I never bought how people could manipulate lag comp in their favor.

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 4/24/2013 10:23:34 AM
...Up until I became friends with this one guy a while back. (incoming pointless rambling) He claims to be savvy at tech stuff, but more importantly, his connection is by far the most consistently compensated connection I have ever seen, all while having an internet speed that is pretty much average. He won't formally admit it, but he has implied that he does something more than just once.

I'm not sure how he does it, but he maintains a 3-bar almost all the time, even though his upload and download speeds are in the 30's. Though people on these boards have claimed many times that simply sabotaging your bandwith is all that is needed, that has never worked for me before. The only time I have noticed that I fully received benefits of lag comp, was when I was at a friend's house who has an internet speed that is almost the exact same as mine. The difference was that my friend's router was all the way at the other side of the house, and maybe that had something to do with me getting compensated. It was awesome.

So...if you're not bored of this topic yet, what exactly IS going on with lag comp and how it functions?
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#2ronXwhitePosted 4/24/2013 10:26:00 AM(edited)
There is no lag comp in this game.

Lag comp is what you see in MW3 where even if you're the host of a lobby, you'll still have a 3 bar if someone is on the other side of the United States.

In this game, the connection shafts the person in New York if you're on a California host or vice versa.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - Proud Member of RedScreen
My first 100+ gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRY8au3ourk
#3SevenDayCandlePosted 4/24/2013 10:29:41 AM
ronXwhite posted...

Lag comp is what you see in MW3 where even if you're the host of a lobby, you'll still have a 3 bar if someone is on the other side of the United States.

In this game, the connection shafts the person in New York if you're on a California host or vice versa.

Explain to me why I get destroyed by players from Venezuela on their 2 and 3bar connections when I am the host and live in NJ then? Shot around corners, shot by people who I've never seen appear on my screen, etc. Where the whole game feels like I'm 1 second behind them, when I should be the one with an advantage since I'm the host and the only person on a 4bar connection.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#4ronXwhitePosted 4/24/2013 10:31:25 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
ronXwhite posted...

Explain to me why I get destroyed by players from Venezuela on their 2 and 3bar connections when I am the host and live in NJ then? Shot around corners, shot by people who I've never seen appear on my screen, etc. Where the whole game feels like I'm 1 second behind them, when I should be the one with an advantage since I'm the host and the only person on a 4bar connection.

Because you're bad.
---
#5SevenDayCandlePosted 4/24/2013 10:38:21 AM
ronXwhite posted...
SevenDayCandle posted...
ronXwhite posted...

Because you're bad.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a person who obviously has no clue what they are talking about and has nothing intellectual to add to the conversation or respond with. Instead, he uses a generic statement with a partial sentence to try to make up for it.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#6BgSoAPosted 4/24/2013 10:43:24 AM
Drift0r posted a video explaining lag a bit ago. If I wasn't at work I would post it for you. Check it out, it's informative.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#7Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:58:17 AM
BgSoA posted...
Drift0r posted a video explaining lag a bit ago. If I wasn't at work I would post it for you. Check it out, it's informative.

Will do. Thanks.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#8ronXwhitePosted 4/24/2013 11:07:25 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
ronXwhite posted...
SevenDayCandle posted...
ronXwhite posted...

Because you're bad.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a person who obviously has no clue what they are talking about and has nothing intellectual to add to the conversation or respond with. Instead, he uses a generic statement with a partial sentence to try to make up for it.

Does losing gunfights and then blaming the connection of the game make you good, then?

I prefer to not believe 100% of my deaths are bulls***, but that's just me not knowing what I'm talking about and having nothing intellectual to add to this conversation.

Stop challenging people in situations where you won't be able to win a gunfight and maybe you'll notice an improvement in your obviously bad gameplay.
---
#9karmaapainPosted 4/24/2013 11:08:18 AM
ronXwhite posted...

This is completely wrong
---
GT: Spoon Slap U
#10karmaapainPosted 4/24/2013 11:18:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]