MW2 was the peak of CoD. Many of you know this, others are now learning.

#141AlphaLeader88Posted 4/27/2013 12:53:35 PM
Zombies do not make the game...
#142arena11Posted 4/27/2013 1:45:52 PM
AlphaLeader88 posted...

They don't.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#143BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:48:07 PM
arena11 posted...
AlphaLeader88 posted...

They don't.

I hope you read my long and thoughtful post. lol.
#144arena11Posted 4/28/2013 4:15:34 AM
BrownPack posted...
arena11 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9O9RDQ_yA

This commentary tells the truth.

Truthful indeed. More people need to learn how the series is falling apart.

that aside,

Want to know the reason why I really think MW2 is the best?

-Think of this-

From MW2 to BO, what has been changed? What has been nerfed, what has been added? But let's focus more on what was nerfed.
-Shotguns have been nerfed (They were weakened, and were made as secondaries)
-Quickscoping has been nerfed
-There are no machine pistols
-Cold Blooded was reduced to Ghost
-Stopping Power was removed
-Explosives can't be replenished except for hand thrown grenades

From BO to MW3, what has been nerfed?
-Ghost has been split into Assassin and Blind Eye
-Shotguns suck even more (sans the Striker)
-Marathon was reduced and reverted back to Extreme Conditioning
-Lightweight has been removed

From MW3 to BO2, what has been nerfed?
-Ghost now requires movement to take effect
-Assassin from MW3 is now split into "Hardwired," "Ghost," and "Cold Blooded"
-NO PRO PERKS
-Scavenger doesn't allow you to start with max ammo
-Extreme Conditioning from MW3 is split into BO2's "Extreme Conditioning" and "Dexterity"
-Sitrep from MW3 is split into BO2's "Awareness" and "Engineer"

Now, from Cod4 to MW2, what has been nerfed?
-Removal of Juggernaut
-Desert Eagle

Instead of focusing so hard on "nerfing" things like CoD developers have been doing since the first BO, the old IW just let it all out in the creativity department, and just added on LOTS of multiplayer content. It ended up being, and I'll say it, the BEST balanced and most fun CoD to date. There is absolutely NO reason to hate MW2 unless you suck at it. Honestly. I've heard many people who play the game say that MW2 is a game where you get easily punished, but if you can get a hang of things, it is the best one ever made.

The devolution of COD has been quite sad. I honestly believe that Treyarch should have ignored the community and copied Respawn's tactics in MW2 for BO1. Instead we got a boring stealth fest of a game. So many people chose to use the stinger as a secondary, due to lack of decent secondary weapons to rely on. I rather see shotgun secondaries and didn't care if my streaks were shot down in MW2 since that player had to make sacrifices to shoot down air support rather it being the obvious choice.

Few will admit this, but the BB honestly changed the game more than any streak in MW2, if a party of 6 ran it, it pretty much guaranteed a chain of them, thus essentially making it impossible to lose at that point, the same result as a tactical nuke. At least the nuke had the possibility of ending the game early, while the BB just ensured more killwhoring, thus the massive influx of 100+ kill gameplays during BO1.

Following the design philosophy of BO2 and using pick 10, if any CaC item is nerfed to beyond the point of uselessness, why bother picking it? That mentality could be applied to say the SMGs or the semi-autos, which have been heavily nerfed since release. Another good example would be the Kap-40s, the player has to sacrifice precision to gain an extra 15 rounds and can't use another attachment, but since the nerf, there's no point. Instead of nerfing, Treyarch should be buffing unpopular items, such as the M27 or even the Peacekeeper.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#145Meguel13Posted 4/28/2013 4:36:52 AM
MW2 was the lowest point the series ever reached... I went from playing MW to MW2 (skipped WaW) and the MW2 was massively worse. BO1 was substantially better whilst MW3 was only a slight improvement on MW2... BO2 is a slightly worse game then BO1.
---
PSN: Meguel13
Currently Playing: FIFA 13
#146bigbug1992Posted 4/28/2013 8:26:39 AM
BrownPack posted...

lol, MOST people loving W@w? not at all. There's definitely a population here that likes it, but that population is clearly not as big as the people who like BO, BO2, MW2, or Cod4.

Most of them didn't play it actually, because the thought of another WW2 shooter turned them off. Most people who played World at War thought it was great. And my point still stands that at this time last year, tons of people were loving it like it was canned sex or something.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#147AphoristicPosted 4/28/2013 9:17:05 AM
I love seeing the people who absolutely think that MW2 had good netcode.

Spoilers: It lagged as much as any of them.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#148BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 11:41:01 AM
Meguel13 posted...
MW2 was the lowest point the series ever reached... I went from playing MW to MW2 (skipped WaW) and the MW2 was massively worse. BO1 was substantially better whilst MW3 was only a slight improvement on MW2... BO2 is a slightly worse game then BO1.

I love how people always just say one or another game is the worst without ever having some sort of explanation as to why.

Aphoristic posted...

Too bad it had the best netcoding. Too bad your discount internet connection wasn't able to show you how good it truly was.
#149AphoristicPosted 4/28/2013 12:26:42 PM
BrownPack posted...
Aphoristic posted...

Too bad it had the best netcoding. Too bad your discount internet connection wasn't able to show you how good it truly was.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951944-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2?search=lag
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#150arena11Posted 4/28/2013 2:26:23 PM
Aphoristic posted...
BrownPack posted...
Aphoristic posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951944-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2?search=lag

Those people had walmart internet.
---