Most Underrated Weapon

#101InadvertantPosted 4/29/2013 12:00:39 PM
destructoclaus posted...

Except for the fact that the FAL outperforms the peacekeeper at literally every range. The difference in their ADS times is a measly .05 seconds. The FAL at close range is a 2 bullet kill at 625 RPM. The peacekeeper at close range is a 4 bullet kill with a 720 RPM. So yeah, the FAL easily outguns the peacekeeper in close range. I shouldn't even need to explain why the FAL is the better mid and long range weapon. The peacekeeper is one of the worse close-ranged weapons in the game in terms of time to kill.

I'm not saying the peacekeeper is bad by any means. In fact, it is by far my most used gun and easily one of my favorites. But statistically, it's outperformed by every other SMG at close range and only somewhat competes with assault rifles at mid range. I think it's one of the best SMGs in the game, but in no way is it better than any assault rifle, let alone the FAL.

I also don't understand how you perceive the FAL to be underrated and under-loved. I've put in quite a few days on this game and I've seen dozens upon dozens of combat records that have the FAL as one of their 5 most used guns. And yup, to no one's surprise, most FAL KDRs are higher than the KDRs for other weapons.

You're forgetting to account for the high rate of fire, and before you say anything about attachments? This is all based on the weapon as is, without any perks or attachments. It's base everything. So select fire doesn't count towards giving the FAL OSW a high rate of fire.

The major difference between any Assault Rifle and SMG is the time it takes to be ready to fire from a sprint. The SMG's are ready much quicker, and their high rate of fire and tight spread make it so that they are much more lethal at close range, which nobody can deny is what Call of Duty is all about these days.

The Peacekeeper is not statistically out performed by every other SMG. In fact, in an earlier post I listed which categories it is better in.

Though, I thank you for supporting my argument by saying that, and I quote, "I think it's one of the best SMG's in the game." I never, not even once, tried to say that the stats on the Peacekeeper are higher than the FAL OSW, in fact I'm not the one who made this about stats in the first place. I simply said the following:

I have been killed by the Peacekeeper more than the FAL OSW and I see more players using the Peacekeeper than the FAL OSW which leads me to conclude that the Peacekeeper is overrated and the FAL OSW is, in my opinion, underrated.

The operative word in my claims is 'opinion'. Then when I present my findings, backed by the stats taken from my Call of Duty Elite page, I am called an idiot. Now I'm not saying you're experiences are wrong, and you are entitled to your opinions as well. I never called anyone else any names simply for liking the Peacekeeper. I never insulted anyone for it either. I simply said that in my eyes it is a garbage gun that plays the game for you and I feel it is overrated. Tell me where I am wrong with my opinion, and I'll show you someone who can't accept the fact that others are going to have their own opinions based on their experiences.

supercoolisaac posted...
Not sure if this guy is trolling or really that dumb :/

I'm dumb because I presented logical reasoning backed by my findings? I never said that information isn't going to change from player to player. Everyone plays different game modes, thereby meaning they will encounter different play styles and different weapons.
---
RIP Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle (April 8, 1974 February 2, 2013), Deadliest Man In American History, 160 confirmed kills
May Paradise welcome you
#102BA_in_BSPosted 4/29/2013 12:02:51 PM
I like the KSG. I haven't played with it much since I got gold, but I ran out of ammo and picked one up the other day and proceeded to cycle my killstreaks 3 times. It's just very reliant on connection.

The M27, I use to hate the gun, then it became my best AR. Seems to be getting a better rep these days though.
---
PSN: AlwaysGetsWasted
Xbox Live: BA in BS
#103InadvertantPosted 4/29/2013 12:06:32 PM
BA_in_BS posted...
I like the KSG. I haven't played with it much since I got gold, but I ran out of ammo and picked one up the other day and proceeded to cycle my killstreaks 3 times. It's just very reliant on connection.

The M27, I use to hate the gun, then it became my best AR. Seems to be getting a better rep these days though.

I loved playing with my KSG, those 12 gauge slugs really do a number on the chest cavity. The only issue I have with it is that if you are off even slightly, you miss entirely. I'm not complaining, as it is a slug, it's just annoying at times haha. Though you can't beat that range, at least not in the shotgun category.
---
RIP Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle (April 8, 1974 February 2, 2013), Deadliest Man In American History, 160 confirmed kills
May Paradise welcome you
#104destructoclausPosted 4/29/2013 12:35:48 PM
Inadvertant posted...

You're forgetting to account for the high rate of fire, and before you say anything about attachments? This is all based on the weapon as is, without any perks or attachments. It's base everything. So select fire doesn't count towards giving the FAL OSW a high rate of fire.

The major difference between any Assault Rifle and SMG is the time it takes to be ready to fire from a sprint. The SMG's are ready much quicker, and their high rate of fire and tight spread make it so that they are much more lethal at close range, which nobody can deny is what Call of Duty is all about these days.

The Peacekeeper is not statistically out performed by every other SMG. In fact, in an earlier post I listed which categories it is better in.

Though, I thank you for supporting my argument by saying that, and I quote, "I think it's one of the best SMG's in the game." I never, not even once, tried to say that the stats on the Peacekeeper are higher than the FAL OSW, in fact I'm not the one who made this about stats in the first place. I simply said the following:

I have been killed by the Peacekeeper more than the FAL OSW and I see more players using the Peacekeeper than the FAL OSW which leads me to conclude that the Peacekeeper is overrated and the FAL OSW is, in my opinion, underrated.

The operative word in my claims is 'opinion'. Then when I present my findings, backed by the stats taken from my Call of Duty Elite page, I am called an idiot. Now I'm not saying you're experiences are wrong, and you are entitled to your opinions as well. I never called anyone else any names simply for liking the Peacekeeper. I never insulted anyone for it either. I simply said that in my eyes it is a garbage gun that plays the game for you and I feel it is overrated. Tell me where I am wrong with my opinion, and I'll show you someone who can't accept the fact that others are going to have their own opinions based on their experiences.

supercoolisaac posted...
Not sure if this guy is trolling or really that dumb :/

I'm dumb because I presented logical reasoning backed by my findings? I never said that information isn't going to change from player to player. Everyone plays different game modes, thereby meaning they will encounter different play styles and different weapons.

I didn't mention the FAL with any attachments. The 625 RPM is the cap for the FAL using single shot. I believe the select fire RPM cap is something like 550. Also, I didn't say that the peacekeeper was overall statistically worse than every other SMG. I only mentioned that it was the worse at close range, which indeed it is. Its fire rate is actually rather slow compared to other SMGs, being equal to the PDW, MSMC, MTAR and M27 at only 720 RPM. So, their TTK is going to vary based on a number of different factors (dexterity, quickdraw, whether the people were sprinting or not, etc.) but ultimately, the FAL outguns the PK.

I suppose you could say that the FAL is "underrated" by the general community compared to the peacekeeper. I believe that the term "underrated" would describe a gun as being really good but not seeing a lot of usage, and I've seen way too much of it to consider it such. The peacekeeper is going to see a ton of usage simply because it's a DLC weapon, but also because it is a very good gun. The FAL has a higher skill cap but is much less friendly to users who are not so adept. You won't see any competitive players using the peacekeeper (they use the MSMC) but a lot of the best players regularly use the FAL.

I'm with you, though. I believe the PK is an extremely good weapon, especially when in proper hands. I believe that it too can be considered an underrated gun depending on who you're asking.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#105MissElena(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:44:41 PM
BA_in_BS posted...

It's a very good AR lol. Damage isnt that great but the recoil/range makes up for it in my view. But not that many people seem to view it the same :/
---
GT: Varaza
Model/Gamer-MDK Female Devision Leader
#106NidtendofreakPosted 4/29/2013 12:59:25 PM
MissElena posted...
BA_in_BS posted...

It's a very good AR lol. Damage isnt that great but the recoil/range makes up for it in my view. But not that many people seem to view it the same :/

It would be better if the maps actually allowed it to play to its strengths rather than weaknesses more. In a game like MW2 I'd probably like the M27. It would be pretty nice on maps like Wasteland or Derail.

As the situation is however, close range TTK is much more important than long range stability. Saying its anything other than the worst AR is overrating it. Why use it when you can use the Peacekeeper? Same RPM and bullet strength, but more maneuverability while still more than stable enough to use at range.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#107XxOblivion77Posted 4/29/2013 1:01:37 PM
SWAT, SMR, MTAR, XPR-50, KSG
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
Where's that DAMN fourth chaos emerald?!?!
#108BA_in_BSPosted 4/29/2013 1:06:51 PM
It would be better if the maps actually allowed it to play to its strengths rather than weaknesses more. In a game like MW2 I'd probably like the M27. It would be pretty nice on maps like Wasteland or Derail.

As the situation is however, close range TTK is much more important than long range stability. Saying its anything other than the worst AR is overrating it. Why use it when you can use the Peacekeeper? Same RPM and bullet strength, but more maneuverability while still more than stable enough to use at range.

I have to disagree, I think you can play to the strengths of this gun, which is the laser like accuracy. At least in standard pub matches. I use it in Dom, KC, and Hardpoint. I've been using the peacekeeper lately and I don't think I'd opt for that over the M27, no matter what they look like on paper.
---
PSN: AlwaysGetsWasted
Xbox Live: BA in BS
#109MissElena(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:23:58 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
MissElena posted...
BA_in_BS posted...

The M27 can be used pretty well on alot of maps, not really sure how you are using it lol. It's not so much the maps as it is the user's skill with it. It's not terrible at CQB, yes there a number of guns that can easily beat it, but it's safe to say with the right attachments, it can, at the least, hold it's own.

Mm the peacekeeper and I just don't get along. I'm consistently being outgunned by most SMG's and even some AR's. I wouldn't say they have the same range..where I can fire full auto with a base M27 with little to no recoil, the PM tends to get off track after the first 10 rounds or so...even with grip.
---
GT: Varaza
Model/Gamer-MDK Female Devision Leader
#110Spooky-MittensPosted 4/29/2013 1:26:53 PM
Seems to be a lot of hot, steamy, "Your opinion is wrong" going on here. I'd like to interject my opinion :3. This is the opinion of someone who plays, almost exclusively, Hardcore game modes, so my views may be different from yours because all of the weapons in this game are balanced for Core.

Looking at my own Elite Weapon Performance, I can easily find that the Peacekeeper is the single weapon with which I have been slain the most, with 1665 "Killed by". Moving down the list, the FAL OSW has only taken my life 554 times, falling into rank 7 of 29 on my primary "Killed by" list. Now, being that I have not used the Peacekeeper for more than 15 kills myself, I cannot really comment as to the voracity of Inadvertant's claims, but I can posit a hypothesis as to his accuracy.

- At close range the FAL deals 55 damage. With a head-shot multiplier of only 1.2x this weapon will take two shots to kill at close range, two hits at medium range if one hit is a head-shot, and three hits even if all three hits are head-shots at long range.

- The Peacekeeper deals 33 damage at close range, with a head-shot multiplier of 1.1x. This weapon will take three hits to down a player if one of those hits is a head-shot at close range, and can take up to five headshots to kill someone at long range.

Now, if we flop the HP values of players to support a Hardcore setting, each weapon will kill in a single hit to the torso within the "normal" range of the weapon, and the FAL will kill in a single hit even at "long" range, while the Peacekeeper will take two hits. Under these circumstances, the Peacekeeper dominates, and is by-and-large the weapon of choice for Hardcore players. For those of us who play HC, the FAL may seem underrated at times, while the Peacekeeper is definitely overrated when compared to other weapons in the same category.

Further-more, if we look at game-play styles when considering these weapons we also have to take into account handling performance as well. We must also examine these things with a presumption of 0 Attachments and 0 Perks, as we are doing a comparison of weapons alone. A player will move slightly slower while carrying an assault rifle, inhibiting their ability to "keep up" with the fast pace of a player carrying a much lighter SMG. This allows the players with SMGs to traverse the map much more quickly to over-run the entrenched Rifle users with flanking maneuvers. When coming out of a sprint, an Assault Rifle is not "ready-to-fire" as quickly as an SMG, meaning if two players sprint around a corner and face each-other, the one with the SMG will always get the first shot off. With their naturally higher rate-of-fire and lower recoil, head-shots are easy to obtain even with fully automatic fire. An SMG has a tighter hip-fire bloom than an Assault Rifle, making close-range engagements a much simpler endeavor as one simply has to hold the trigger and follow their opponent with their crosshair (or in the case of HC, their tracers). This allows the player with the SMG to retain full movement speed while returning fire, while the person with the Assault Rifle will usually have to sight-in. It's only when you bring the two weapons to Middle and Long ranges that the rifle will begin to perform consistently better, as these weapons keep their damage output much further out than the pistol-caliber SMGs.

That being said, when a Peacekeeper comes face-to-face with a FAL OSW, the Peacekeeper has the advantage almost every time. However, when you pull out to medium and long range, the Peacekeeper starts to feel it outside of HC. However, within Hardcore modes the Peacekeeper has enough accuracy and range to maintain a two-hit-kill at medium and long range. To clarify, if the Peacekeeper sees the FAL first and gets the first shot off, it will almost always win the engagement in HC.