Bloodthirsty Advice Please?

#1sphixxPosted 4/24/2013 12:17:17 AM
I'm not the best sniper but having trouble getting the bloodthirstys for the DSR. Havent even looked at the other sniper rifles yet. I'm not the best player but by no means am I rubbish. I normally stick with AR's & SMG's but trying to use guns I don't normally give a decent go to. I've managed to get all camos for the DSR but struggling with Bloodthirstys.
Any tips, class set ups, game modes, anything that would help me get through grinding this thing out to Gold?
Thanks
#2Aether_LyricPosted 4/24/2013 12:21:17 AM
Camp in a building the way a sniper is meant to be used. But generally there are no tips for bloodthirsties, it's all about getting better at the game or getting used to the gun
#3EvanW1109Posted 4/24/2013 12:21:41 AM
Domination is good, find a good lane and watch B Flag. Since it is normally well contested (depending on the teams), you can usually get kills and not be targeted from long range.

I'd suggest Ballistic CPU and FMJ for attachments.
Blind Eye (mostly for the pesky hunter killers)
Cold Blooded (Anti-TF and Lodestar/VTOL)
Your Choice

Shock Chargex2

You don't need a lethal here, it may ruin your streak, same goes for secondary but it is your choice. Place the shock charges as an early warning system, and camp it out. Fill out the rest of the pick 10 as you see fit, but your main focus is survivability and killing only with the sniper rifle.
#4GL17CHPosted 4/24/2013 12:21:59 AM
suppressor ghost
#5thesageunowknowPosted 4/24/2013 12:23:07 AM
Don't drink blood for awhile.
---
http://shannaro.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/picture-
http://cheezburger.com/7335144960
#6sphixx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 12:26:11 AM
thesageunowknow posted...
Don't drink blood for awhile.

But it's my favourite . . . . (does the Hannibal Lecter slurpy thing)
#7MrB730Posted 4/24/2013 12:47:43 AM
I thought maybe a silencer would help keep me hidden to get blood thirsties easier, but then the gun did dick damage. Blood thirsty is the only thing i need on all my snipers still.
---
Thou shall not ragequit. - Commandment # 11
#8webbc99Posted 4/24/2013 6:47:30 AM(edited)
My advice is politely ask someone to watch your back while you snipe, or just follow someone around. Learn to kill people at close/med range with the sniper rifle, and if your buddy (aka meatshield) gets a bullet to the face, use that time to one-shot the guy that killed him.

Tbh, I was doing pretty well with the Ballista and DSR before I took about a week off from the game, and now I am back to being absolutely terrible again.

Easiest Bloodthirsty "spot" imo is on Grind, from the top of C where the locker room is, looking down towards the door into B and the sniper spot. People always climb up there and come running into that huge open line of sight, it's very easy to get a bloodthirsty there if you have someone watching your back.

Edit: Should say when I go on crazy streaks with the sniper rifle, I usually use UAV, Guardian, Sentry Gun, and I use the Guardian and Sentry Gun to protect me from different pathways.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls
#9sphixx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 12:02:06 AM
webbc99 posted...
My advice is politely ask someone to watch your back while you snipe, or just follow someone around. Learn to kill people at close/med range with the sniper rifle, and if your buddy (aka meatshield) gets a bullet to the face, use that time to one-shot the guy that killed him.

Tbh, I was doing pretty well with the Ballista and DSR before I took about a week off from the game, and now I am back to being absolutely terrible again.

Easiest Bloodthirsty "spot" imo is on Grind, from the top of C where the locker room is, looking down towards the door into B and the sniper spot. People always climb up there and come running into that huge open line of sight, it's very easy to get a bloodthirsty there if you have someone watching your back.

Edit: Should say when I go on crazy streaks with the sniper rifle, I usually use UAV, Guardian, Sentry Gun, and I use the Guardian and Sentry Gun to protect me from different pathways.

Will give your ideas a go, thanks.
#10mickylovefistPosted 4/25/2013 12:47:40 AM
Well... I had the exact same problem last night with the XPR-50. I kept on getting to 4 kills and dying a total BS death! It was making me rage pretty bad! Anyway after getting 1 bloodthirsty in like 10 games I decided to try the NOOBIEST THING EVER

Assault shield
Sniper of choice with dual band

Flak jacket
Cold blooded
Tac mask

Overkill
Shock charge x 2

Basically I was sitting in a corner of the map in free for all headglitching behind my shield. I got the bloodthirsties in about 7 matches and omg the rage I was inducing on people was epic! EPIC! I felt horrible though because it is really nooby.

TL;dr a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!
---
You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire... If you know what I mean.