C/D: Black Ops 1 was the most boring CoD

#71arena11Posted 4/10/2013 7:55:11 PM
Asylum_71 posted...
D.

Best maps in any cod. Primaries were all viable (...not counting uzi or pm63) and secondaries weren't stupidly overpowered (*cough* bo2 pistols..).

ROFLMAO

By viable, you mean outclassed. All of the 20 round magazine SMGs mandated Scavenger, an outclassed perk by a large stretch of the imagination. The MP5K was outclassed by the AKS-74u by a decent margin by having better aim assist, attachments, faster reloads, and less recoil overall.

The Ak-47 has no niche compared to other ARs like it, the enfield has .05 faster ADS, the commando reloaded the fastest, and the galil had 35 round magazines. The M16 was complete garbage as well, and even the G11 suffered with bad hit detection despite having a very fast RPM within the burst of 1250. The AUG clearly reigns supreme. Don't even mention the semi-auto rifles, because honestly no one used them and if wasn't for select fire in BO2 no one would use them either.

Three of four LMGs were essentially ARs that handled slower. BO1 had mostly urban based combat so long range damage did not matter as much. Only the M60 brings something unique to the table with it's huge magazine and ability to 2hko. The others were clunky ARs at best and the HK21 and Stoner had 30 round magazines, which is pitiful considering the drawbacks. The Stoner literally has nothing over the AUG besides long range damage, but that is irrelevant due to map size and the recoil of the stoner compared to the aug. The HK21 has little reason to stand as well due to having 30 round magazines, the recoil and hipfire might be better than it's AR counterpart, but not enough to warrant using it over the commando or enfield. The RPK only has 5 more rounds over the Galil, which otherwise completely outclasses it. Not to mention that all LMGs besides the M60 need Scavenger. The M60 is the only viable LMG.

Sniper rifles are about as bad as well. The Dragunov and WA2000 are pretty much the same rifle with only magazine size, recoil and apperance being different. Both of these rifles were viable choices in MW1 and MW2 respectively. Both could equip an alternate red perk without losing effectiveness. I personally used Juggernaut and Cold blooded respectively. This advantage is lost in BO1. Diversity is the name of the game when picking either of these two rifles and that is completely lost. The L96A1 is the obvious power house and is the kids' rifle of choice. The PSG-1 is supposed to be the Barret.

Shotguns are just laughable. The Olympia has magazine issues and you will spend more time reloading than actually shooting. It also mandates sleight of hand as opposed to steady aim. The stakeout produces nothing, but hitmarkers. Honestly the Remington 870 was fine at launch and did what a shotgun is supposed to do, unlike the Stakeout. The Spas-12 was only viable due to the suppressor glitch, otherwise it's no better than the Saiga 12 we have now. The HS-10 is just bad, especially akimbo and requires an outclassed loadout to be at least semi decent.

As for the secondaries, if they weren't "good", honestly they're not that good, people would be carrying Stingers everywhere and it'd turn into BO1 all over again or even worse people would pick a secondary thanks to the pick 10 system and even carry an extra C4 or emp grenades. In BO1 I found myself replacing my pistol ASAP as they were utter crap.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#72DepreceV2Posted 4/10/2013 8:06:35 PM
Halo_Forever posted...
Keyblade9000 posted...

The FAMAS outclassing every other weapon

Shotguns, the Skorpion RF, MP5 RF, AK74U RF and G11all beat it in TTK. Then you also had the Stoner63, M60 and the snipers which challenged it at long range.

Take Shotguns and Snipers out the equation to start with because it's pointless to compare a shotgun to any other gun in Close Range. Same for snipers at long range.

You mentioned RF SMGs.. Hello? They required an attachment to outgun the FAMAS and that is only Close range. That automatically makes them worse than the FAMAS. If the G11 takes more than one burst, which most times it does thanks to the spotty hit detection, then the FAMAS automatically wins.
---
This is a message board. I don't care about my spelling or grammar on GFaqs. You don't like my grammar mistakes? Get over it.
#73Asylum_71Posted 4/10/2013 9:17:43 PM
arena11 posted...
Asylum_71 posted...
D.

Best maps in any cod. Primaries were all viable (...not counting uzi or pm63) and secondaries weren't stupidly overpowered (*cough* bo2 pistols..).

ROFLMAO.

As long as we're both laughing at you, I guess. As far as public matches went, I was perfectly fine with my galil, ak47, mpl, hs10, m60, and stoner all worked perfectly for any and every map without making me feel like I was handicapped.
But yea.. you need secondaries to be overpowered so that you don't use stingers? What? That's terrible logic.. if you can even use the word "logic" there.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#74arena11Posted 4/10/2013 9:22:40 PM
Asylum_71 posted...
arena11 posted...
Asylum_71 posted...
D.

ROFLMAO.

As long as we're both laughing at you, I guess. As far as public matches went, I was perfectly fine with my galil, ak47, mpl, hs10, m60, and stoner all worked perfectly for any and every map without making me feel like I was handicapped.
But yea.. you need secondaries to be overpowered so that you don't use stingers? What? That's terrible logic.. if you can even use the word "logic" there.

I am laughing at you. Honestly you present no argument and just proclaim stuff without evidence or any facts either. If the secondaries all suck, why not use a stinger especially in BO2 where shooting down air support gives so much score it's not even funny.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#75Asylum_71Posted 4/10/2013 9:29:45 PM
The title of the topic uses the word "boring".. This is clearly an opinion-based topic. Why did you come in here expecting to see anything other than personal preferences? I did present facts in the only instance the required it (explaining why second chance is broken) so.. again.. as long as we can both laugh at you together.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#76arena11Posted 4/10/2013 9:43:04 PM
Asylum_71 posted...
The title of the topic uses the word "boring".. This is clearly an opinion-based topic. Why did you come in here expecting to see anything other than personal preferences? I did present facts in the only instance the required it (explaining why second chance is broken) so.. again.. as long as we can both laugh at you together.

Opinions are usually backed up by fact. How can one have any sort of opinion without first laying the facts out? If the secondary weapons were truly too good in BO2, you'd make a case for it. I state my opinion and the facts surrounding that opinion, otherwise opinions are usually pretty meaningless. The joke is still on you.
---
#77Asylum_71Posted 4/10/2013 10:10:10 PM
I said it's not boring. I said the guns were viable. Those are my opinions. Why do you think I care that you want a list of facts associated with those opinions?
If you disagree, that's fine.. But you look like a fool going about it the way that you are.

The ignore button on GameFAQs works btw.
---
#78Halo_ForeverPosted 4/10/2013 10:49:43 PM
DepreceV2 posted...

Take Shotguns and Snipers out the equation to start with because it's pointless to compare a shotgun to any other gun in Close Range. Same for snipers at long range.

So basically what you are saying is that the FAMAS outclasses every other weapon except when it doesn't.

You mentioned RF SMGs.. Hello? They required an attachment to outgun the FAMAS and that is only Close range. That automatically makes them worse than the FAMAS.

If the FAMAS had the same attachment available you'd have a point, since then it could again go past it. Additionally if you are playing with an SMG you ought to stick to its strengths.

If the G11 takes more than one burst, which most times it does thanks to the spotty hit detection, then the FAMAS automatically wins.

Depends on the range. Additionally you can snipe with the G11 while enjoying the benefits of SoH.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#79Halo_ForeverPosted 4/10/2013 11:27:26 PM
Asylum_71 posted...
Are you joking or working for Treyarch?

I'm completely serious, I was happy if the enemy used Second Chance since that meant that they wasted the third perk slot on a useless perk. It was incredibly rare for me to die to someone using second chance. I know that the Blop Shot existed but I never had any issue with it, I saw it once or twice during 300 hours of game time. For comparison I was more often a victim of the Valkyrie Rockets auto explode in your face glitch.

Second chance was the most broken thing in Black Ops. Do you know how many times second chance users would go into second chance but have actually killed you with their PRIMARY?

I don't let them kill me in the first place. And additionally as I said above the Blop Shot was seen by me once or twice, despite that I should for my connection's part be in the group that should have seen it often.

The reason why I am provocative on this point is that I'm not a high-tier player, I had 1.5 K/D in BO while having a crappy connection and still I didn't have issues with it, yet I see people with twice my K/D and good connections whine about it incessantly. My simple rule was no XP=Second Chance and keep shooting.

That was a glitch that was never fixed. The fact that you shot someone and put them into second chance meant that without the perk, they would've died.. so how can he have killed you with his famas yet be in second chance (when no one else is there to have shot at either of you)? With the 'laws' of the game, that shouldn't be possible.

Lag or Blop Shot.

Also, second chance users were given invincibility frames.. You're telling me that you never crossed a second chance user up close and downed him, only to shoot at him (while he's still falling) and get knifed by him as he's falling down..?

That has happened a few times to me, though as far as the BO knife goes it is almost benevolent. I found the death-field knife to be the biggest issue in BO (been killed through walls, by someone having their back to me, knifing the air 4 meters from me and so on. Additionally I once killed a person behind me with the knife, since I accidentally clicked the thumbstick, sliced the air infront of me and saw the 100 XP pop up).

Why make someone who is terrible enough to use second chance become invincible AND still be able to kill people during this frame?

Because a person who is terrible enough to use Second isn't good enough to kill you anyway. Additionally shotguns, if you absolutely don't want to see second chancers win you just use the Spas-12, works like a charm on most vanilla maps except Jungle.

Simply put, I never understood how people hated SC so. It isn't even about me being bad and thus not annoyed about dying, I rarely died to SC in the first place and when I did, it was nearly always my own fault for being sloppy or stupid.
---
#80Halo_ForeverPosted 4/10/2013 11:38:58 PM
arena11 posted...
The Olympia has magazine issues and you will spend more time reloading than actually shooting. It also mandates sleight of hand as opposed to steady aim.

Reload cancel + Steady Aim, you were using a bad set up otherwise

The stakeout produces nothing, but hitmarkers. Honestly the Remington 870 was fine at launch and did what a shotgun is supposed to do, unlike the Stakeout.

The Stakeout is definitely the frustrating one, though when working correctly (most of the time) it was a force to be reckoned with.

The Spas-12 was only viable due to the suppressor glitch, otherwise it's no better than the Saiga 12 we have now.

Has the Saiga-12 been buffed since January? Otherwise you are completely insane in this point.

The HS-10 is just bad, especially akimbo and requires an outclassed loadout to be at least semi decent.

Dual HS-10 are a godsend in laggy games.

In BO1 I found myself replacing my pistol ASAP as they were utter crap.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the you considered the Dual Pythons weak?
---