I really feel bad about the money that goes torwards the players in CoD tournies

#111Ollie The Magic BumPosted 4/9/2013 10:55:21 AM
1GATORFAN posted...
How come you never see big Youtube stars playing at those? They claim to be great an get millions if views but never seem to see them at those...

Scump has 150k subs or something and he uploads pubstomping pretty much every day. And he's considered one of, if not the best player in the world.

Just looked him up. His voice is incredible, but not like in the Samuel L Jackson way. More in the Fran Drescher direction,
---
"This kid Danny Fortson reminds me of a kid named Kevin McHale." - Tommy Heinsohn
#112Ollie The Magic BumPosted 4/9/2013 11:03:11 AM
spacecowboy44 posted...
gotta love the nerds who watch video game "championships"

Gotta love jealous, angry mouthbreathers

Why do people keep throwing out the jealousy angle here? Just because someone thinks the COD Championship is lame, that makes them jealous of the people playing in it? Well God damn, I know a lot of people that don't like sports, so they must be jealous of LeBron and Tiger Woods. That's probably why they don't like sports.
---
"This kid Danny Fortson reminds me of a kid named Kevin McHale." - Tommy Heinsohn
#113zxrax_alt_1Posted 4/9/2013 11:04:50 AM
Scump scares me.
---
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.875GHz | 2x HD7970 | 16GB 2000MHz | Rampage IV Formula | 250GB 840 SSD +2TB | Custom Watercooling | 1440p IPS
#114yummymexicanPosted 4/9/2013 11:52:45 AM
Ollie The Magic Bum posted...
spacecowboy44 posted...

Why do people keep throwing out the jealousy angle here? Just because someone thinks the COD Championship is lame, that makes them jealous of the people playing in it? Well God damn, I know a lot of people that don't like sports, so they must be jealous of LeBron and Tiger Woods. That's probably why they don't like sports.

It's one thing to simply not be fond of eSports, but to call fans "nerds" is ridiculous.
---
GT- Snahck
#115Ollie The Magic BumPosted 4/9/2013 11:59:13 AM(edited)
He could call them purple Pop-Tart poppyseeds, and that still wouldn't convey that he's jealous of anybody participating. I'm still waiting for a legitimate reason why you guys immediately throw out "YOU'RE JELLY LOL" when someone says competitive COD is dumb.
---
#116ZenzokukenX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 12:37:48 PM
fatclemenza posted...
For anyone new to the wide world of message boards... Troll = anyone who has a valid point but is discriminated against because he doesn't say so like you.

Continue.

Well, when you say things as overwhelmingly ignorant and stupid as:

If all they play is pros, then NOOBS would pwn them because they aren't used to it.

and

I'd like to see the girlfriend of any of these "PROS" because they have to still be living in their moms house.

You kinda give away being a troll. I'll give you props for roping us in for 100+ posts though.

Took the first quote out of context because someone said that they are used to playing the best so they are the best. I was just saying that they arent the best and they could technically play a noob and lose.
---
PC, Xbizzle, PS3
PSP Go & 3000
#117Crono exePosted 4/9/2013 12:40:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can watch the final match with Fariko using the KAP 40's or whatever?
---
Con ganas de engrasar la macana. Quien no?
#118roach06Posted 4/9/2013 1:38:59 PM
wcuimprezars posted...
fatclemenza posted...
My opinion is that most of these pros on most occasions wouldn't stand out in a pub match with other quality players.

I don't understand this part. How are "quality" players in pubs going to be harder to do well against than other pro players of equal skill?

Simply because if these "pros" are playing solo without any communication, then they aren't gonna be as effective. Plus, like I said there's tons of other players out there that are just as good in public matches, but do not care about getting into it competitively. You can't seriously believe that these "pros" are actually the best out there? They are simply just the best in the competitive world.

Which means they are the best.... you get better by playing against the best...not by pubstomping 24/7. Any one of those teams would crush a pub clan.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#119fatclemenzaPosted 4/9/2013 1:40:05 PM
I was just saying that they arent the best and they could technically play a noob and lose.

That depends on your definition of "noob". For me, along with most others, "noob" and "good player" are mutually exclusive so noob won't be beating anybody
---
He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot,
An assassin that's second to none, The Man with the Golden Gun
#120TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/9/2013 3:02:29 PM
yummymexican posted...
Ollie The Magic Bum posted...
spacecowboy44 posted...

It's one thing to simply not be fond of eSports, but to call fans "nerds" is ridiculous.

It may not be a nice thing to say, but it is far from ridiculous. Ordering a super sized value meal and a diet coke from McDonald's is ridiculous.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D