Whose "Brilliant" idea was it to make terrible players get killstreaks?

#1MrBombasticaIPosted 4/28/2013 7:04:12 AM(edited)
They are supposed to be the guys who "cater" to casuals. I'm as casual as it gets and I cannot get 5 killstreaks once with a pistol, let alone 10 times. The game makes up that much BS just to keep me from Gold it's ridiculous. Oh, I want a camo for my Tac 45? F*** me, right?

All this whole Challenge for camos thing has done is promote boosting. I boosted for the Crossbow Bloodthirsty. I have never boosted otherwise in my life. Go back to the Weapon Levelling in MW3. You didn't have to boost for Gold, you got kills. Camping for bloodthirsties has also increased. Stupid 3arc never want to follow what IW does well. W@W didn't even have camos, Black Ops made you BUY them with CoD Points and this game makes you get killstreaks for it? Great work Treyarch
---
aka subtekjnr
#2fatclemenzaPosted 4/28/2013 7:03:16 AM
even a horrible player can get lucky enough to get a 5 kill streak come on now
---
His days of asking are all gone, his fight goes on, and on, and on
But he thinks that the fight is worth it all, so he strikes like Thunderball
#3MrBombasticaI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:04:37 AM
fatclemenza posted...
even a horrible player can get lucky enough to get a 5 kill streak come on now

I'm fine getting one. It's getting 50 for Diamond Pistols that pisses me off.
---
aka subtekjnr
#4CammyApplePosted 4/28/2013 7:07:06 AM
If you aren't good enough to earn something you don't deserve it. If you can't earn a camo then you don't get it. Why is that so hard to grasp.

Actually rewarding play.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5bigbug1992Posted 4/28/2013 7:09:46 AM
CammyApple posted...
If you aren't good enough to earn something you don't deserve it. If you can't earn a camo then you don't get it. Why is that so hard to grasp.

Actually rewarding play.

Wow. I don't normally agree with Cammy, but this is a very rare time indeed.

Gold challenges are designed to test your skills. If you aren't good enough to do the challenges, you really don't deserve it.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#6MrBombasticaI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:11:38 AM
CammyApple posted...

Actually rewarding play.

It's a camo. It's meant to be an achievement for playing with a gun long enough. Headshot camos? Fine, I can see why they would use that. You get enough headshots, you either used it for a long time, are good at headshotting, or boosted. Weapon Levels? Yeah sure, it shows you used the gun a lot. Buying it? NO, and I'm glad they did away with that. Getting random challenges like destroying a car? Bloodthirsties? NO, it's a stupid system. It doesn't show you've used it a lot, it shows you are MLG pro legit 420 cool kids who camp or are good enough to do it.

If camos were meant to be earned through skill always, why is this game the first to do so? Why not keep it simple as something you get anyway while using the gun?
---
aka subtekjnr
#7fatclemenzaPosted 4/28/2013 7:12:19 AM
implying you have to camp to get a 5 kill steaks

rofl I'm done
---
His days of asking are all gone, his fight goes on, and on, and on
But he thinks that the fight is worth it all, so he strikes like Thunderball
#8MrBombasticaI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:14:06 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
CammyApple posted...

Actually rewarding play.

Wow. I don't normally agree with Cammy, but this is a very rare time indeed.

Gold challenges are designed to test your skills. If you aren't good enough to do the challenges, you really don't deserve it.

CoD4 was the only game getting a Gold gun was hard to do. But it rewarded longevity with a gun, not skill. Get headshots and kills. Simple. Black Ops? Yeah, lets play with any gun in the game, get to Prestige 14 and I can has Gold. No skill required, other than maybe getting to 14. MW3? Use the gun long enough to get it to Level 31. Easy, anyone can do that.

So why is Black Ops 2 the exception? Why is that the only game that requires BS challenges to get Gold?
---
aka subtekjnr
#9timilayas99Posted 4/28/2013 7:15:21 AM
fatclemenza posted...

rofl I'm done

I'm an average player and even I can run and gun and get few bloodthirsties here and there. TC, get better at the game if you struggle with the challenges.
---
Go away.
#10MrBombasticaI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 7:16:09 AM
fatclemenza posted...

rofl I'm done

Bad players do. Either that or get lucky. As I said, I'm a bad player. And HIGHLY unlucky in CoD. MW2+3 are the only games I can hold a good K/D in. Why? Because there is no Get a Long Range Kill with a Combat Axe for lolz to get a title. There is no Get killstreaks with a gun to Gold it. You just have to use it for long enough.
---
aka subtekjnr