Do you feel like you do worse on a bigger screen?

#11DemotivatingPosted 4/22/2013 2:17:42 AM
Madsprayer posted...
I've noticed most if not all "pros" use a small monitor. Why would a screen affect how you play?

IIRC it's harder to concentrate on the whole screen when it's larger.
#12dr_zombergPosted 4/22/2013 2:31:24 AM
im the opposite. the bigger the tv, the better i play.
on small screens i cant see that many details.

when i snipe, i stay completely idle and memorize the scenery. if something disturbs the scenery, i know its an enemy, then i promptly shoot at him. ive killed so many people trying to "camo" their way to me its not even funny.
i cant do this on smaller screens.
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
if my views are different than yours, heres my response: bite me
#13cifer520Posted 4/22/2013 2:44:53 AM
Nah action games are made for big tv's. But they give me headaches after a while so if I think I'll be playing a game all night I'll switch to my monitor.
#14NinjaDeath911Posted 4/22/2013 5:54:09 AM
Domino171717 posted...
I recently bought a 60inch LCD for the livingroom and moved the 50inch to my bedroom but I seem to do a lot better on the smaller screen has this happened to anyone else?

Your eyes will adjust after your kdr drops

I went from a 23" to a 54"

I was getting shot left and right. Didn't see anyone hiding in the left/right side of screens

It was overwhelming at first.
#15slaveanselmoPosted 4/22/2013 6:31:35 AM
MissElena posted...
Interesting, as I recently bought a Porsche Cayenne but I fear the car remote's signal is messing with my wireless controller's connectivity....

I think you misspelled Volkswagen Toureg there..
---
Ask me if I care about karma..
#16slaveanselmoPosted 4/22/2013 6:34:01 AM
Also, I've only played this on a puny 40 incher. I think larger TVs are just dumb. But I don't have cable or watch movies so..
---
Ask me if I care about karma..
#17Juzten76Posted 4/22/2013 7:42:21 AM
Madsprayer posted...
I've noticed most if not all "pros" use a small monitor. Why would a screen affect how you play?

If you have a 32inch screen you have less space to scan with your eyes. So something like a 70 or 80 inch tv would really slow down your reaction time because a guy might pop out on the left while you're looking to the right depending on how far back you're sitting.
#18SevenDayCandlePosted 4/22/2013 7:54:28 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-W-Series-KDL-52W4100-52-Inch/dp/B0017Q8B70

That's what I have... I do a bit better on a smaller screen though.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#19Centium76Posted 4/22/2013 9:55:33 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Madsprayer posted...

If you have a 32inch screen you have less space to scan with your eyes. So something like a 70 or 80 inch tv would really slow down your reaction time because a guy might pop out on the left while you're looking to the right depending on how far back you're sitting.

THIS.

I thought it would be cool to play on a 112" screen till I actually tried it. You simply can't pay attention to the entirety of the screen with something that size. When you look to one side of the screen, something happens on the opposite side and you may not notice it fast enough. I've found that playing on a 32" LED screen tends to be the best for me when playing FPS's.
#20Doktor_KaboomPosted 4/22/2013 9:59:37 AM
Centium76 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Madsprayer posted...

THIS.

I thought it would be cool to play on a 112" screen till I actually tried it. You simply can't pay attention to the entirety of the screen with something that size. When you look to one side of the screen, something happens on the opposite side and you may not notice it fast enough. I've found that playing on a 32" LED screen tends to be the best for me when playing FPS's.

is this hyperbole or did you legit play on a 112" screen. How did you get your hands on a behemoth like that?
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.