C/D: Call of Duty MLG Tourneys should play these 3 game modes (Read in-topic)

#1THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 4/10/2013 2:20:04 AM(edited)
Confirm or Deny:
CoD MLG Tournaments should play Domination, Demolition, and Search and Destroy instead of Capture the Flag, Hardpoint, and Search and Destroy.

2 of the 3 most popular fast-paced objective game modes Dom and Demo aren't even played at MLG competitions. Rather, they play slow-paced Cap the Flag and HP instead. You could argue that SnD is slow-paced, but given that it's one of the most popular game modes you have to give it its deserving place in the competition.

Therefore, I CONFIRM.

What say you?
#2LerthyrPosted 4/10/2013 2:22:52 AM
Demo no, but Dom would be neat to watch if it ever gets reinstated in the competitive scene.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#3Ninja_AverPosted 4/10/2013 3:21:40 AM
I reckon they don't use Domination because they allow the use of killstreaks. Would be easy for someone to just get few kills and caps and suddenly get a lightning strike + hellstorm missile. B would be pretty easy to lockdown for the rest of the game.
#4JonnywestsidePosted 4/10/2013 3:46:53 AM
Dom over Hardpoint for me, one team always gets an advantageous spawn on HP which can set them up for the rest of the game.

Dom rules

2 seperate 5 minute rounds with no streak carry overs. Spawns switch for second round. Team with the most points over both rounds wins.
---
"U MAD?", "Get good" & "Use x perk" are legitimate responses to everything.
#5StigmaStylePosted 4/10/2013 3:48:57 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
Dom over Hardpoint for me, one team always gets an advantageous spawn on HP which can set them up for the rest of the game.

Dom rules

2 seperate 5 minute rounds with no streak carry overs. Spawns switch for second round. Team with the most points over both rounds wins.

Teams of 4, right? Wouldn't it just come down to who capped their spawn flag first? Unless you add a spawn delay of some sort, or someone gets lucky...
#6Re2ismyFavPosted 4/10/2013 4:15:55 AM
Include a spawn delay for the team that holds 2 or more flags?
---
psn - LeeTl-_-lFACE .... will work for Good Connection
#7StigmaStylePosted 4/10/2013 4:17:38 AM
Re2ismyFav posted...
Include a spawn delay for the team that holds 2 or more flags?

That would be unfair, as the game awards points based on time. I can't see Dom being a very good game mode for competitive. Theoretically, between two good teams, every game of Dom should be a stalemate.
#8LerthyrPosted 4/10/2013 5:24:04 AM
Dom always has spawn delay in competitive.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#9StigmaStylePosted 4/10/2013 5:25:24 AM
Lerthyr posted...

Hmm. Seems...weird. xp
#10LerthyrPosted 4/10/2013 5:29:41 AM
StigmaStyle posted...
Lerthyr posted...

Hmm. Seems...weird. xp

It spaces out the game and has teams focus on strategically capping based on the number of enemy players up. Without spawn delay in competitive, everything would be a zerg rush.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13