How the hell does the placing in League work?

#1jamejamePosted 4/18/2013 10:42:05 AM
I played solo, played about 10 games, won every game except for one because my team was honestly terrible, and had upwards of a 4 KD nearly every game I played, and yet only got gold. What the hell do you have to do to get platinum or master? I watch videos of masters playing, and a lot of the time they honestly did worse that I did. I see kids with terrible KDs and W/L in Gold and Plats all the time as well. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
#2SevenDayCandlePosted 4/18/2013 10:49:27 AM
The placing makes no real sense to me. The matchmaking makes no sense. Not much makes sense about League Play.

I know people who've played in a party of 2, yet one got platinum and one got bronze.
All that matters in League Play is winning btw, KD don't mean a damn thing.

I'm in the Masters Division and constantly get paired against a full party of masters, or something like 2 Masters and 2 Platinums, vs Me and 2 Bronze and an Iron...
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#3EvanW1109Posted 4/18/2013 11:12:20 AM
I also agree with this. I played 5 games in a party where we stomped the other teams and got put in Silver while the rest of the people were put into Platinum and Gold who hadn't been placed yet.

I find it all very odd and the work of an RNG.
#4roach06Posted 4/18/2013 11:47:44 AM
It takes into account your previous league rankings. So if you were masters in the last league, you will most likely get placed into platinum and then it only takes 1 win to get to masters again.

If you have no league experience. even if you go 30-0 and win all 5 placement matches, your still gonna get put in bronze or silver.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#5JonnywestsidePosted 4/18/2013 12:15:29 PM
League Play is an absolute joke, I worked my way uup to Master and just gave up it needs fixes FAST.

Host should migrate at halfway point, it's stupid that me and 3 other UK players have to play full matches on 1/2 bar because the host and his party are from France, Spain or even as far as Japan. Bad ping is one thing in Pubs but most players on League are top players and when they have 500+ ms on you then you might as well put your controller down. I know full well it's a connection because I play against the same people a lot and depending on the host I either trash them or get trashed. This issue alone takes away the competetive aspect.

The ranking system makes no sense at all, I lose 150 points for losing a game that was 4v1 from the first minute but I only get 30 for carrying a team of scrubs against a full party. It needs to take what happened in-game into account and sort points accordingly. Right now I'm 99.9% sure that it's completely random.

Whatever they did to the spawns last patch has completely messed up Hardpoint, before holding the spawns was the whole strategy of the game now it's almost completely random and luck-based and the team who gets the good start spawn usually wins. I've also had issues with guys spawning at the bottom of the ramps on Express CTF just after I've ran past.

They also need to track stats seperately, I've tanked my K/D from a 2.5 to a 1.96 in just over a week of playing nothing but League, it doesn't really bother me but I could see why this might put alot of people off playing regularly. I also attribute this as the reason some passively and camp a 12-6 without actively trying to win the game.
---
"U MAD?", "Get good" & "Use x perk" are legitimate responses to everything.