Should CoD Get Rid of Recoil?

#11cifer520Posted 4/25/2013 2:49:05 PM
Recoilless guns are mad boring. Makes me feel like I'm cheating.
#12BansheeNTDmodePosted 4/25/2013 2:53:07 PM
They already have recoiless guns, its mp7 vector and scarh.

They should just get rid of target finder so ppl should learn to use mms.
#13Andrew_RyannPosted 4/25/2013 2:55:36 PM
Recoil should exist but it shouldn't be random...it should simply be a mechanic to reign in high DPS, nothing more. For example, an SMG may do incredibly high DPS if every shot lands, but at range, continuous fire will push it off the smaller target, which forces the player to stop shooting to allow recentering. This effectively makes the SMG have extremely high DPS at close range, but poor DPS at long ranges. You could say "Well just make it so it does less damage the farther the distance", but this isn't a very interesting game mechanic; its more engaging to have to have some kind of input in the process.

The way they've had it in the Black Ops games seems to be completely random...sometimes your SMG will fire dead on straight for 10 bullets, and others it will kick on the first bullet, and THEN fire dead on straight after that, and any variation inbetween. I can't stand automatics in this game due to this. It may have been like this in the other CoDs, but I never noticed it if it was. Here, I definitely do.
#14ThierrymonPosted 4/25/2013 5:57:25 PM
ffalcons7 posted...
I thought they already did that

Agreed, and CoD is worse off for it. It means people are less likely to move around the map aggressivly because they are so easy to pick off with lazer accurate weapons (and ridiculous aim assist on the snipers).
#15Astro_B0mbPosted 4/25/2013 6:00:25 PM
Implying CoD games have any recoil lolol
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#16MasterSplinterWPosted 4/25/2013 6:02:31 PM
Thierrymon posted...
ffalcons7 posted...

Agreed, and CoD is worse off for it. It means people are less likely to move around the map aggressivly because they are so easy to pick off with lazer accurate weapons (and ridiculous aim assist on the snipers).

I think you mean ridiculous aim assist on all the guns
---
Sometimes all you learn in defeat, is that you have been defeated. -Master Li------GT: DirkaDurkaJihad
#17ThierrymonPosted 4/25/2013 6:05:20 PM
MasterSplinterW posted...
Thierrymon posted...
ffalcons7 posted...

I think you mean ridiculous aim assist on all the guns

Fair point. I just notice it more on the snipers cause they are so irritating in this game.
#18Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/25/2013 6:21:47 PM
while were at it lets make the bullets enemy seeking so you could just shoot straight up at the air or down at the ground and it would find it's way to the nearest enemy
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#19elchris79Posted 4/25/2013 6:43:39 PM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
They already have recoiless guns, its mp7 vector and scarh.

They should just get rid of target finder so ppl should learn to use mms.

The 3rd gun...
#20MissElenaPosted 4/25/2013 7:11:39 PM
Should Forza get rid of cars?
---
GT: Varaza
Model/Gamer-MDK Female Devision Leader