For the majority of you who experience terrible lag on a consistent basis...

#1ThisIsMithosPosted 4/25/2013 12:22:57 PM
...how can you possibly enjoy playing?

Maps, weapons, etc aside, what's even the point in playing if the killcam and connection bars lie to you half the time?

There were a few people in another topic (who clearly either don't experience typical lag by some act of God, or are ignorant on the matter) that said that only crappy players use lag "as an excuse", when clearly they have Verizon FIOS or something, or they really just haven't played long enough to understand and recognize lag.

Either way, other than Zombies, what's even the use in playing this over MW2? I'll admit, MW2 doesn't have the greatest maps, though I actually think they're better then these. At least they feel different, for better or for worse...

But that's the one thing that's remained consistent through this mess. MW2 has had an awesome connection. And I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather put up with the other BS in the game if it means my bullets will actually register. I mean I can't recall being so unhappy after posting a big score as I have in this game, because I realize that regardless of my score, I'm probably getting ripped off most game.
#2supercoolisaacPosted 4/25/2013 12:26:25 PM
my connection is perfectly fine in 95% or more of my games.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#3timilayas99Posted 4/25/2013 12:28:03 PM
supercoolisaac posted...

Same. Once in like 50 games I'll have some lag, or I'll struggle to kill anyone because I'm host.
---
Go away.
#4ThisIsMithos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 12:28:26 PM
supercoolisaac posted...

I'm assuming you have a pretty awesome setup then. That's how my games go in MW2, and then they get much worse in Black Ops, and then downright horrible in this game. I'm not even an angry guy, but I've considered throwing the controller through the TV a few times. ;)
#5MasterMind034Posted 4/25/2013 12:33:10 PM
supercoolisaac posted...

This, and my connection's wireless for god's sake.
---
GT: MasterMind34
#6GameMaster14GMPosted 4/25/2013 12:35:33 PM
My connection is fine until the game gives someone with terrible connection host which isnt my fault anyways.

I dont lag with parties nor lag solo or on wireless even though im connected through Ethernet over a power outlet.
#7ronXwhitePosted 4/25/2013 12:40:10 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...

Maps, weapons, etc aside, what's even the point in playing if the killcam and connection bars lie to you half the time?

There were a few people in another topic (who clearly either don't experience typical lag by some act of God, or are ignorant on the matter) that said that only crappy players use lag "as an excuse", when clearly they have Verizon FIOS or something, or they really just haven't played long enough to understand and recognize lag.

Either way, other than Zombies, what's even the use in playing this over MW2? I'll admit, MW2 doesn't have the greatest maps, though I actually think they're better then these. At least they feel different, for better or for worse...

But that's the one thing that's remained consistent through this mess. MW2 has had an awesome connection. And I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather put up with the other BS in the game if it means my bullets will actually register. I mean I can't recall being so unhappy after posting a big score as I have in this game, because I realize that regardless of my score, I'm probably getting ripped off most game.

I used to have the worst connection possible next to dialup, and I still find every call of duty game fun.

Must be the people I play with.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - Proud Member of RedScreen
My first 100+ gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRY8au3ourk
#8ThisIsMithos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 12:51:52 PM
ronXwhite posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

I used to have the worst connection possible next to dialup, and I still find every call of duty game fun.

Must be the people I play with.

Yeah, makes sense. I'm just saying, it's really frustrating. I guess I don't have the luxury of a good connection. My connection is probably average, and it has never been bad prior to BO or BO2. Oh well. ;p