for those who use a controller different from the stock wireless 360 controller

#1yay4pachirisuPosted 4/21/2013 1:02:54 AM
what controller do you have?

My controllers are great for half a year. Then the analog sticks become half-functional (ie. sometimes my guy will walk at half the speed, making it hard to sprint)
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png
#2supercoolisaacPosted 4/21/2013 1:17:31 AM
Scuf ravage. Pretty broken down though, need a new controller bad.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#3JVel91Posted 4/21/2013 1:24:39 AM
I use a wired controller.
---
NerdFAQs.
#4RobRoy316Posted 4/21/2013 1:55:02 AM
I got the "official" MLG controller for my birthday and it is great. Very durable with matching ps3 parts that you can change out and customize. The wiring is very well done, sort of a rope fabric, and it doesn't plug, it actually has a screw in for the cord. It has lasted me a little over nine months so far and I have yet to see any wear and tear besides a bit of rubber wear down on my thumb stick (which is easily replaceable since you can change them out)
---
A hero need not speak for himself, for the world shall speak for him when he dies... - CaptnAmerica86 PSN - CapnAmericaUSMG Xbox 360 GamerTag
#5Crack_FoxPosted 4/21/2013 1:58:42 AM
Any one use the Razer Sabretooth?

My controller has crapped out on me and will not let me sprint unless I run diagonally.
---
When life gives you lemons, throw them back.
#6yay4pachirisu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 2:04:07 AM
RobRoy316 posted...
I got the "official" MLG controller for my birthday and it is great. Very durable with matching ps3 parts that you can change out and customize.

I'm tempted to get one of these but i'll see how the next-gen consoles deal with current controllers
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png
#7White_Knight_01Posted 4/21/2013 2:22:08 AM
I used my launch controller up to about a year ago. the left analog seemed to have a load of dirt underneath it. I took it apart and cleaned it. I all those years had built up a serious around of dirt and grime. took me about a hour to properly clean it all out.

when I put it back together it still didn't feel right so I opened up the controller I had when I got the newer slim model. it felt weird because the analog stick would snap back to the center perfectly. I'm used to it now and I'm happy with it.

I don't understand why people buy 3rd party controllers most of the time they don't last as long and are not worth the money. the official is the best so stick with that and never buy hardware or accessories used.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD
#8RobRoy316Posted 4/21/2013 2:22:14 AM
Crack_Fox posted...
Any one use the Razer Sabretooth?

My controller has crapped out on me and will not let me sprint unless I run diagonally.

I had the razer onza and it crapped out on me the second time I used it.
---
A hero need not speak for himself, for the world shall speak for him when he dies... - CaptnAmerica86 PSN - CapnAmericaUSMG Xbox 360 GamerTag
#9Aether_LyricPosted 4/21/2013 2:29:37 AM
This is a little off topic, but on the subject of analog sticks being worn down, does anyone know any good methods to clean them out underneath? My left stick is basically destroyed, it's taken too much abuse from spamming the sprint button
#10White_Knight_01Posted 4/21/2013 2:51:55 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
This is a little off topic, but on the subject of analog sticks being worn down, does anyone know any good methods to clean them out underneath? My left stick is basically destroyed, it's taken too much abuse from spamming the sprint button

get the special screwdriver to open the controller. get some methylated spirits and some cotton buds and be prepared to clean like a madman.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD