Engineer setup

#1WeaponX115Posted 5/1/2013 4:05:39 PM
any tips on an engineer set up? i got the technician wild card with an emp, 2 black hacks, and the perk engineer. whats the best gun and rest of the perks should be. any help would be accepted.
BTW that's 5/10
#2KabtheMentatPosted 5/1/2013 4:13:20 PM
IMO drop Black Hats and the wild card. Load up with Scavenger and use your SMG of choice.

Or keep the Black Hats and the wild card, but still load up with Scav. As for gun, since you're using Scav and not Toughness, I'd stick with a SMG or shotgun. IMO Toughness is almost required for LMGs and ARs.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.
#3WeaponX115(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 4:16:46 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
IMO drop Black Hats and the wild card. Load up with Scavenger and use your SMG of choice.

Or keep the Black Hats and the wild card, but still load up with Scav. As for gun, since you're using Scav and not Toughness, I'd stick with a SMG or shotgun. IMO Toughness is almost required for LMGs and ARs.

scavenger, flat jacket, vector with long barrel and long mag? how does that sound?
#4KabtheMentatPosted 5/1/2013 4:19:56 PM
I think the Vector is a piece of ****, but it's personal preference, I'm not really a SMG guy, I like ARs and LMGs more. Use whatever SMG set up you like. Flak Jacket is always a solid choice, since just about all of the other first perks blow ass.
---
#5WeaponX115(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 4:22:35 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
I think the Vector is a piece of ****, but it's personal preference, I'm not really a SMG guy, I like ARs and LMGs more. Use whatever SMG set up you like. Flak Jacket is always a solid choice, since just about all of the other first perks blow ass.

hmmm, how bout SMR with a target finder and FMJ? too noobish? lol
or SMR with select fire and long barrel?
#6KabtheMentatPosted 5/1/2013 4:29:13 PM
Uh, SMR doesn't have long barrel.

Like I said, it's up to you. The point of the Engineer class isn't the weaponry. It's taking out people's equipment and killstreaks. Use whatever gun set up that keeps you alive the longest and able to pick up ammo bags so you can continue to lob EMPs at campers and their gear.

Though if you're going to use Black Hats, I'd go with a closer range weapon like a SMG or shotgun, because unlike with the EMPs where you can toss them across the map, you have to be somewhat closer with the Black Hats to use them.
---
#7cheezstachePosted 5/1/2013 6:59:39 PM
IMO this is the most fun class in the game:

Primary+2 Attachments
Secondary (I prefer FHJ)

Flak Jacket
Scavenger
Engineer

EMP
Black Hat

Tactition

I recommend using an SMG or shotgun because lack of Toughness isn't as big of a factor at close range but anything will do.
#8ShadonicPosted 5/3/2013 6:00:12 AM
cheezstache posted...
IMO this is the most fun class in the game:

Primary+2 Attachments
Secondary (I prefer FHJ)

Flak Jacket
Scavenger
Engineer

EMP
Black Hat

Tactition

I recommend using an SMG or shotgun because lack of Toughness isn't as big of a factor at close range but anything will do.

Not bad, but consider Cold blooded instead of scavenger, makes Nuking enemy killstreaks out of the sky much easier, I'd also consider throwing away the FHJ for an extra black hat, black hats won't give you away and will let you sneak up on people setting up BB's and claymores / shock charges everywhere much more easily.

for a primary, the all rounders are a good choice - Peacekeeper will keep you safe at just about any range, MSMC is also a good shout, or one of the lighter AR's - Type or MTAR, even a FAL can be good if you've got a good trigger finger, quickdraw + stock for AR's, or two attachments of your choice for smg's.

if you can give up one attachment (Peackeeper + Stock is a good all rounder for this) you can still have your FHJ and your extra blackhat to make you a Equipment nuke machine, but this works better as part of a team than playing vs randoms, it's very support-oriented.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?