So I've taken a break from the CoD series for the past few years...

#1TheCrazedMadmanPosted 4/25/2013 4:31:31 PM
I've been a fan of Call of Duty since the first game, loved the series through all its changes...but was slowly growing tired of buying a new game every year, and when the changes were just iterative and when a bunch of head guys left IW made me put the future of the series in question. So I stopped with the first Black Ops, but after the few years of absence the urge to play a game like this has come back. I'm a little resistant to this game because Im not really a fan of futuristic combat (WWII is my favourite setting, especially the unscoped bolt action rifles), though I can make exceptions if the game is good enough. So I guess my question is, is this game worth it to get into now? Or would it be worth it to try MW3 (since its probably cheaper now)? Maybe just wait til MW4 or get into a new series altogether?
---
......now, where was I?
#2Mander1861Posted 4/25/2013 4:32:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3slaveanselmoPosted 4/25/2013 4:35:29 PM
Years off= skipped MW3? Okay, senor..
---
Ask me if I care about karma..
#4spamhairPosted 4/25/2013 4:42:27 PM
I like Black Ops better than either of the two new games.

BO2 is fun with friends, but solo I couldn't get a good connection to do any good. Then my friends stopped playing it....so...
---
"Hayters gonna hayte," said in response to David Hayter not voicing Snake in MGSV.
#5TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/25/2013 4:44:36 PM
HELL ****ING NO!

Yeah this game has the same addictive CoD formula, but with a TON of lag, camera issues, gameplay issues, and if you enjoy using the shield, you'll be GREATLY disappointed with it in this game. I can go on and on but to put it bluntly, this game is a pos in terms of quality compared to past games.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#6TheCrazedMadman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 4:58:46 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
Years off= skipped MW3? Okay, senor..

Yea, I got Black Ops in November 2010, played it for about 3 months, that was 2 years and almost 4 months ago.....for big CoD fan like me thats pretty long.

Sucks that BO2 seems to be not the greatest, how does MW3 compare?
---
......now, where was I?
#7BallistikBen2Posted 4/25/2013 5:20:16 PM
I skipped mw3 like you and bought this a month or so ago. Its pretty awesome, the maps are kind of crap though, and campaign is kind of hit and miss. I don't play zombies so I can't comment there. Pick ten and scorestreaks are fun.
---
Shoot him again!!! His souls still dancing!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
GT Ballistik Ben
#8Astro_B0mbPosted 4/25/2013 6:55:51 PM
Almost as bad as mw3, do not buy.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#9Xkoncept2323Posted 4/25/2013 7:06:12 PM(edited)
i think this game is much better when compared to modern warfare 3. however, i myself still belive that the first black ops was better as an actual game when it came to multyplayer. the maps were better, and the multyplayer just had a better feel. zombies in this game is awesome though.

this game does have one unscoped sniper if you want to use something like that, and also a slug shotgun which works very similar, so i know you will enjoy that considering i too really liked the unscoped rifles in WAW
#10TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/25/2013 7:31:17 PM
Xkoncept2323 posted...
i think this game is much better when compared to modern warfare 3. however, i myself still belive that the first black ops was better as an actual game when it came to multyplayer. the maps were better, and the multyplayer just had a better feel. zombies in this game is awesome though.

this game does have one unscoped sniper if you want to use something like that, and also a slug shotgun which works very similar, so i know you will enjoy that considering i too really liked the unscoped rifles in WAW

The rifles without scopes in WaW were wayyyy better because that game wasn't a laggy pos like this one. I can't tell you how many times I missed people I was aiming right at because of lag.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D