Would you like it if dlc maps could be purchased individually

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 4/27/2013 12:15:49 PM
they do it with some zombie maps, why not with all maps
#2spacecowboy44Posted 4/27/2013 12:22:01 PM
when have they ever done this with zombie maps?...other than nuketown
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#3maleman24Posted 4/27/2013 12:26:30 PM
I'd rather they don't purposefully with-hold content so you have to pay even more money to a sub-par game to get sub-par maps.
---
-== Unity in Creativity ==-
#4metalclashPosted 4/27/2013 1:18:16 PM
I have never purchased a single map pack since the the first map pack of MW2. It's not worth it.
---
Anyone else here from Jersey and goes airsofting?
#5Superman070776Posted 4/27/2013 1:25:20 PM
I like the new maps, and I haven't regretted buying any of the map packs. It is sad that so many kids think they should be entitled to free maps just because they bought the core game...but that is dumb. No one comes to your job and demands a free milk shake just because they bought a Big Mac....
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
Gamertag: BoilingKoolaid
#6spacecowboy44Posted 4/27/2013 1:26:01 PM
Superman070776 posted...
I like the new maps, and I haven't regretted buying any of the map packs. It is sad that so many kids think they should be entitled to free maps just because they bought the core game...but that is dumb. No one comes to your job and demands a free milk shake just because they bought a Big Mac....

---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#7CommanderF9agyPosted 4/27/2013 1:33:15 PM
And split the available player pool even more? Hell no!

players w/ no maps
players w/ Grind but no others
players w/ Hydro and no others
players w/ Mirage but no others
players w/ Downhill and no others
players w/ Grind and Hydro
players w/ Grind and Mirage
players w/ Grind and Downhill
players w/ Hydro and Mirage
players w/ Hydro and Downhill
players w/ Mirage and Downhill
players w/ all but Grind
players w/ all but Hydro
players w/ all but Mirage
players w/ all but Downill
players w/ all four maps

That's already 16 different pools that the playlists would be split into with just Revolution alone. Throw in Uprising and the last two DLC packs and it just gets absolutely ridiculous from there. They should never split the map packs into individual maps for this exact reason; your chances of actually finding a decent game with a smaller available pool would be completely shot to hell.
---
http://i.imgur.com/F9agy.jpg
#8jimhalpert789Posted 4/27/2013 1:34:05 PM
Superman070776 posted...

You're logic escapes me. I'm the last person to suggest free handouts, but DLC is not to CoD as milkshakes are to Bic Macs. I think one of the reasons people are mad is because video games were originally sold as entire packages; If you bought the video game you received all of the video game, not some of it. People also get mad because often times developers create DLC before they release the game so that they can make more money when they could very easily just release it all together to save the customers money. It's one thing if the video game is a great success and fans desire DLC so developers decide to make it, but that's not usually the case.
---
"I hate so much about the things that you choose to be." Cookies are awarded to users who get the reference.
Cookies awarded so far -- 0
#9slaveanselmoPosted 4/27/2013 1:35:23 PM
CommanderF9agy posted...
And split the available player pool even more? Hell no!

players w/ no maps
players w/ Grind but no others
players w/ Hydro and no others
players w/ Mirage but no others
players w/ Downhill and no others
players w/ Grind and Hydro
players w/ Grind and Mirage
players w/ Grind and Downhill
players w/ Hydro and Mirage
players w/ Hydro and Downhill
players w/ Mirage and Downhill
players w/ all but Grind
players w/ all but Hydro
players w/ all but Mirage
players w/ all but Downill
players w/ all four maps

That's already 16 different pools that the playlists would be split into with just Revolution alone. Throw in Uprising and the last two DLC packs and it just gets absolutely ridiculous from there. They should never split the map packs into individual maps for this exact reason; your chances of actually finding a decent game with a smaller available pool would be completely shot to hell.

That's not true.. I doubt anyone would buy Mirage..
---
Ask me if I care about karma..
#10slaveanselmoPosted 4/27/2013 1:36:50 PM
jimhalpert789 posted...
Superman070776 posted...

You're logic escapes me. I'm the last person to suggest free handouts, but DLC is not to CoD as milkshakes are to Bic Macs. I think one of the reasons people are mad is because video games were originally sold as entire packages; If you bought the video game you received all of the video game, not some of it. People also get mad because often times developers create DLC before they release the game so that they can make more money when they could very easily just release it all together to save the customers money. It's one thing if the video game is a great success and fans desire DLC so developers decide to make it, but that's not usually the case.

Does your sig have something to do with The Office?
---
Ask me if I care about karma..