I can't believe I'm asking for KAP-40 tips

#1GunSniper001Posted 4/12/2013 6:53:45 AM
But I am.

I only need it gold for diamond everything now, and my god am I terrible with it. I see everyone talking about how it's the best gun ever and how it needs pulled out of competitive, but I rarely lose to someone using it and I struggle hard to get a kill with it, much less a freaking headshot.

So what should I be using with it, like attachments wise. I already have 2-3k with all the other pistols, so I know how to use pistols, just something about the KAP-40 makes me suck all over the place.
---
For all your Deity Wars Needs!
http://deitytrades.blogspot.com/
#2ArcXenosPosted 4/12/2013 6:55:27 AM
Use it like a SMG.
---
Kids are cruel, are you in touch with your inner child ?
#3NidtendofreakPosted 4/12/2013 6:57:47 AM
When I ran around with a KAP40 class, I threw the Silencer and Extended Mag on it. Can't remember all of my perks but I know that Ghost, Flak Jacket, Scavenger, and Dexterity were on the list.

When going for headshots, throw a concussion at the target then line up the shot. You get no bonus damage for a HS with the KAP40, so aiming for the head in the middle of combat is going to hurt you unless you get really good at figuring out when the recoil is going to naturally put the head in the irons for the last shot.

Do a lot of flanking, try not to take on more than two opponents at once, you don't have the ammo for more than that. If you see three or more enemies, concussion them before firing.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#4GunSniper001(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 7:14:13 AM
Thanks for the concussion tip. I hadn't used those things since the riot shield challenges. I do flank like crazy, as I mostly use the silenced KSG. I'm solid with basic game mechanics...just ugh gotta get done with this one challenge and it's atrocious.
---
For all your Deity Wars Needs!
http://deitytrades.blogspot.com/
#5f41lurizerPosted 4/12/2013 8:45:54 AM
Umm...
I can't believe somebody is asking for tips about how to use the friggin kap 40
I personally use it as a secondary for my M27 class, because that thing runs out of ammo and takes forever to reload. And it kinda sucks if I know there's an enemy close to me. It seems to work better than a knife.
I would strongly suggest just using it like a secondary, and don't worry, the headshots will come. I have around 70 for it without trying. The recoil seems to shoot up enough to give you headshots sometimes.
#6BlitzJuggernautPosted 4/12/2013 9:19:33 AM
GunSniper001 posted...
Thanks for the concussion tip. I hadn't used those things since the riot shield challenges. I do flank like crazy, as I mostly use the silenced KSG. I'm solid with basic game mechanics...just ugh gotta get done with this one challenge and it's atrocious.

If you did the Executioner, then this should be a cake walk.
---
Currently Playing: N/A (Random Game. Random Console.) (Two Games Down. 125 To Go.)
XBL: BlitzJuggernaut / PSN: Blitz-Prototype
#7ajmachine818Posted 4/12/2013 9:27:10 AM
Use extended mags, long barrel, and scavenger (gun runs out of ammo quick).