Mob of the Dead Easter Egg topic *spoilers*

#21F_H_NukemPosted 4/17/2013 10:24:16 PM
CyanicKnight posted...
Ugh that jump scare... I have a headset now so I got the full effect. >_> It's basically a screamer.

LOL i saw that

i thought it was great!

the full easter egg is very interesting though

Retrieving 5 skulls, "breaking the cycle", afterlife was also originally called "purgatory mode"

"Purgatory is a cleansing that involves painful temporal punishment, associated with the idea of fire such as is associated with the idea of the eternal punishment of Hell."

forced to live on alcatraz more like a loop for past sins.

seems like you move on when you break the cycle; hence, "life over" as opposed to "game over"

what makes this so interesting is to compare this story to the original 4.

same betrayal with similar results, being that the betrayer lived, while the others may have perished.

collecting five skulls you can only see in the afterlife mode makes me think of that as well.

maybe this easter egg really IS helping the 4 out just as the second map pack with 4 one-time characters did one game hence.

next map, the tranzit 4 lighting one final spire to open purgatory to set the tale for the last map:
8 players; 4 new. 3 old and 1 spirit v.s 1 megalomaniacal dictator in a fight for the world.

then again the last part is just speculating LOL
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#22shadowstrike600Posted 4/17/2013 11:13:32 PM
Did all easter eggs for tranzit die rise and mob of the dead thats 3 down 2 supposedly left
---
Live CrunchyMango09 World Record holder for die rise easter egg round 6
#23F_H_NukemPosted 4/18/2013 7:27:40 AM
to add to my theory, i need someone to verify this, as i have absolutely NO knowledge of how to use or browse twitter

'The voice actor, Steve Blum. Posted on twitter " Had fun in the studio today, OORAH! IM FINALLY IN BO2!" Wink wink nudge nudge most likely dlc 4.'

if the quote didnt give it away, Steve Blum is the voice actor of our favorite marine from the original cast.

but im not sure if its true or not. if anyone can check and link it here plz?
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#24CaptainYamamotoPosted 4/18/2013 10:56:31 AM
F_H_Nukem posted...
CyanicKnight posted...
Ugh that jump scare... I have a headset now so I got the full effect. >_> It's basically a screamer.

LOL i saw that

i thought it was great!

Retrieving 5 skulls, "breaking the cycle", afterlife was also originally called "purgatory mode"

"Purgatory is a cleansing that involves painful temporal punishment, associated with the idea of fire such as is associated with the idea of the eternal punishment of Hell."

seems like you move on when you break the cycle; hence, "life over" as opposed to "game over"

same betrayal with similar results, being that the betrayer lived, while the others may have perished.

collecting five skulls you can only see in the afterlife mode makes me think of that as well.

maybe this easter egg really IS helping the 4 out just as the second map pack with 4 one-time characters did one game hence.

next map, the tranzit 4 lighting one final spire to open purgatory to set the tale for the last map:
8 players; 4 new. 3 old and 1 spirit v.s 1 megalomaniacal dictator in a fight for the world.

that is an interesting theory to be sure.

doesnt the "jump scare" activate while looking towards one of the skulls?

to add to said theory, maybe its sam? or russman as some people theorize from the sign on tranzit.

"those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

one betrayer in each group? russman being the first suspect.
---
"Listen well! Be gone from here! I don't have time nor the patience to teach a mere infant like you how to breathe." - Captain Yamamoto
#25F_H_NukemPosted 4/18/2013 11:02:13 AM
CaptainYamamoto posted...
F_H_Nukem posted...
CyanicKnight posted...

LOL i saw that

i thought it was great!

that is an interesting theory to be sure.

doesnt the "jump scare" activate while looking towards one of the skulls?

to add to said theory, maybe its sam? or russman as some people theorize from the sign on tranzit.

"those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

one betrayer in each group? russman being the first suspect.

hmmm...............thats something i didnt really think about.

DOES the jump scare only show up when looking at the skulls? maybe its NOT a jump scare, but another piece of the puzzle............

maybe its more like the skulls are representation of the 5 people closest (i use that term loosely) to richtofen: Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Sam, and Maxis.

the puzzle could be more about freeing THEM from the cycle next, maybe with a possible last spire on the next map's EE.
---
#26ALLENO31Posted 4/18/2013 2:03:44 PM
When running in the dock area by the open windows that seem to be the generator room you can sometimes hear a harmonica playing.

Brutus is ferguson the guard you see getting murdered in the cut scene and hear on the headphones.
---
if you want to join the Bar With No Name just PM me :)
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s464/ALLENO31/A7l71fNCYAEJDA9.jpg
#27F_H_NukemPosted 4/18/2013 9:08:56 PM
info

the kevin sherwood EE song has code half way through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR6_J1IVvlg

someone translated it

"Seeing as they're grouped as codons, I'd think that they would code for specific amino acids and thus a protein, but UAA (ATT) means a stop: this is what I got: Isoleucine-Proline-Glycine-Val ine-Serine-Glycine Alanine-stop-Leucine-Leucine-S erine-Tryptophan; idk what it would make, or if it is even the way that it is supposed to be decoded, but make of it what you will"

im not sure what it makes, but it looks like it may have something to do with controlling what the body makes and its functions. a precursor to the ever going mystery of the zombies made by 115.

its probably explaining how zombies function with no food source and stuff of the like. but its all speculation as of now

does anyone know if there are any radios with info on this map hidden anywhere?
---
#28OneMillionKidsPosted 4/19/2013 12:09:54 AM
So was Brutus (the big zombie) the guy you hear stomping and rattling chains when you game over on die rise?
#29ALLENO31Posted 4/19/2013 12:19:51 AM
OneMillionKids posted...
So was Brutus (the big zombie) the guy you hear stomping and rattling chains when you game over on die rise?

Yes you also here a jail door shut
---
if you want to join the Bar With No Name just PM me :)
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s464/ALLENO31/A7l71fNCYAEJDA9.jpg
#30CaptainYamamotoPosted 4/20/2013 8:11:58 AM
F_H_Nukem posted...
hmmm...............thats something i didnt really think about.

DOES the jump scare only show up when looking at the skulls? maybe its NOT a jump scare, but another piece of the puzzle............

maybe its more like the skulls are representation of the 5 people closest (i use that term loosely) to richtofen: Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Sam, and Maxis.

the puzzle could be more about freeing THEM from the cycle next, maybe with a possible last spire on the next map's EE.

now THAT sounds fun!

most people want the old characters back.

lets hope its semi-true

ALLENO31 posted...
OneMillionKids posted...

Yes you also here a jail door shut

so what about MotD, what do you hear during the game over?
---
"Listen well! Be gone from here! I don't have time nor the patience to teach a mere infant like you how to breathe." - Captain Yamamoto