C/D: Call of Duty MLG Tourneys should play these 3 game modes (Read in-topic)

#11LerthyrPosted 4/10/2013 5:34:10 AM
Ninja_Aver posted...
I reckon they don't use Domination because they allow the use of killstreaks. Would be easy for someone to just get few kills and caps and suddenly get a lightning strike + hellstorm missile. B would be pretty easy to lockdown for the rest of the game.

This is also the main reason why we don't see Dom in competitive. Victories would rely heavily on which team can amass scorestreaks first, cap B, and rain havoc on anyone who tries to cap it. If they removed scorestreaks for this mode, then I could see it being reinstated.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#12ronXwhitePosted 4/10/2013 6:11:48 AM
Dom isnt used now because of the intense spawn flipping that black ops 2 has when a team has all 3 flags. Because competitive play is based solely on the objective, this becomes an issue when the main focus of a game is to triple cap for points, but the spawn system becomes so jumbled and unpredictable that there's literally no way to defend all objective points effectively.

CTF and SnD were only used in mw3, and now hardpoint since the maps are better. Mw3 wouldve used streakless dropzone, but the maps were so awful that even that would be an issue usually.

Things are fine as is.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - Proud Member of RedScreen
My first 100+ gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRY8au3ourk
#13LordofBallyhooPosted 4/10/2013 8:38:26 AM
ronXwhite posted...
Dom isnt used now because of the intense spawn flipping that black ops 2 has when a team has all 3 flags. Because competitive play is based solely on the objective, this becomes an issue when the main focus of a game is to triple cap for points, but the spawn system becomes so jumbled and unpredictable that there's literally no way to defend all objective points effectively.

CTF and SnD were only used in mw3, and now hardpoint since the maps are better. Mw3 wouldve used streakless dropzone, but the maps were so awful that even that would be an issue usually.

Things are fine as is.

Agreed. Drop zone a.k.a. hardpoint a.k.a. king of the hill is nothing fresh (although the care packages in drop zone made for some unpredictability) and only needed better map design to be utilized in competitive gameplay.

Domination, like you said, is essentially a game mode which creates random spawning when one team is maximizing their potential score. Looking at it from a functionalist perspective, if the best strategy in a game mode is to avoid taking an objective in order to maintain map control then why include it in competition? Imagine if the red zone in football allowed the defending team to have an extra three players or commit neutral zone infractions without penalty? Then the offense would kick field goals 95 percent of the time in order to try and avoid risk and maintain game control.
---
F2000 was an unholy weapon. Respect it, and it harvested souls for you. Treat it like the mortal SCAR-H, and it would devour you.
#14Aether_LyricPosted 4/10/2013 8:42:10 AM
Why on earth would you want to get rid of Hardpoint? By far the most entertaining to watch and the players themselves love it as well.
#15superbadKDPosted 4/10/2013 8:51:03 AM
Dom was actually made for competitive, i heard JNasty having a strop about it in the stream supercoolisaac was in @ JNasty
#16destructoclausPosted 4/10/2013 8:59:43 AM
Domination would be cool as a competitive game. It would be nothing like pub domination which is just spawn-trapping your enemy the whole time. It would be a lot more spaced out.

Demolition? Hell no.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#17THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:23:41 AM
These BO2 video commentaries were my reasons for creating this topic:

"Has David Vonderhaar sold COD out to the 1%?"
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUktt8JQto

"COD Million dollar tourney should have had more people playing. Why not?"
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmxlyXRFps
#18dspmusikPosted 4/10/2013 9:32:27 AM
why isn't it random game type, random map? wouldn't that be the truest test of skill?
---
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Streets Ahead:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
#19Aether_LyricPosted 4/10/2013 9:35:13 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
These BO2 video commentaries were my reasons for creating this topic:

"Has David Vonderhaar sold COD out to the 1%?"
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUktt8JQto

"COD Million dollar tourney should have had more people playing. Why not?"
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmxlyXRFps

There weren't more teams competing in League Play because any sane person knew that they wouldn't qualify when the pro teams were grinding 8 hours a day. Only 8 teams could qualify.

Domination used to be played in BO1 MLG, but Hardpoint is just so much better as a competitive mode.
#20fatclemenzaPosted 4/10/2013 9:46:35 AM
D its fine as is the only thing I disagree with are scorestreaks but I know why they're there and accept that
---
He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot,
An assassin that's second to none, The Man with the Golden Gun