Trying to make unique class sets for each game mode but can't distinguish...

#1lechaflanPosted 4/14/2013 8:04:03 PM
between TDM/KC and Hardpoint/Headquarters.

For something like SnD, every class focuses on one of the sound perks, a noob sight if applicable, and Cold Blooded. For CtF, every class has Lightweight, ExCond, and TI. Demolition has me focusing on Ghost, Flak, and ExCond with some TIs thrown in there. But when it comes to TDM/KC and Hardpoint/Headquarters, I can't seem to make each class set unique enough to stand apart from the other so for the time being, they're using the exact same setup but with different weapons. Can anyone chime in with some advice?

Would ExCond be more useful for something like HQ since every next HQ is random rather than a set series of Hardpoints?
---
http://cosplay.com/member/128253 (P4 Dojima)
10. SMW 9. LastBlade2 8. CoD4 (PC) 7. BBCSE 6. MMV (gb) 5. ShiningForce2 4. P4G 3. MM8 2. Xenogears 1. SPuzzleF2T
#2webbc99Posted 4/15/2013 2:01:50 AM
I have two classes for Hardpoint, Headquarters and Domination.

Both have flak jacket, toughness, tac mask and dexterity as perks.

One has C4 and a trophy system, the other has C4 and a tac insert. It depends on the map which one I use.

Huge maps I use the TI, but smaller maps I like to use a trophy system.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls
#3flamepeltPosted 4/15/2013 8:41:12 AM
webbc99 posted...
I have two classes for Hardpoint, Headquarters and Domination.

Both have flak jacket, toughness, tac mask and dexterity as perks.

One has C4 and a trophy system, the other has C4 and a tac insert. It depends on the map which one I use.

Huge maps I use the TI, but smaller maps I like to use a trophy system.

I say this is good for your HP/HQ, maybe switch dexterity for engineer

TDM you should use perks that help your weapon, like an SMG would benefit best from lightweight/ghost, toughness, excon/dexterity. Snipers would like FJ /lightweight, fast hands, tac mask.
#4destructoclausPosted 4/15/2013 8:58:10 AM
Your classes don't need to be different between game modes. If you have setups that work for both game modes, then so be it. I feel comfortable taking pretty much any one of my classes into any game mode. All objective modes generally require the same type of stuff. Flak jacket, C4, trophy system, smoke grenade, tactical mask, etc. You'll want the stuff that's geared more towards enduring equipment and maybe killstreaks. For TDM and KC, you want to focus purely on maximizing your slaying. You'll want to use things like toughness, primary gunfighter, dexterity, bouncing betty, or whatever you use to kill people and stay alive.

Again, if you have setups that work for multiple game modes, there's nothing wrong with that. If you really want to make your setups different, try using different weapons. Obviously there are guns that are clearly better than others, but that stop me from using guns like the M27 just for fun. It's all about how you play.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#5lechaflan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 9:50:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestion guys. And for destructo, I definitely agree with that if I were playing one of the older games but when it came to MW3, my Dead Silence or Sitrep classes weren't as useful in something like TDM or KC but shined in SnD and Demo while Steady Aim was a monster in TDM and FFA so just letting you know if you care, for me personally, I like the idea of having a class set dedicated to each game type where each class is dedicated to different things like defense, different types of offense, something more team based with Engineer/EMP nades, etc.

BTW, I figured out a good fix for my TDM/KC differentiation: I agree with LegendofThunder's vid saying Hardline is kind of a must in TDM so I dedicated a good amount of classes in my TDM set with Hardline, while a guy on the PS3 board said ExCon is more useful in KC for tag purposes. Also with my FFA set, I removed the FHJ launchers, Hardline, and added in more Dexterity as I'd be relying more on guns rather than equipment and streaks.
---
http://cosplay.com/member/128253 (P4 Dojima)
10. SMW 9. LastBlade2 8. CoD4 (PC) 7. BBCSE 6. MMV (gb) 5. ShiningForce2 4. P4G 3. MM8 2. Xenogears 1. SPuzzleF2T