C/D Care Packages should contain nothing above a Stealth Chopper

#1timilayas99Posted 4/19/2013 12:45:48 PM
C. SevenDayCandle I'm sorry about the EMP. :(
---
Go away.
#2GameMaster14GMPosted 4/19/2013 12:52:33 PM
i stole a swarm care package on TDM Encore yesterday. I wasnt excited that much because it wasnt an earned swarm and also because i was playing against an almost party and when i used the swarm they all camped inside buildings so i only got like 5-6 kills.

that being said, it is rather stupid to get anything above Stealth CHopper from the CP, it could be game breaking, but it IS banned from league/competitive play at the very least.
#3destructoclausPosted 4/19/2013 12:54:07 PM
D

They either shouldn't be in the game or should be left as is. Ask yourself, what the hell point would care packages serve if the only things they were going to yield you were streaks that were very near or below their point values?
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#4AlexanaxelaPosted 4/19/2013 12:56:53 PM
destructoclaus posted...
D

They either shouldn't be in the game or should be left as is. Ask yourself, what the hell point would care packages serve if the only things they were going to yield you were streaks that were very near or below their point values?

idk, what point do they serve now?
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#5timilayas99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 12:58:29 PM
destructoclaus posted...
D

Well a Chopper, Lightning Strike, AGR is quite decent. But come on, is it fair to the player that goes 30-2 and gets all the high streaks, just for someone to call in an EMP or Lodestar from a CP?
---
Go away.
#6DoNotPassGoPSMOPosted 4/19/2013 1:02:23 PM
I personally think they can contain everything but a VSAT, EMP, and Swarm.

Those things cannot be destroyed, and shouldn't be given.

I can shoot down/destroy anything else, so it's not really a problem. It may be an inconvenience, but not a huge problem. Dogs are the only thing I'm on the fence about, but they are pretty weak in this game.

Make the percentages basically (yes, rounded into groups):

UAV -> Hunter Killer = 50%
CUAV -> Dragonfire = 35%
AGR -> Warthog = 12%
Loadstar -> Dogs = 3%

Also, make the carepackage chopper travel into the map faster. However, if it is hit by a lock-on launcher before it comes to a complete stop above the drop location, the copter AND* the package are destoryed.
---
Petition for more Rush in Rock Band: 19 signatures
#7xo0Achilles0oxPosted 4/19/2013 1:05:13 PM
DoNotPassGoPSMO posted...
I personally think they can contain everything but a VSAT, EMP, and Swarm.

Those things cannot be destroyed, and shouldn't be given.

I can shoot down/destroy anything else, so it's not really a problem. It may be an inconvenience, but not a huge problem. Dogs are the only thing I'm on the fence about, but they are pretty weak in this game.

Make the percentages basically (yes, rounded into groups):

UAV -> Hunter Killer = 50%
CUAV -> Dragonfire = 35%
AGR -> Warthog = 12%
Loadstar -> Dogs = 3%

Also, make the carepackage chopper travel into the map faster. However, if it is hit by a lock-on launcher before it comes to a complete stop above the drop location, the copter AND* the package are destoryed.

Sounds good to me. Especially the part about destroying the CP chopper.
#8rodman870Posted 4/19/2013 1:08:45 PM
Why don't people do polls for C/Ds? It would give you a better idea of what people think.

Anyway D. The highest streaks are rare as can be from care packages, so every dog might as well have its day eventually.
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...
#9TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/19/2013 1:14:56 PM
timilayas99 posted...
destructoclaus posted...
D

Well a Chopper, Lightning Strike, AGR is quite decent. But come on, is it fair to the player that goes 30-2 and gets all the high streaks, just for someone to call in an EMP or Lodestar from a CP?

Care package has been in my lineup since release and I can count on one hand how many of those I got, COMBINED. Might as well complain about how winning the lottery is unfair to everyone else who works, while you're at it.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#10destructoclausPosted 4/19/2013 1:27:39 PM(edited)
timilayas99 posted...
destructoclaus posted...
D

If I want a chopper, AGR, or especially lightning strike, why the hell would I use a care package? I'd much rather just go for the respective streaks rather than gimp my overall game and score by wasting time with the care package. I personally think it should be out of the game entirely. But then again, I doubt that happens because not everyone that plays this game is capable of getting a swarm, and the care package makes that all possible. For the purpose of being a noob-friendly game that a monkey could pick up and play, it should stay in the game. Just going to have to take the enemies' lucky rolls with a grain of salt.

Besides, the high scorestreaks don't come up NEARLY enough in care packages to ever justify complaining about. Those who feel that they get VSAT care packages used against them "all the time" are simply not paying attention to the dozens upon dozens of UAV, CUAV, HKD, and death machine packages that come in every game.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634