Shotguns haven't been any better.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 4/29/2013 9:41:08 AM
I don't mean statistically, they're middle ground for all the games. I'm just referring to the fact that 95% of the time you're in a Shotguns effective range, so they're effective on any map in any mode. Plus this is the only game where there's a shotgun with a 2 pellet kill that doesn't require stopping power, making it extremely consistent up close.

In terms of usefulness by game, I'd list them like this:

BLOPS2>MW2>BLOPS=MW3>MW>WAW.

How would you rate their usefulness by game.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2JohnWall32Posted 4/29/2013 9:42:27 AM
yeah....I was dominating with all 4 shotguns when I was still playing mp...had diamond shotties right away...kids asking if i boosted to get em lol
#3destructoclausPosted 4/29/2013 9:46:39 AM
MW2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blops 2 > rest of series.

Don't forget that MW2's shotguns were secondaries, and most of them were VERY good (AA-12). Not to mention the fact that the Spas 12 was about as good as or maybe even better than the R870. As a matter of fact, the R870 is really the only shotgun worth using in this game. The rest of them are pretty ass. The S12 and M1216 are cool and all, but they're just weak as primaries and are outclassed by the R870. The KSG would be great if hit detection in this game wasn't garbage.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#4SevenDayCandlePosted 4/29/2013 9:49:27 AM
destructoclaus posted...
MW2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blops 2 > rest of series.

Don't forget that MW2's shotguns were secondaries, and most of them were VERY good (AA-12). Not to mention the fact that the Spas 12 was about as good as or maybe even better than the R870. As a matter of fact, the R870 is really the only shotgun worth using in this game. The rest of them are pretty ass. The S12 and M1216 are cool and all, but they're just weak as primaries and are outclassed by the R870. The KSG would be great if hit detection in this game wasn't garbage.

Go back and watch a MW2 video of someone owning with the Spas-12 and look at the distance and accuracy that thing has even hipfiring... It really makes you aware of how small the maps are in BO2 when you look at it like that.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#5packman1010Posted 4/29/2013 9:56:35 AM
Watch even half of a Spastex 130 gameplay by SandyRavage and you will cry for shotgun nerfs in a game made like 4 years ago. Shotguns are in a good spot right now with the Remington, but they could be better ala Spas.
---
Won't change this sig until the next time I change it
4/15/2011
#6BipBapBamPosted 4/29/2013 9:59:05 AM
The only reason the Remington is as good as it is is because of the horrible maps. All of the MW3 shotguns are leagues better than it.
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez
#7SevenDayCandlePosted 4/29/2013 10:06:21 AM
Yea, the maps are just so bad, small and cramped. Check out some old MW2 videos... The maps are humongous in comparison to these... Quarry feels at least 4x's bigger than Carrier or Turbine.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#8AlexanaxelaPosted 4/29/2013 10:18:56 AM
ITT ''the r870 isnt complete crap up close so shotguns are the most useful they've ever been.''

if you srsly believe the maps in this game are that much different than the maps in mw3 which had shotguns that could osk out to 700 inches or 875 with the right proficiency, then i got a condo in mexico i can get you a good deal on
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#9metalclashPosted 4/29/2013 11:11:19 AM
spas 12 <3

Steady Aim and stopping power turned anyone into a tank
---
Anyone else here from Jersey and goes airsofting?
#10parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:20:01 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
ITT ''the r870 isnt complete crap up close so shotguns are the most useful they've ever been.''

if you srsly believe the maps in this game are that much different than the maps in mw3 which had shotguns that could osk out to 700 inches or 875 with the right proficiency, then i got a condo in mexico i can get you a good deal on

I'd gladly take more close range consistency over long range damage. With the 870, I rarely have any engagements that exceed its OHK range, so I hardly ever need more than two shots. It's what the Stakeout in BLOPS should've been.

As for the S12, it may not be as good as the Spas 12, but I like it better than the Striker because of its faster reload. The M1216 is what the MW3 AA12 should've been, and the KSG is an absolute monster in the right hands. The Executioner is like having the HS-10 as a secondary. Like I said, the guns may not be statistically the best, but the maps being smaller makes them more useful than any other game in the series. Sure MW2 had the overall strongest SGs, but that was balanced out by often having to travel 3x the same distance than in this game to be in their effective range.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2