Would you like it if dlc maps could be purchased individually

#11SL_Tops10Posted 4/27/2013 1:40:59 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
CommanderF9agy posted...
And split the available player pool even more? Hell no!

players w/ no maps
players w/ Grind but no others
players w/ Hydro and no others
players w/ Mirage but no others
players w/ Downhill and no others
players w/ Grind and Hydro
players w/ Grind and Mirage
players w/ Grind and Downhill
players w/ Hydro and Mirage
players w/ Hydro and Downhill
players w/ Mirage and Downhill
players w/ all but Grind
players w/ all but Hydro
players w/ all but Mirage
players w/ all but Downill
players w/ all four maps

That's already 16 different pools that the playlists would be split into with just Revolution alone. Throw in Uprising and the last two DLC packs and it just gets absolutely ridiculous from there. They should never split the map packs into individual maps for this exact reason; your chances of actually finding a decent game with a smaller available pool would be completely shot to hell.

That's not true.. I doubt anyone would buy Mirage..

I think I'm the only one who likes Mirage..
---
GT: SL Tops10
#12jimhalpert789Posted 4/27/2013 1:49:11 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
Does your sig have something to do with The Office?

Indeed it does. I'm guessing you just figured that out because of my username, but you get a cookie anyway, because I've had that sig for months and no ones even come close.
---
"I hate so much about the things that you choose to be." Cookies are awarded to users who get the reference.
Cookies awarded so far -- 1
#13Superman070776Posted 4/27/2013 3:47:33 PM
jimhalpert789 posted...
Superman070776 posted...
I like the new maps, and I haven't regretted buying any of the map packs. It is sad that so many kids think they should be entitled to free maps just because they bought the core game...but that is dumb. No one comes to your job and demands a free milk shake just because they bought a Big Mac....

You're logic escapes me. I'm the last person to suggest free handouts, but DLC is not to CoD as milkshakes are to Bic Macs. I think one of the reasons people are mad is because video games were originally sold as entire packages; If you bought the video game you received all of the video game, not some of it. People also get mad because often times developers create DLC before they release the game so that they can make more money when they could very easily just release it all together to save the customers money. It's one thing if the video game is a great success and fans desire DLC so developers decide to make it, but that's not usually the case.

So you would rather just have the 13 or 14 original maps and never get new maps as the months go by? At least they give people a choice. If you love playing the game and you wat to deepen or lengthen your experience with the game, you can buy mps and camos or whatever...if you hate the game, you can save your $15.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
Gamertag: BoilingKoolaid
#14crazyeightz1Posted 4/27/2013 8:09:59 PM
jimhalpert789 posted...
Superman070776 posted...
I like the new maps, and I haven't regretted buying any of the map packs. It is sad that so many kids think they should be entitled to free maps just because they bought the core game...but that is dumb. No one comes to your job and demands a free milk shake just because they bought a Big Mac....

You're logic escapes me. I'm the last person to suggest free handouts, but DLC is not to CoD as milkshakes are to Bic Macs. I think one of the reasons people are mad is because video games were originally sold as entire packages; If you bought the video game you received all of the video game, not some of it. People also get mad because often times developers create DLC before they release the game so that they can make more money when they could very easily just release it all together to save the customers money. It's one thing if the video game is a great success and fans desire DLC so developers decide to make it, but that's not usually the case.

Actually games before the dlc era only came with about the same amount of maps as the core games now. If you include the extra 16 dlc maps that is going to come out for bo2, thats well over 25 maps. No way does a core game with 25 maps exist to my knowledge.
#15bobstevens23123Posted 4/27/2013 8:20:50 PM
spacecowboy44 posted...
when have they ever done this with zombie maps?...other than nuketown

u answered ur own question
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#16Aether_LyricPosted 4/27/2013 9:38:02 PM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
they do it with some zombie maps, why not with all maps

How the hell would matchmaking work if everyone had a different set of maps? Did you even spend 10 seconds thinking about this? Single zombie maps work because you choose to search maps individually.
#17Liquid Snake2Posted 4/27/2013 9:43:42 PM
SL_Tops10 posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
CommanderF9agy posted...

players w/ no maps
players w/ all but Grind
players w/ all but Hydro
players w/ all four maps

That's already 16 different pools that the playlists would be split into with just Revolution alone. Throw in Uprising and the last two DLC packs and it just gets absolutely ridiculous from there. They should never split the map packs into individual maps for this exact reason; your chances of actually finding a decent game with a smaller available pool would be completely shot to hell.

I like it, that person is probably bad
---
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Guneagle01
#18slaveanselmoPosted 4/27/2013 9:59:06 PM
Liquid Snake2 posted...
SL_Tops10 posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
CommanderF9agy posted...

players w/ no maps
players w/ all but Grind
players w/ all but Hydro
players w/ all four maps

I like it, that person is probably bad

Are you projecting?
---
Ask me if I care about karma..
#19k1zzl3_82Posted 4/27/2013 10:16:54 PM
jimhalpert789 posted...
Superman070776 posted...

Haha sig'd
---
You're logic escapes me. I'm the last person to suggest free handouts, but DLC is not to CoD as milkshakes are to Bic Macs. -jimhalpert789