Most Underrated Weapon

#121MissElena(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 2:29:48 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
MissElena posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...
MissElena posted...
BA_in_BS posted...

The M27, I use to hate the gun, then it became my best AR. Seems to be getting a better rep these days though.

It's a very good AR lol. Damage isnt that great but the recoil/range makes up for it in my view. But not that many people seem to view it the same :/

It would be better if the maps actually allowed it to play to its strengths rather than weaknesses more. In a game like MW2 I'd probably like the M27. It would be pretty nice on maps like Wasteland or Derail.

As the situation is however, close range TTK is much more important than long range stability. Saying its anything other than the worst AR is overrating it. Why use it when you can use the Peacekeeper? Same RPM and bullet strength, but more maneuverability while still more than stable enough to use at range.

The M27 can be used pretty well on alot of maps, not really sure how you are using it lol. It's not so much the maps as it is the user's skill with it. It's not terrible at CQB, yes there a number of guns that can easily beat it, but it's safe to say with the right attachments, it can, at the least, hold it's own.

Mm the peacekeeper and I just don't get along. I'm consistently being outgunned by most SMG's and even some AR's. I wouldn't say they have the same range..where I can fire full auto with a base M27 with little to no recoil, the PM tends to get off track after the first 10 rounds or so...even with grip.

I tried to use the M27 like I used every other AR: decent up close choice, decent at mid to long range provided you know when the opponent has too much cover and you need to move. The whole "4 bullets + 720 RPM" thing just kills it though. Even with the stock, if you're in a 1v1 situation with any SMG, any AR, any Pistol, and obviously any shotgun in a close range situation, the odds are against you. I like to run around constantly trying to flank, with the spawns and map layouts like how they are in BO2 you're almost always going to run into a 1v1 situation along your route. That situation is happening too many times for the M27 to really get a change to play to its strengths. It basically needs to post up behind cover and ADS, waiting, only moving when the spawns or objective locations change. I play KC with a bit of TDM on the side, that ain't happening.

I also don't see that happening a lot in Dom, not with the spawn system how it is again. I can see a use for that playstyle in SnD, Hardpoint, and Headquarters... and that's about it. At the same time, the other ARs can do the exact same thing, and for a lot of the fights the engagements aren't going to be far enough away where the M27's accuracy is more beneficial than another AR's TTK.

I can understand while people would personally like the gun, but there is no way its not the worst. BO2 doesn't allow it to not be the worst.

Mmm, fair enough, though most AR's don't fair that well against SMG's in CQB in the first place lol. :3
---
GT: Varaza
Model/Gamer-MDK Female Devision Leader
#122KabtheMentatPosted 4/30/2013 3:22:27 PM
Scar, SMR, or MTAR.

MTAR, definitely.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#123igashijinPosted 4/30/2013 6:15:35 PM
@MissElena

We don't differ in our opinion based on that string; you and Supercoolisaac do.

I just happen to agree with supercoolisaac when he says that the KSG is better in just about every way.

(not knocking on the 870! I'm with you: that thing is absolute beast mode, no contest. It's dangerous even when wielded by a horrible player or a bot).

But the KSG was my first love in this game.
I stand by lots of set ups with it:

The MMS, long barrel, stock, suppressor, stock, and laser sight all do wonders for the KSG.
After it was patched, it became even more amazing-- although it was the first gun I golded, and it was a total accident.

If you feel like it lets you down a lot when you try to use it more like a shotgun, I highly recommend using it with a laser sight; in my experience, its hip fire is perfectly good with the laser sight. Just don't miss!
But a 15-20 meter OHK with a hipfire on the KSG is totally a common happening for me, so long as I use a laser sight.

If I opt not to use a laser sight, it gets trickier, admittedly.

Personally, I dig the irons, but a lot of people seem to hate them, so an optic might be ideal if you identify with the second group.

There are guns I don't care for in this game, but I will agree that this game does a MUCH better job of balancing those guns than Inifinity Ward tends to. I feel like just about every gun in this game is good, at least in a particular niche.
---
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.
#124MissElena(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:25:52 PM
Well hey, use whatever works for you hun. And having now played multiple games using the KSG exclusively, I can see why many players love it (which I explained a few pages back).

But I feel that the 870 is a better shotgun, because it does what it's supposed to do, better (ease of use at close range). Which is why, ultimately, I still use it over the KSG.

Didn't mean to stir up an argument lol, just my view of it.
---
#125SinisterBladePosted 4/30/2013 8:47:50 PM
The KSG is of course better, the catch being (no offense to anybody) it requires precision and smart play to be used to its potential. 90% of the current player base simply cant be bothered to put the effort in when they can simply spray with other weapons.

If you look at it, the KSG can OSK at impressive range, with great range, shotgun traits and a very large magazine size, ammo loadout and a pump action. The problem people have is the fact it fires slugs, essentially very large bullets. Being precise is a must, and honestly needing to actually aim a shotgun, that fires only one round, is too much of a mind **** for most of the playerbase.

It is vastly superior on a purely statistical level, but that doesn't mean its best for you as an individual player or your playstyle.

Also a bit late to the party, but I like the SMR as well. I like to think its an acronym for

Strategic / Scout
Marksman
Rifle

Though im sure those are wrong, I think it explains its obscure status in online play. xD
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#126majorgalaxyPosted 4/30/2013 9:08:46 PM
KSG it's amazing if you aim and lag is on your side.

chicom is great since it has no burst delay and the stats can change dramatically depending on what attachments you use, basically the barbie doll of blops 2
---
Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean we can't point out how stupid it is.
GT:MayorofEarth2
#127MissElena(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:02:38 PM
Seen enough Chicoms to not really call it underrated..the opposite actually lol.
---
#128SinisterBladePosted 4/30/2013 11:41:52 PM
I rarely see them, unless the person is clearly going for camos. Though I dont play often and am a Domination pure since 08'. I miss CoD 4.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#129ShadonicPosted 5/1/2013 5:23:14 AM
MissElena posted...
Tired of rocking the AN/M27 every match, so I'm experimentingwith some of the lesser known weapons..

Anyways, I personally think it's the SMR. I'll see it being used maybe once every five games if I'm lucky. Thing is, it has that oh so sexy 2 hit kill at any range (at least for me), has controllable recoil and is accurate enough to get a headshot on Studio's watchtower from the far end. I've never used the FAL much so I can't really compare the two...

What do YOU think is the game's most underrated weapon?

2 hit's better than a fal range, but it's not unlimited.. that said i do <3 my SMR.

Most underrated weapon : XPR. I see lots of DSR's in Core, and SVU's everywhere, the occasional ballista, but never ever ever see the XPR and it's probably the best SR in the game.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?
#130DtheBruiserPosted 5/1/2013 7:56:52 AM
Shadonic posted...
MissElena posted...
Tired of rocking the AN/M27 every match, so I'm experimentingwith some of the lesser known weapons..

Anyways, I personally think it's the SMR. I'll see it being used maybe once every five games if I'm lucky. Thing is, it has that oh so sexy 2 hit kill at any range (at least for me), has controllable recoil and is accurate enough to get a headshot on Studio's watchtower from the far end. I've never used the FAL much so I can't really compare the two...

What do YOU think is the game's most underrated weapon?

2 hit's better than a fal range, but it's not unlimited.. that said i do <3 my SMR.

Most underrated weapon : XPR. I see lots of DSR's in Core, and SVU's everywhere, the occasional ballista, but never ever ever see the XPR and it's probably the best SR in the game.

I would argue that anyone might acknowledge it as the best SR but the fact that you receive it at level 54 or 55 I believe makes it underused not underrated.
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow