MW2 was the peak of CoD. Many of you know this, others are now learning.

#111Keyblade9000Posted 4/25/2013 6:54:14 PM
Bump
---
Not changing my sig 'till Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.
Started 2-14-13
#112alphabg59Posted 4/25/2013 8:38:12 PM
I'll agree MW2 still plays the smoothest and I loved the 3rd person mode to shake things up, but the killstreak bonanza ruined it for me. I'm sad at how bad the maps, spawning, and lag have gotten after MW2.

W@W is still my favorite in the series, great maps, cool/goofy WW2 guns, great announcers, War.
---
Gallium: Melts in your hand, hopefully not your mouth.
CRA FC: 4983 1497 2581
#113SkilzMCPosted 4/25/2013 8:49:55 PM
BrownPack posted...
SkilzMC posted...
Who is this "almost everyone" and not everyone agrees stopping power is a good thing. since it's pretty much a MUST as a perk when it was in the game it was too powerful for its tier.

That almost everyone is this board. Yeah, I guess my sample size is rather small. But still, almost everyone I've heard on this board, even some haters of MW2 would say that the primary weapon selection of MW2 is the best so far. And you know those people who don't want stopping power in? Yeah, many of them regret that decision, because the stealth perk runs rampant nowadays. One of my major points about why CoD has been declining in every game after MW2.

And no, only an idiot would think Stopping Power was "pretty much a MUST" You know who thinks that? The same people who complain about killstreaks being OP. Cold Blooded is JUST as good, if not even better. I don't get the mentality that many people have about Stopping Power. It's almost as if people thought it was a requirement in order to kill people. That is why the weapon selection was the best in MW2, there are guns that are so powerful that they didn't even need stopping power, but yet they could compete just fine against people who were using stopping Power.

I don't understand how anyone can complain about Ghost in its current form. It's the most neutered it could possibly be without it not existing at all. A perk is NEEDED to count UAV. Stopping power was not always a MUST, but you were putting yourself at a disadvantage in almost every gunfight if you didn't run it. While cold blooded's stealth could give you that advantage, it also left you vulnerable in head to head gunfights.

I'm not saying MW2 doesn't have its merits. But the problems such as OMA/DC and Commando, don't get negated by those good points.
---
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#114BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 9:28:50 PM
SkilzMC posted...
I don't understand how anyone can complain about Ghost in its current form. It's the most neutered it could possibly be without it not existing at all. A perk is NEEDED to count UAV. Stopping power was not always a MUST, but you were putting yourself at a disadvantage in almost every gunfight if you didn't run it. While cold blooded's stealth could give you that advantage, it also left you vulnerable in head to head gunfights.

What do you mean a perk is needed to count UAV?

And a strong no about Stopping Power. In CoD, most if not all kills, you kill people because you had the drop on them. There is a very VERY small chance you will see someone and the two of you will fire at the same time. The way this game is, you usually kill people before they even have a chance to ADS. Even without SP, you can kill someone before they have a chance to realistically react. Stopping Power ONLY really made a difference if you two were firing at the same exact time, which was almost never, or if you're trying to take out a group of enemies, which wasn't all the time either.

Stopping Power was only truly required for Sniper Rifles, Handguns, and weaker automatics. That was about it. Shotguns only needed it if you were trying to kill at the edge of it's effective range.

I'm not saying MW2 doesn't have its merits. But the problems such as OMA/DC and Commando, don't get negated by those good points.

OMA/DC definitely was bad. Commando wasn't bad at all unless there was a really bad host. Even if the host was good, and you got killed, be realistic. The guy had better reflexes than you. Commando was still balanced in the sense that without Ninja, your footsteps are loud as hell. I still don't see why many complain about Commando.

OMA/DC doesn't get negated for sure, but everything else does. And even though OMA/DC is the absolute biggest broken thing in the entire game, MW2 having the BEST netcoding of the entire series along with one of the most interesting and balanced weapon variety is enough reason for me to play it.
#115jumbocatPosted 4/25/2013 9:39:24 PM
Yeah they do.

People only think that SP is essential because it had a measurable effect to damage. The values of light weight, cold-blooded and hard line are far less tangible and thus people tend to under estimate their worth. Merely improving your accuracy by a small amount is enough to compensate for lack of stopping power anyway. That said, silenced weapons felt gimped without SP though I'd argue that is a positive thing from a balance point of view.
---
ED
AC
#116flame030191Posted 4/25/2013 9:59:30 PM
NotoriousIy posted...
I_End_Zombies posted...
MW2 can never be considered the best for it spawned 'Wasteland', the worst COD map of all time.

Wasteland is a remade map from one of IW's original CoD games.

3arc is very guilty of doing the same things.

Until after people played the map, they promised Hazard was a completely new map made for Black Ops. Then they admitted they "took some parts from Cliffside from World at War" to make the map. In the end, it was essentially how Studio is to Firing Range: just a reskin set in a different place.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#117flame030191Posted 4/25/2013 10:02:14 PM
As for the stopping power debate, I feel people miss it because before it was removed, weapons actually killed very quickly, now people are wasting 30 rounds to kill one or two enemies. It would take more balancing work to make a game that earned kills fast but without everything being insta-kill weapons. As is, IW and 3arc did decent with the weapons feel for them not having the perk.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#118SkilzMCPosted 4/25/2013 10:32:08 PM
BrownPack posted...
SkilzMC posted...

What do you mean a perk is needed to count UAV?

And a strong no about Stopping Power. In CoD, most if not all kills, you kill people because you had the drop on them. There is a very VERY small chance you will see someone and the two of you will fire at the same time. The way this game is, you usually kill people before they even have a chance to ADS. Even without SP, you can kill someone before they have a chance to realistically react. Stopping Power ONLY really made a difference if you two were firing at the same exact time, which was almost never, or if you're trying to take out a group of enemies, which wasn't all the time either.

Stopping Power was only truly required for Sniper Rifles, Handguns, and weaker automatics. That was about it. Shotguns only needed it if you were trying to kill at the edge of it's effective range.

OMA/DC definitely was bad. Commando wasn't bad at all unless there was a really bad host. Even if the host was good, and you got killed, be realistic. The guy had better reflexes than you. Commando was still balanced in the sense that without Ninja, your footsteps are loud as hell. I still don't see why many complain about Commando.

OMA/DC doesn't get negated for sure, but everything else does. And even though OMA/DC is the absolute biggest broken thing in the entire game, MW2 having the BEST netcoding of the entire series along with one of the most interesting and balanced weapon variety is enough reason for me to play it.

*Counter
---
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#119BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 1:15:26 AM
jumbocat posted...
Yeah they do.

People only think that SP is essential because it had a measurable effect to damage. The values of light weight, cold-blooded and hard line are far less tangible and thus people tend to under estimate their worth. Merely improving your accuracy by a small amount is enough to compensate for lack of stopping power anyway. That said, silenced weapons felt gimped without SP though I'd argue that is a positive thing from a balance point of view.

The effects of light weight and cold-blooded are only less tangible to people who don't use them in my opinion. Maybe lightweight is less useful, but come on, saying Cold Blooded is far less tangible is practically an insult. Not appearing on the radar at all and also not needing to ever really hide from killstreaks does a lot for you. For people who always use SP, once a UAV goes up, they have to make sure they stay on the move so that enemies can't find them. With Cold Blooded, it's pretty much up to you if you get found or not unless you are using an un-silenced weapon.

Your accuracy is only needed for like 5-7 bullets (realistically speaking, because you probably won't land all shots unless using the ACR) with SP. Without SP, accuracy is needed for like 8-12 maybe. Still, even when it requires more than 10 bullets, considering how this game works of nearly every kill being a result of someone getting the drop on another, you can probably empty half to 2/3 of a full mag of an auto weapon before the enemy has the chance to react.

And yes, silenced weapons not using SP were typically bad unless using a higher-powered weapon, but then again, that's balance for you. Pick what you want, give up what you feel you need less of. No class is perfect, but you can always make the best of what you have.

Again, I feel SP is only an absolute must have for snipers and weaker weapons. And that is balance if you ask me.
#120BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 1:18:25 AM
flame030191 posted...
As for the stopping power debate, I feel people miss it because before it was removed, weapons actually killed very quickly, now people are wasting 30 rounds to kill one or two enemies. It would take more balancing work to make a game that earned kills fast but without everything being insta-kill weapons. As is, IW and 3arc did decent with the weapons feel for them not having the perk.

People do miss Stopping Power indeed. The thing is though, it's presence meant tough decisions. Usually people were stupid and only picked it though, and then complained about killstreaks. It really was fine as is in MW2. Either:

Offensive Class - Stopping Power
Defensive/Evasive Class - Cold Blooded