Can I use my prestige token to permanently unlock a weapon?

#1thunderl1psPosted 4/25/2013 7:50:00 AM
topic
#2Webmaster4531Posted 4/25/2013 7:50:27 AM
Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.
#3Webmaster4531Posted 4/25/2013 7:57:48 AM
I recommend permanent unlocking perks first and then it's a toss up between guns or tact insert if you like games like demolition and domination.

I did Dead Silent first, then Flak Jacket, Scavenger, Tact Insert, and finally Scar-H.
#4FistersaurusPosted 4/25/2013 8:09:43 AM
If you're not that fussed about getting challenges for the guns etc then by all means pick your favourite gun that you are going to use ALL the time.

I did unlock the AN-94 though because it's my 'go-to' gun. But, like the guy above said - I wouldn't recommend it... I find it's good to mix the guns up as you level up to keep it interesting (my opinion).

It doesn't take long to prestige and you'll find that you'll unlock most of the guns after no time anyway. I'd use it for things that unlock at around lvl40 - 50. E.g. perks (ghost / scavenger) / scoresteaks (VSAT) / equipment (C4 / Tac-insert).
#5SinCityKidPosted 4/25/2013 8:16:00 AM
I don't like to either. It's much easier to live without a certain gun than it is a perk or C4. AN-94 I think would be the only exception, but that's still a toss up.....theres several guns to choose from in the meantime but a perk/c4/vsat is irreplaceable.

Webmaster4531 posted...
did Dead Silent first, then Flak Jacket, Scavenger, Tact Insert, and finally Scar-H.
No C4? I just reset and miss it so much. Ghost too.
#6thunderl1ps(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 8:27:17 AM
why not? I don't mind prestiging, but my favorite gun in this game is the AN94 and I want to always have it unlocked. It brings me more value than anything else.
#7SnickleseedPosted 4/25/2013 8:34:58 AM
thunderl1ps posted...
why not? I don't mind prestiging, but my favorite gun in this game is the AN94 and I want to always have it unlocked. It brings me more value than anything else.

Go for it. I unlocked it and don't regret it.

It's a hell of a lot better than being stuck with the stupid MTAR for the first 20 levels
---
i report trolls
#8SinCityKidPosted 4/25/2013 8:37:42 AM
thunderl1ps posted...

Go for it, the AN-94 is definitely worthy if you're a heavy AR user.

I just can't see the case for any other gun. The best guns in the other classes are unlocked very quickly. I would use a token on the R870 and DSR if they were unlocked very deep.
#9Webmaster4531Posted 4/25/2013 9:20:34 AM
SinCityKid posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
did Dead Silent first, then Flak Jacket, Scavenger, Tact Insert, and finally Scar-H.
No C4? I just reset and miss it so much. Ghost too.

If you didn't notice with my first permanent unlock I'm a bit of an oddball. I find dead silent is sufficient for stealth and actually beneficial when there are no UAV's. I also usually shoot down UAV's with a AA secondary. I don't use lethals because I prefer tacticals especially emp. I'm basically a scorestreak killer.
#10FirebyrdXXPosted 4/25/2013 10:39:13 AM
Everyone should spend tokens on these things, in your preferred order.

C4
Tac-Insert
Flak Jacket
Scavenger
Ghost