MW2 was the peak of CoD. Many of you know this, others are now learning.

#101arena11Posted 4/24/2013 10:06:52 PM
flame030191 posted...
I felt MW3 was best of post-CoD4.

That said, I feel the worst games IW made still are better than the best CoDs 3arc made.

The company that made MW3 is different than the guys who made MW1/2.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#102flame030191Posted 4/24/2013 10:08:28 PM
arena11 posted...
flame030191 posted...
I felt MW3 was best of post-CoD4.

That said, I feel the worst games IW made still are better than the best CoDs 3arc made.

The company that made MW3 is different than the guys who made MW1/2.

Not entirely. About half of the IW staff stayed from what I've read. Definitely not all left.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#103BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:40:58 PM
SkilzMC posted...
BrownPack posted...
SkilzMC posted...
Well the Nuke made all objective modes just TDM with fixed spawns. You can mortar OMA/DC across the map and make flags uncappable. That breaks game modes. It's definitely the best for FFA and sometimes TDM. I really think people love it soo much just because this was the time when their interest in CoD peaked if they started with CoD4.

On the contrary, people who love MW2 still follow the series to this day. They just have MW2 as their favorite. The thing that people love so much about MW2 are:

-Maps
-Weapon selection
-NETCODING
-Stopping Power.

Those few things alone were very important to a lot of people. I'm sure if every game BO and later had at least 1/2 of those things, MW2 wouldn't be loved as much.

Those are all preference things except for netcoding. But just go play MW2 nobody is stopping you.

I don't think you really know what preference means. Maps, yeah, that can be preference. If the guns are preference, then almost everyone prefers MW2's guns out of the whole series. But Netcoding is definitely not, and Stopping Power is almost a big no because of the amount of Balance it added into the game.
#104SkilzMCPosted 4/24/2013 10:45:11 PM
BrownPack posted...
SkilzMC posted...
BrownPack posted...
SkilzMC posted...
Well the Nuke made all objective modes just TDM with fixed spawns. You can mortar OMA/DC across the map and make flags uncappable. That breaks game modes. It's definitely the best for FFA and sometimes TDM. I really think people love it soo much just because this was the time when their interest in CoD peaked if they started with CoD4.

On the contrary, people who love MW2 still follow the series to this day. They just have MW2 as their favorite. The thing that people love so much about MW2 are:

-Maps
-Weapon selection
-NETCODING
-Stopping Power.

Those few things alone were very important to a lot of people. I'm sure if every game BO and later had at least 1/2 of those things, MW2 wouldn't be loved as much.

Those are all preference things except for netcoding. But just go play MW2 nobody is stopping you.

I don't think you really know what preference means. Maps, yeah, that can be preference. If the guns are preference, then almost everyone prefers MW2's guns out of the whole series. But Netcoding is definitely not, and Stopping Power is almost a big no because of the amount of Balance it added into the game.

Who is this "almost everyone" and not everyone agrees stopping power is a good thing. since it's pretty much a MUST as a perk when it was in the game it was too powerful for its tier.
---
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#105arena11Posted 4/25/2013 12:31:42 AM
bump.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#106BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 2:22:27 AM
SkilzMC posted...
Who is this "almost everyone" and not everyone agrees stopping power is a good thing. since it's pretty much a MUST as a perk when it was in the game it was too powerful for its tier.

That almost everyone is this board. Yeah, I guess my sample size is rather small. But still, almost everyone I've heard on this board, even some haters of MW2 would say that the primary weapon selection of MW2 is the best so far. And you know those people who don't want stopping power in? Yeah, many of them regret that decision, because the stealth perk runs rampant nowadays. One of my major points about why CoD has been declining in every game after MW2.

And no, only an idiot would think Stopping Power was "pretty much a MUST" You know who thinks that? The same people who complain about killstreaks being OP. Cold Blooded is JUST as good, if not even better. I don't get the mentality that many people have about Stopping Power. It's almost as if people thought it was a requirement in order to kill people. That is why the weapon selection was the best in MW2, there are guns that are so powerful that they didn't even need stopping power, but yet they could compete just fine against people who were using stopping Power.
#107masterkittPosted 4/25/2013 2:24:17 AM
I've been saying for years MW2 was the best one bar none. I always end up going back to it at some time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hjtZPUo.gif http://i.imgur.com/ZLIEOmW.gif http://i.imgur.com/57Gc3Bt.gif
#108NotoriousIyPosted 4/25/2013 3:49:10 AM
I_End_Zombies posted...
MW2 can never be considered the best for it spawned 'Wasteland', the worst COD map of all time.

Wasteland is a remade map from one of IW's original CoD games.
---
CMWABME + SCFTAOGAP + C.O.K.
#109BeastlyIguanaPosted 4/25/2013 5:26:09 AM
Mander1861 posted...
The best part is you are essentially arguing about which Michael Bay movie is better.

Hail, Mander!
---
Zu'u fund zahrahmiik dimaar fah Mander. Hail, Mander!
#110BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 1:21:08 PM
masterkitt posted...
I've been saying for years MW2 was the best one bar none. I always end up going back to it at some time.

When the first BO came out, I played it for like a month, but when I already saw how it didn't perform as smoothly as MW2, I went back, and only occasionally played BO. Same with MW3. When I played that, and saw that it sucked, went back again. Tradition still continues now.