Zombies - Whats the appeal?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Zombies - Whats the appeal?
2 years ago#1
I tried playing zombies again after Mob of the Dead was released (i havent played since WaW zombies) but I just cant see where the fun comes from.

The game mode seems pretty popular so i was just wondering where the appeal is and whether its something I am missing. The zombies are not fun/satisfying to shoot at all (bullet sponges that just conga towards you), and there is no real randomisation to keep it interesting.

Is there something i am not seeing in my limited time with the game mode?

Cheers!
2 years ago#2
Remove the head or destroy the brain.
2 years ago#3
Its worth noting that i do love me some Zombie slaying. Some of my favourite games include dead rising, left 4 dead and dead island.
2 years ago#4
Honestly, if it weren't for my friends, I wouldn't enjoy it at all.

However, a night of sitting back, drinking and laughing with them makes it easily the most entertaining gameplay type ever, for me.

MP was fun for the first 2-3 months that I was able to tolerate the lag compensation, but now I play it very sparingly. I played the MP maps from the first DLC a grand total of about eight times (altogether, not each) and have yet to touch the ones for this new DLC.

Zombies is the sole reason I keep this game and, currently, the sole reason I still have a 360.

Honestly, I feel like most games these days are obnoxiously crappy*. :/

*Because GameFAQs doesn't allow a better adjective.
---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
2 years ago#5
SkytheWiz1 posted...

Honestly, I feel like most games these days are obnoxiously crappy :/

then you have a bad taste in games.
2 years ago#6
It makes a change from the other, different mindless killing on offer?
---
GT unpleasant milk
Comfortably numb by Pink Floyd - The most awesome song! PM if agree
2 years ago#7
They don't shoot back
2 years ago#8
Some people need weak AI to make them feel better when the human players become too much for them.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
Gamertag: BoilingKoolaid
2 years ago#9
Superman070776 posted...
Some people need weak AI to make them feel better when the human players become too much for them.

Ahhh he beat me to it.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
2 years ago#10
The same appeal as feeding a Pac-Man or Galaga machine. I swear, kids...
---
Games that need a new entry: Nightmare Creatures, Fear Effect, Gungrave, BloodRayne, Mirror's Edge, Primal Rage
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Zombies - Whats the appeal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived