Put people who disconnect in the LP pre-game lobby on probation.

#11Aether_LyricPosted 4/19/2013 4:24:56 AM
Smallville_Fan posted...
Hiruseki posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
Yeah, because that's the reason. Nothing to do with the map being forced upon you. I'll tell you, if Turbine or Aftermath come up in LP, there's no chance I'm playing it. So you're saying I should be given probation for not liking the terrible maps and refusing to play them? **** off.

You're so dumb, I don't even know what to say, lmao.

You're the only idiot here. Punishing people for leaving a PRE-game lobby, lmao.

Judging by the fact that you think Turbine is in League, I don't think you've played it enough to understand why it's an issue.

The only way to back out in the pre-game lobby in league is to dashboard, which means Treyarch didn't intend for it to be allowed. League is a competitive ladder, and no competitive ladder in any game allows you to cherry-pick what opponent/rules you play.
#12mickylovefistPosted 4/19/2013 4:26:53 AM
Yesterday I was doing some LP CTF and about 30 seconds in to the match my team quit. Left me on my own against a clan of 4. I didn't quit I managed to capture 1 flag and got a lot more kills than the other team. If only my team stayed we could of won! Absolutely horrible!
---
PSN : BrotherMichael. Currently playing with virgins emotions.
#13Smallville_FanPosted 4/19/2013 4:50:59 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
Hiruseki posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
Yeah, because that's the reason. Nothing to do with the map being forced upon you. I'll tell you, if Turbine or Aftermath come up in LP, there's no chance I'm playing it. So you're saying I should be given probation for not liking the terrible maps and refusing to play them? **** off.

You're so dumb, I don't even know what to say, lmao.

You're the only idiot here. Punishing people for leaving a PRE-game lobby, lmao.

Judging by the fact that you think Turbine is in League, I don't think you've played it enough to understand why it's an issue.

The only way to back out in the pre-game lobby in league is to dashboard, which means Treyarch didn't intend for it to be allowed. League is a competitive ladder, and no competitive ladder in any game allows you to cherry-pick what opponent/rules you play.

I've played it in League, so they must've removed it since the last time I played it. Saying that, the mode is hardly competitive, so it was a while back. And I'm not saying it should allow you to pick, Jesus. I'm just saying people are free to leave if they don't like a map, but the TC is making out the only reason people leave is because they don't want to play against the people "on the same level". And that is an idiotic statement to make.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#14Aether_LyricPosted 4/19/2013 5:01:22 AM
Smallville_Fan posted...
I've played it in League, so they must've removed it since the last time I played it. Saying that, the mode is hardly competitive, so it was a while back. And I'm not saying it should allow you to pick, Jesus. I'm just saying people are free to leave if they don't like a map, but the TC is making out the only reason people leave is because they don't want to play against the people "on the same level". And that is an idiotic statement to make.

The League play maps are basically chosen by the competitive community, so there's really no "bad" maps. Anyone willing to skip a map should not be playing League in the first place. And yes it does allow you to pick because you can keep backing out until you get a map/mode/opponent that suits you, which is horribly uncompetitive.
#15Smallville_FanPosted 4/19/2013 5:11:18 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...

The League play maps are basically chosen by the competitive community, so there's really no "bad" maps. Anyone willing to skip a map should not be playing League in the first place. And yes it does allow you to pick because you can keep backing out until you get a map/mode/opponent that suits you, which is horribly uncompetitive.

Um...just because some of the community picked the maps doesn't mean they're enjoyable for everyone. And I disagree. Some people play League to play against similar skilled players. Not for the locked selection. And that's not picking. That's going into a different lobby.
---
#16Aether_LyricPosted 4/19/2013 5:48:58 AM
Smallville_Fan posted...
Um...just because some of the community picked the maps doesn't mean they're enjoyable for everyone. And I disagree. Some people play League to play against similar skilled players. Not for the locked selection. And that's not picking. That's going into a different lobby.

You don't seem to understand how competitive games work and what League is trying to achieve. The entire point of a ladder is to match you up with random players and rank you based on that. Bottom line is, there's a reason that Treyarch intentionally prevents people from backing out once you get a match.
#17Smallville_FanPosted 4/19/2013 5:53:21 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...

You don't seem to understand how competitive games work and what League is trying to achieve. The entire point of a ladder is to match you up with random players and rank you based on that. Bottom line is, there's a reason that Treyarch intentionally prevents people from backing out once you get a match.

As a person with a BSc in Games Design, yes, I do understand perfectly fine how competitive games work. People want to play against other people of similar skill. That doesn't mean they need to do it on a map they detest. Punishing people for leaving a pregame lobby will only further kill the sham that is LP.
---
#18Aether_LyricPosted 4/19/2013 6:25:21 AM
Smallville_Fan posted...
As a person with a BSc in Games Design, yes, I do understand perfectly fine how competitive games work. People want to play against other people of similar skill. That doesn't mean they need to do it on a map they detest. Punishing people for leaving a pregame lobby will only further kill the sham that is LP.

You're still ignoring the fact that this is the way Treyarch intended it to be. League play isn't designed for casual play where you can cherry-pick lobbies. If you did understand how competitive play works you'd honestly be able to grasp this concept pretty easily, it's how all ladders work
#19TimmotheussPosted 4/19/2013 6:43:22 AM
Joke topic. No aftermath for me for one, that map is downturn-atrocious. Furthermore, I'm not playing a full team of master if I only have 2 party members and a random, because its near impossible to win at that point.

3 masters, sure, party of 4 in a lower division, heck why not, but a full party in masters? Unless I also have a full party I'm not playing it.
---
GT: Pipnotiq
#20Smallville_FanPosted 4/19/2013 8:47:51 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...

You're still ignoring the fact that this is the way Treyarch intended it to be. League play isn't designed for casual play where you can cherry-pick lobbies. If you did understand how competitive play works you'd honestly be able to grasp this concept pretty easily, it's how all ladders work

Competitive play doesn't work over multiplayer in any game. It needs to be set up in a LAN party. So LP isn't truly competitive in this. And you're still not grasping the fact that people should not be punished for leaving before the game starts.
---