Lerp85Posted 4/6/2013 9:50:33 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
I've looked through all the March patch notes and didn't see anything related to sound. What's your source on the sound buff?

Super crunch makes everything louder. So anything that would drown out faint footsteps is going to be even louder. The footsteps in super crunch have never compared to the surrounding noises.

What is your source where they say it was overpowered?
#6nuschler2212Posted 4/6/2013 9:52:11 PM
Lerp85 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...

If you don't know that they've said that than you just not pay attention to these boards. It's been sourced repeatedly.
---
#7slaveanselmoPosted 4/6/2013 9:53:57 PM
I remember hearing about the sound buff but I never read patch notes
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
Someone here REAAAAAALLY loves their job. Phenomenal Cosmic Power!!!
#8Lerp85Posted 4/6/2013 9:54:50 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...

If you don't know that they've said that than you just not pay attention to these boards. It's been sourced repeatedly.

Figures, can't provide any such source. Thanks for your time though.
#9nuschler2212Posted 4/6/2013 9:56:39 PM
Lerp85 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...

Here's what's going to happen.

I provide a source. You look like an idiot. You never respond or say something incredibly stupid.

Ready?
---
#10Lerp85Posted 4/6/2013 9:58:47 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...

Here's what's going to happen.

I provide a source. You look like an idiot. You never respond or say something incredibly stupid.

Ready?

Or I say thanks, cause I never saw such source. If you are telling the truth then fine, but at least provide the source, specially if you are asking for sources yourself. Thats all.