Theater mode ruined ths game series imo

#21TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/8/2013 11:16:57 AM
Lerp85 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Agreed

Just as social netoworking ruined a lot of tv shows, or even the simple activity of watching tv with a friend/relative. Can't watch WWE without them wasting half the program time talking about tweets and touts. Can't watch tv with anyone without them asking what happened because they were too busy tweeting about the show instead of watching it.

I'm just annoyed by America's ever growing obsession with broadcasting every single aspect of everything.

Lol people tweet about the WWE?

Whether you like it or not, it's one of the biggest entertainment companies on the planet. Is this the part where you laugh at people for watching it because it's "fake?" Though scripted would be the more accurate word and almost everything people watch is both fake and scripted (including a lot of "reality" shows), yet pro wrestling is the thing that gets attacked.

Movies and shows are made as not real things, wrestling is made to seem real, and the fact that the fights are rigged from the beginning, which is what they are, is stupid IMO. But I see why people enjoy watching it.

The only people who think wrestling is real are kids and some people who don't watch it on a usual basis. The real fans who watch it consistently know it isn't real and enjoy it for what it is. There are aspects of it that are real, but the outcomes are predetermined, which is why I say "scripted" is the better term. Every single part of a movie and most tv shows is predetermined (minus the occasional improvisation they decide to keep) from the very beginning, yet people still watch them. I don't see why wrestling is attacked for being less fake and scripted but I guess some people (not saying you) feel like they need to bash something that others like.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#22Lerp85Posted 4/8/2013 11:17:41 AM
I am still confused on how the tc thinks theater mode ruins the game, yet thinks boosting and glitching is fine.
#23TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/8/2013 11:19:22 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Agreed

Just as social netoworking ruined a lot of tv shows, or even the simple activity of watching tv with a friend/relative. Can't watch WWE without them wasting half the program time talking about tweets and touts. Can't watch tv with anyone without them asking what happened because they were too busy tweeting about the show instead of watching it.

I'm just annoyed by America's ever growing obsession with broadcasting every single aspect of everything.

Whether you like it or not, it's one of the biggest entertainment companies on the planet. Is this the part where you laugh at people for watching it because it's "fake?" Though scripted would be the more accurate word and almost everything people watch is both fake and scripted (including a lot of "reality" shows), yet pro wrestling is the thing that gets attacked.

I laughed because people tweet about it, which were the people YOU were hating on in your post right? I didn't say or insinuate any of the garbage you just spat back at me. You're clearly insecure about watching it though, maybe you should stop.

Just trying to preempt what usually happens when pro wrestling is brought up. If you sincerely had no intention of doing it (which I doubt but I'll just take your word for it), then I apologize, but it has nothing to do with insecurity. If I was insecure, I wouldn't have even mentioned it in the first place. Common sense.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#24Lerp85Posted 4/8/2013 11:20:45 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Lerp85 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Agreed

Movies and shows are made as not real things, wrestling is made to seem real, and the fact that the fights are rigged from the beginning, which is what they are, is stupid IMO. But I see why people enjoy watching it.

The only people who think wrestling is real are kids and some people who don't watch it on a usual basis. The real fans who watch it consistently know it isn't real and enjoy it for what it is. There are aspects of it that are real, but the outcomes are predetermined, which is why I say "scripted" is the better term. Every single part of a movie and most tv shows is predetermined (minus the occasional improvisation they decide to keep) from the very beginning, yet people still watch them. I don't see why wrestling is attacked for being less fake and scripted but I guess some people (not saying you) feel like they need to bash something that others like.

Fans know it is fake yes, but the people that make it are making it to seem real. Movies and shows are not. Still, It ain't my thing but I understand that people like it.
#25patkelly929Posted 4/8/2013 11:40:37 AM
Lerp85 posted...
I am still confused on how the tc thinks theater mode ruins the game, yet thinks boosting and glitching is fine.

Videos of boosting/glitching to promote awareness of the issue, not to condone the action. What he's saying is that Theater Mode makes it difficult to find videos because some 12 year old kid posts videos of the one trickshot he made that night on a daily basis.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#26Lerp85Posted 4/8/2013 11:48:08 AM
patkelly929 posted...
Lerp85 posted...

Videos of boosting/glitching to promote awareness of the issue, not to condone the action. What he's saying is that Theater Mode makes it difficult to find videos because some 12 year old kid posts videos of the one trickshot he made that night on a daily basis.

Ok I get what he means now.

Still don't get how theater makes these vids hard to find, just search for them. It is not hard at all. Kids can only upload what thirty second clips through theater? Such a big problem.
#27patkelly929Posted 4/8/2013 12:04:06 PM
Lerp85 posted...
patkelly929 posted...
Lerp85 posted...

Ok I get what he means now.

Still don't get how theater makes these vids hard to find, just search for them. It is not hard at all. Kids can only upload what thirty second clips through theater? Such a big problem.

But if they get their parents to buy the 40 extra slots or whatever, and more time, and then multiply that by the number of trickshotters and those who want to be youtube famous, you start to get a lot of videos. Things are saturated with garbage videos trying to find informative ones.

I think that's what the OP is driving at.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#28videogames2004Posted 4/9/2013 4:16:21 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
videogames2004 posted...
I still don't see the connection between social media on wrestling and theater mode in this game.

I kinda derailed the topic lol but basically people want to show off on CoD so they can broadcast their 1080 1337 noscopezzz to the world. My frustration was more with people's obsession with broadcasting everything they do on the Internet, which led to the social networking thing, which led to me bringing up social networking always being talked about on tv shows.

Makes sense now?

Ah, I see!

I see where you are coming from but overall I don't think this has that kind of influence. I think if you are looking for a catalyst here it is either Youtube or Machinima. People have always done this, but now that you can make money by posting these crap trick videos, everyone has to try.
#29webbc99Posted 4/9/2013 4:23:32 AM
Lerp85 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Agreed

It isn't just America dude. LOL

Indeed - UK is equally plagued by this. Happy to say that I am not on Facebook!!
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls