"Do you play any games, like CoD?" - Random customer

#31fatclemenzaPosted 4/26/2013 8:22:14 AM
50k a year. As a waiter. Why. The. ****. Am I. In ****ing college?!?

Because I feel the need to call exaggeration. Don't even reply, I'm just trying to make myself feel better about this debt. ;_;

Tell me about. I still have 2 years to go, and even though my first 2 have been at a CC, I'm going to a far more expensive school for the next 2. I have a feeling I'll be paying back loans until I'm 90.

A McDonalds manager isn't a bad job by any means, especially since TC is around my age from what I've seen him post in the past.
---
His days of asking are all gone, his fight goes on, and on, and on
But he thinks that the fight is worth it all, so he strikes like Thunderball
#32SevenDayCandlePosted 4/26/2013 8:25:01 AM
fatclemenza posted...
50k a year. As a waiter. Why. The. ****. Am I. In ****ing college?!?

Because I feel the need to call exaggeration. Don't even reply, I'm just trying to make myself feel better about this debt. ;_;

Tell me about. I still have 2 years to go, and even though my first 2 have been at a CC, I'm going to a far more expensive school for the next 2. I have a feeling I'll be paying back loans until I'm 90.

A McDonalds manager isn't a bad job by any means, especially since TC is around my age from what I've seen him post in the past.

It's not bad at all, I just find it funny a waiter can manage to make more than a manager... Even where I used to work, I could work a 40 hour week and make $200+ more than the manager would take home a week... I've had to lend managers money since I have little bills. One had to get their car unexpectedly repaired, asked if there was a chance they could borrow money and I said yea... I was friends with this manager before I worked there btw, so it wasn't 'shady'.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#33angrybirdsdude(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:10:50 AM
1ee7icus posted...
Ugh McDonalds food is bad. Ever had their angus burger its a burnt thick chunk of ground chuck. It f'n bad.

By chance did this manager have Xx xX around his name on his nametag? That might explain his non-elite status.

protip : ask for fresh food, but not through the drive thru. 9/10 times you'd get parked or "fresh" food.
---
spread the <3
#34SquireRamzaPosted 4/26/2013 10:19:05 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
Four separate times about how awesome his job as a waiter is, including a pay stub, and how his manager has had to borrow money from him.

Hardcore.
---
... For art comes to you proposing frankly to give nothing but the highest quality to your moments as they pass, and simply for those moments' sake.
#35angrybirdsdude(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:20:45 AM
^being a waiter is pretty nice, I would be one if all the real high end restaurants in my town weren't going out of business and/or full of lifers.
---
spread the <3
#36packman1010Posted 4/26/2013 10:54:21 AM
Join the Navy and be a nuke. Then get out and work at a power plant for 6 figures. Better pay than being a waiter, with the added benefit of zero college debt. Only exchange is less pay for the duration of your military contract.
---
Won't change this sig until the next time I change it
4/15/2011
#37SevenDayCandlePosted 4/26/2013 2:16:32 PM
packman1010 posted...
Join the Navy and be a nuke. Then get out and work at a power plant for 6 figures. Better pay than being a waiter, with the added benefit of zero college debt. Only exchange is less pay for the duration of your military contract.

Yea, if you're good enough with your stuff, you can move up quickly as hell through any of the military here.

I just like being a waiter, new stuff every day. You go home with no worries and rarely ever deal with the same BS twice.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#38LithspPosted 4/26/2013 3:06:34 PM
I work in a call centre at the moment doing shift work while I'm studying and somehow pull anywhere from $500-$800 a week usually.
Every now and then you get a bad week ('cuz, shift work), but most times it's either good to great.

For a while I was on constant $800+ weeks, made me wonder whether what I'm studying is worth it in the long run.
Either way though, working in a call centre does my head in, idiot customers, idiot co-workers and I can't stand sitting there with a ****ing headset on my head. Also, abuse all day.
At least we only take inbound calls, can't imagine how doing outbound calls would be for those tools who call you up at dinner.

No clue why I posted this instead of anything relevant to the actual topic though, to be honest.
---
[]Signature[]
#39lderivedxPosted 4/26/2013 4:23:49 PM
I dunno why people are hating. I'll be lucky to break $25k/yr in the next 5-6 years.

That said I wouldn't trade what I'm doing for a managerial position with double the salary.
---
"you got hit by a car? lmao nice awareness, no wonder you suck at halo." - sloppy
GT: i derive dx
#40BipBapBamPosted 4/26/2013 4:24:14 PM
hook me up with some discounts there gfaqs bro
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez