Nerf C4?

#41BipBapBamPosted 4/19/2013 2:00:10 AM(edited)
I'd make it so that you have to actually pull it out first before you can use it, like in BO1 so you can't just panic C4 everything around the corner.
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez
#42SevenDayCandlePosted 4/19/2013 1:55:38 AM
cheezstache posted...
It's fine all except for its max damage. I just hate working my way up to an AGR only to have it blown up by one lousy C4.

4 Semtex
2 or more EMP Grenades (depending how close they land, it's taken me 3 before)
or 1 C4.

C4 also takes out Sentries and Guardians in 1 throw. It's just absurd and I've said it from the start. They definitely need to do something about it. Why isn't it allowed in League Play if it's so perfectly balanced?

All you need to do well in this game is EMP + C4 + Scavenger. Just walk around lobbing them every which direction and you're bound to get your Care Packages with a Swarm, VSAT, and Lodestar.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#43Gman98310Posted 4/19/2013 2:22:01 AM
There is no reason to nerf the C4, use flak jacket for Christ sakes.
---
PSN: ShAdOw_GaBe FC: Gabriel 0390 7292 4154
MGO: XxHaZeLxX Clan: Red Berets
#44RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/19/2013 2:29:09 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
cheezstache posted...
It's fine all except for its max damage. I just hate working my way up to an AGR only to have it blown up by one lousy C4.

4 Semtex
or 1 C4.

C4 also takes out Sentries and Guardians in 1 throw. It's just absurd and I've said it from the start. They definitely need to do something about it. Why isn't it allowed in League Play if it's so perfectly balanced?

All you need to do well in this game is EMP + C4 + Scavenger. Just walk around lobbing them every which direction and you're bound to get your Care Packages with a Swarm, VSAT, and Lodestar.

Exaggerate much? Thats what is wrong with you, and everybody else that cries about it. This topic has been brought up so many times and its always the same overblown crap.

"you can toss the every which way and just rack up kills and get your loadstar". Is that really how it works? Is that why most only get a C4 kill one in every 4-5 tosses, and thats people who are fairly good with them.

"you can throw them sooo far". Really, is that why you cant even throw them across the middle deck on hijacked..... Ive heard clowns say "you can throw them across the map" LOL. Like I said earlier, you nerf them they'll be useless to toss up and over things to bust up campers. You can chuck a grenade double what you can a C4.

"you shouldnt be able to detonate unless its landed/placed/setup". Oh really... so you want a BF3 style everyone sits and camps C4 style game?

People also dont take into count how many times people die trying to toss a C4 and leave themselves exposed to gun fire.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#45SevenDayCandlePosted 4/19/2013 2:34:12 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
SevenDayCandle posted...
cheezstache posted...

4 Semtex
or 1 C4.

Exaggerate much? Thats what is wrong with you, and everybody else that cries about it. This topic has been brought up so many times and its always the same overblown crap.

"you can toss the every which way and just rack up kills and get your loadstar". Is that really how it works? Is that why most only get a C4 kill one in every 4-5 tosses, and thats people who are fairly good with them.

"you can throw them sooo far". Really, is that why you cant even throw them across the middle deck on hijacked..... Ive heard clowns say "you can throw them across the map" LOL. Like I said earlier, you nerf them they'll be useless to toss up and over things to bust up campers. You can chuck a grenade double what you can a C4.

"you shouldnt be able to detonate unless its landed/placed/setup". Oh really... so you want a BF3 style everyone sits and camps C4 style game?

People also dont take into count how many times people die trying to toss a C4 and leave themselves exposed to gun fire.

Herp Derpington, is that you?
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#46RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/19/2013 3:43:04 AM
pretty much what I thought you'd come back with. try harder next time, but dont hurt yourself.
---
#47JonnywestsidePosted 4/19/2013 4:06:48 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...

I know we've had this argument before but C4 is unbalanced. I'm not just saying this because I've been killed by it a lot, feel free to check my ELITE stats on GT - JONNYWESTSIDE and you will see I have a total of 9 deaths to it because I ALWAYS use Flak Jacket. My used:kills ratio is also closer to 2:1 than the 3/4:1 you suggested and I am by no means a great player.

For starters it can be thrown pretty far and detonated pretty quickly for something so powerful and can be thrown more precisely than frags or semtex. Of all the throwables it is by far the easiest to use, learning to throw it threw windows, doors and onto flags is pretty simple. Anyone who plays the game a decent amount will be aware of the best places to throw it. If everyone was smart and used FJ it wouldn't be too bad but 90% of players are idiots and will let it kill them repeatedly.

C4 spammers pretty much force you to use FJ because its the only way to survive, you can see frags and semtex coming aswell as the beeping from a semtex and you get a grenade indicator on your screen as well as you character screaming "GRENAAADE!" allowing you to get out of it's radius, unless it's a stick or well cooked/thrown which both require either some form of either skill or luck. Getting consistent kills with them is considerably harder than doing so with C4.

I don't want to see it removed since it's fun to use but it is definitely the easiest to use and most effective of all the lethals by some distance which is why it's considered unbalanced by so many. Try playing a few rounds of Dom, Hardpoint or Ground War against a few sweats without FJ and then might see where I'm coming from. The fact that Treyarch banned it from League despite FJ being avaliable and more desirable due to a lack of Ghost and Hardline must mean that they too consider it either too powerful or cheap. Go watch some high-kill YT gameplay by MARKOFJ or players of his nature and see Scavenger+C4 abuse at it's worst.
---
"U MAD?", "Get good" & "Use x perk" are legitimate responses to everything.
#48RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/19/2013 4:19:43 AM
It is the most effective CLOSE range explosive. So because it can be effective lets nerf it? Thats the problem with this COD community.

The FAL is better than the M27, lets nerf it

The Vector is the weakest SMG, so lets keep nerfing the others so they are all almost even.

Its annoying. Because C4 is effective at close range to toss up into windows and detonate on the spot we should nerf it. When there is a clear counter FLAK JACKET for it. You gotta pick your poison in this game. There's a ton of stuff that you may not like. If C4 or being blown up in general annoys you most use Flak Jacket. Lets not forget the benefits from flak arent just C4 MAKING YOU HAVE TO USE IT. Found out yesterday that Flak saved a guy from my Loadstar. Ive gotten hit markerz from my hunter killer. Saves you from random grenades, sticky grenades, etc... Lots of benefits for Flak. No reason to be so sour toward C4. Use Flak or dont.... but dont get upset over C4 when theres a clear counter. And dont come on here exaggerating.

peace
---
#49BeastlyIguanaPosted 4/19/2013 4:33:51 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
It is the most effective CLOSE range explosive. So because it can be effective lets nerf it? Thats the problem with this COD community.

The FAL is better than the M27, lets nerf it

The Vector is the weakest SMG, so lets keep nerfing the others so they are all almost even.

Its annoying. Because C4 is effective at close range to toss up into windows and detonate on the spot we should nerf it. When there is a clear counter FLAK JACKET for it. You gotta pick your poison in this game. There's a ton of stuff that you may not like. If C4 or being blown up in general annoys you most use Flak Jacket. Lets not forget the benefits from flak arent just C4 MAKING YOU HAVE TO USE IT. Found out yesterday that Flak saved a guy from my Loadstar. Ive gotten hit markerz from my hunter killer. Saves you from random grenades, sticky grenades, etc... Lots of benefits for Flak. No reason to be so sour toward C4. Use Flak or dont.... but dont get upset over C4 when theres a clear counter. And dont come on here exaggerating.

peace

Ready for a fun fact? Having a counter doesn't make something balanced. Why? Because C4 outclasses every other grenade in practically every way. (Excluding claymores, betties and the tomahawk.) C4...

Blows up instantly
Has a large radius
When looking at a 45 degree angle and jumping, can get it to go far
It sticks to things
And can be detonated later, if need be
Throws fast, really fast with fast hands
And you can double tap X to detonate it so you don't have to lower your gun

So what's the point of semtex even existing? A slighty farther throwing distance? Yay? What about frags? They take the longest to cook and are still not as powerful as C4. Why would you ever use them? For the bouncing affect? Yeah, lol. Good luck reliably doing that in a game as hyper-active as CoD.
---
Zu'u dojrahvon Dovahzul. Ahnok waan hi lusir daar!
#50FeelMyBladePosted 4/19/2013 5:18:29 AM
Hopefully Treyarch doesn't listen to these babies and leave C4 the way it is.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best CoDs: BLOPS2, CoD4! Love them!!!!